Is It Still So Wrong?

It's Been A Year

(note: I made up my own Music Awards thingeh ^o^ ohohohohoho! @w@)

Mikey’s POV:

It had been a year ever since the tour; everyone is now at least a year older, well duh. It’s funny that the guys and I just knew about what the girls do for a living, maybe it was because we didn’t bother at first. Anna is actually a novelist, I’ve read some of her works, she’s good. Nadine is the head of a rock magazine that is kinda mainly about us since one: her cousin is in our band and two: her boyfriend is in our band too, yes I’m talking about Frankie and Bob. Abi is a veterinarian; well I had always thought she’d make a good one coz of her love for dogs… and other animals… but mainly dogs. Mikee is actually a music video directress, surprise there; I guess we didn’t know her because she used to not like to see her name flash on the screen when a music video is shown.

Well yeah, that’s about the summary of what had happened, not much actually. Gerard and I are still together, though only the girls and the guys in the band know, we haven’t even told our parents for God’s sake. Yeah, that’s just how much we want to keep our relationship a secret.

“Damn it, where are they?” Frankie said, impatiently pacing around while looking at his watch. If you guys are wondering where we are, we’re at the Music Awards thing with the Panic! dudes. You might ask why we’re just standing outside instead of inside where the awarding is about to start, we’re waiting for the girls.

“Are women always this fashionably late?” Bob said, leaning on the wall.

“The awarding is going to be finished by the time they get here.” Ryan said.

“Let me know when the girls are here… I’m going to doze off on Spencer’s shoulder now…” Brendon said, he was just about to do that when Spencer backed away.

“Brendon! People will think we’re gay or something!” he said.

“But I’m sleepy and it’s just you guys here!” Brendon complained.

“Sleep on the floor.” Jon said.

“No way! It’s dirty and it’ll ruin my suit.”

“Then don’t do anything, just wait until the girls are here.” Jon said.

“They’re taking a real long time though.” Ray said.

“Gee, ya think?” Ryan said.

“Oh come on you guys, they’re taking time just to look hot for you, what kind of appreciation is this?” Gerard said.

“Easy for you to say, you don’t have a date.” Brendon said.

“And for some strange reason Mikey doesn’t have one either.” Jon said.

“That’s funny, aren’t you two the really hot dudes who has millions of fangirls?” Spencer said.

“What’s with the no dates thing?” Ryan said, I glanced at Gerard for a while.

“I don’t know, I guess there’s just not a girl out there for us yet.” I said, Gee and I have been together for a long time now we’ve become accustomed to lying.

“People might think you two are gay if you don’t hook up with someone soon.” Spencer said in a supposedly joking voice, we just chuckled along. We heard a screeching sound, turning around we saw a black car pull over in front of where we were.

“Must be the girls.” Bob said.

“Finally!” Frankie said. The car door opened and out stepped Mikee, in lilac colored dress. She felt uneasy in heels as she grasped the car door, she looked up and noticed everyone was practically staring.

“Why’s everyone staring? Stop staring!” she said, feeling uneasy.

“Just move over so I could get down Mimi!” I heard Abi say, Mikee moved and Abi stepped out of the car in what has to be the lightest shade of blue as her dress.

“Ab-ab! I’m not used to heels!” Mikee said, holding onto her friend, making her nearly go off balance.

“Ah! So am I Mimi! Let go! You’re going to make both of us fall!” Abi said.

“I need someone to hold onto!”

“I SAID LET GO MIMI!”

“Would you two stop fighting?!” I heard Nadine shout, she came out in an apple green color, Bob said green was her favorite color.

“Let the kids fight Nadine, it’ll be interesting.” I heard Anna say, also stepping out of the car after Nadine in a black dress.

“Where’s the car with Christa, Riley and Iris?” Nadine said, looking around.

“Ooh! They’re here!” Anna said, pointing to another car that pulled over. Christa was first to come out in a silver colored dress.

“Having trouble with heels Mikee?” she said.

“Oh shut up!” Mikee snapped.

“Christa, this is no time to start arguing with your boyfriend’s cousin.” Iris said, getting out of the car with her white dress.

“Sorry we’re late you guys.” Riley said, who was the only one polite enough to actually apologize to us for being late, she was in a gold colored dress.

“Agh! The colors! So… bright! Must shield eyes!” Anna said.

“Ooh… pretty colors…” Nadine said.

“I’m going to fall!” Abi said.

“Don’t! Coz if you’ll fall I’ll fall too!” Mikee said.

“Then stop holding me!”

“But I’ll fall!” it seemed the girls were a little too busy with themselves to notice us guys at the moment, but then again, most of the guys were too busy staring at the girls with mouths opened in surprise too.

“Guys, you’ll catch a lot of flies that way.” Gerard commented, I cleared my throat loudly, catching both the guys’ and girls’ attention.

“The awarding is going to start any minute now, are we going to get inside or not?” I said.

“Wait! I want a picture of all of us first!” Nadine said, getting her camera out of her matching green purse.

“Right now?” Bob said, looking disapprovingly at the gadget in his girlfriend’s hands.

“Come on! Everyone looks so formal in tuxedos and dresses! I want a picture!” Nadine said, pouting.

“Formal or informal?” Gerard asked.

“Formal, well duh, we are in formal wear.” Nadine said.

“Let’s have a picture!” Frankie said in a hyper tone, jumping around again.

“I can’t be hyper in these heels… if I jump I fall…” Mikee said.

“Come on! Let’s get this over with already!” Brendon said.

“Wait! Who’s going to take the picture?” Anna said.

“I’ll get some random dude to take it.” Nadine said.

“You sure it won’t get stolen by that random dude or something?” Iris said.

“Ooh! Hey you over there!” Nadine said, not really listening to Iris as she called out to a security guard near the entrance. He goes over to our direction with a puzzled look on his face. “Can you take a picture of us?” Nadine asked sheepishly, Frankie tried not to laugh at his cousin. Nadine noticed though and stepped on his foot, which was painful even though he had shoes on coz she was in heels.

“Ow!” Frankie said, hopping around with the non-afflicted foot.

“Are you okay Frankie?” Mikee asked, the security guard took the camera and stared at it for a while as everyone went over to their positions, when Bob passed by the security guard, I heard him mutter something to him.

“If you steal that camera we have every right to sue you.” he threatened, I fought back a laugh. Since it was a formal picture, we were just pretty much smiling and standing next to our pairs. Gee and I stood next to each other of course, but to those who don’t know about our relationship we did that as brothers and the two only single men in our group of friends, and it’s just that. Just when the guard taking our picture was going to press the button someone stopped him momentarily.

“Wait!” Ryan said, making everyone turn to him.

“What?” Brendon asked.

“Let Gerard and Mikey be in the middle.” he suggested.

“Why?” Jon asked.

“Coz they’re the only dudes without a girl at the moment!”

“People will think they’re together or something.” Anna said, which is actually true, and she knows that, but all the guys and girls who know about me and Gee are pretty good liars now.

“Aw come on, people aren’t that imaginative, they’re brothers, they have an excuse to be together like this.” Ryan said.

“I don’t know Ryan; there might be people who are like Mikee.” Christa said.

“What is that supposed to mean?!” Mikee said.

“She’s talking about your obsession with incest-yaoi.” Nadine pointed out.

“Oh…”

“Come on Gee! Mikey! Please?” Ryan asked, pulling a begging look. I exchanged glances with my brother, who shrugged, meaning it was okay with him.

“Well, just so we could get this picture over with already, we’ll be late for the awarding.” I said as the two of us walk over to the middle. When we were all ready there was a flash from Nadine’s camera.

“Yay! Thanks security guard dude!” Nadine said, taking her camera from the security guard and checked the picture while walking to the entrance with her friends.

“Let me see!” Anna said.

“I wanna see too!” Abi said.

“Bend over! I can’t see!” Mikee said.

“Gah! Stop crowding over me! You’re squishing me!” Nadine said.

“We wanna see!” Anna, Abi and Mikee chorused. Everyone had gone inside already, with me and Gee purposely falling really behind the group so we could talk without looking suspicious.

“It’s been a year…” I heard Gerard say, making me turn to him as we enter the huge building where the awarding was being held. I turn to him, seeing a smile on his face as he unnoticeably brushes his hand against mine, I smile back at him.

“Yeah, it has.” I said back to him, but only loud enough for him to hear and no one else. An usher and usherette came over at our direction and we distanced ourselves a little. The two showed us where we were supposed to seat and went over to where they ushered us too, well, that’s what ushers and usherettes do.

“Looks like it hasn’t started yet.” Frankie, who was sitting on my left, said. Gerard of course was on my right.

“Yeah, whoa, look at all the other bands in here.” I said.

“I know, look! There’s Evanescence!” Frankie pointed out.

“Taking Back Sunday!” I said.

“The Used.”

“Green Day.”

“Panic! At the Disco.”

“Well duh, they went in with us remember?” I said, Frankie chuckles a bit.

“I know, just felt like it, your turn to spot a famous band we both know.” he said, I looked around, there were a lot of bands there actually, well, it is the Music Awards and all.

“Looks like competitions going to be tough this year…” I said, forgetting about our little game.

“Yeah, there are tons of great bands out there, some of them maybe even better than we are.” Frankie said.

“You think we’ll be able to win that award?”

“Are you two doubting your band’s potential?” Nadine said, who was sitting in front of us and apparently overheard our conversation.

“I’m not doubting! I was just wondering…” I protested.

“It’s okay Mikey, who wouldn’t be intimidated by all the other bands out there?” Nadine said.

“Yeah… she has a point… not everyone thinks we’re the greatest band in the world…” Frankie said, I heard Gerard cough next to me, Frankie and Nadine heard it too.

“I’d appreciate if you three would stop creating a tension in the air near me… do it someplace else…” he said.

“We’re intimidating poor Gee… we should stop now…” Nadine said.

“He’s our frontman, why wouldn’t he be scared?” Frankie said.

“Shut up Frankie.” Gerard said.

“Uh… when Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione go up on stage with some envelopes in their hands… does that mean the awarding is going to start?” I said, seeing the two Dresden Dolls go up the stage and take the spot where the podium is.

“Nadine, sit properly now.” Bob, who was sitting next to Nadine (of course), said.

“I was going to do that… okay now I am…” Nadine said, turning away from us now and now focusing on the two hosts.

“Good evening America and welcome to the 2007 Music Awards!” Amanda said and the place filled with the sound of clapping and some hollering. “I’m Amanda Palmer.”

“And I’m Brian Viglione.”

“We’re the Dresden Dolls and we’ll be your hosts for tonight.” they chorused, yet another round of clapping. The awarding went as usual, they announced some winners of some genres and the usual roar of the crowds clapping and hollering was heard every time they announced the winner. Then the category for best techno band came, I looked over at where the Panic! dudes were sitting with Anna and Abi. I could see the couples holding hands with each other as they announced the last nominee.

“And the award goes to…” Brian said in a slow, suspenseful voice as Amanda unfolds the envelope.

“Panic! At the Disco!” the two said over the microphone in unison.

“YES!!!” I heard Brendon shout as he literally jumps from his seat, I watch as the guys hug and kiss their girlfriends shortly in happiness before going up on stage and taking the award from Amanda and Brian as the two hosts moved away so the Panic! dudes will start making their speech at the podium.