Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Holy Shit

I opened the door, and there was a happy Eddie looking at me.

He changed his hairstyle.

It was longer, almost as long as Jimmy's hair. It had blue and red streaks running through it. His grey eyes were the same though.

"Hi," he said softly. "Hey," I said cheerfully.

"Hello."

I looked behind me.

What was Zacky doing?

"Hey, Zacky. Long time, no see." Eddie said. I could practically feel the tension choking me.

"Yeah," Zacky said.

"Well, let's get going, Eddie." I said. I grabbed his right hand, and I led him out of the doorway.

Zacky was making me nervous, when he stood in back of me. It made shivers go down my spine. I enjoyed it, but I knew I had to get away.

He's not mine. He will never be mine.. Never again. Too late.

I stayed silent throughout the ride. It didn't matter anyways. Eddie was talking enough for the both of us. All he seemed to do was talk about meaningless things too.

Eddie took me to a diner. I had a hot dog and some onion rings. I was hoping that the food would brighten me up. Of course, it didn't.

Food wouldn't be able to cheer me up. Eddie wouldn't be able to cheer me up. Hell, even alcohol wouldn't cheer me up at this point.

"Do you want me to take you back to Emily's?" Eddie asked. I shrugged.

"I'm sorry that I'm so bland today," I said. Eddie shrugged.

"Emma, even I know something has to be terribly wrong. Things might be going hard for you right now, but I think you know exactly what to do, as weird as that sounds."

I felt the familiar feeling on my nails digging into my skin.

"I'll take you back now," Eddie said.

The car ride was silent without Eddie's long rants. He didn't even look at me.

"We're here," Eddie said. I nodded.

"Thank you, Eddie. For everything," I whispered.

"Emma, I know you're not stable right now, but I know you will be soon. When you're stable, will you give me a chance? You never did."

I couldn't speak. What was I suppose to say to that?

"Emma, I know you're probably depressed because of a guy, but I think the best thing for you would to date another guy." Eddie said.

I shrugged.

"I'm not asking for an answer right now, Emma. I just want you to know that I've always been interested in you." Eddie said.

I nodded slowly.

I knew that me and him would never happen, despite what Eddie would try on me.

"Here, I'll walk you to the door." Eddie said.

I nodded.

As we got to the front door, I felt Eddie put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him oddly, and he suddenly pushed me on him.

I could feel through his shirt that he was toned, it was almost like a rock.

"Emma, please." He whispered.

Please what?

I raised my arms up, and I hugged him. He brought his hands to my waist, bringing me even closer to him.

Eddie slowly raised his head from my neck, and I looked at him.

His grey eyes weren't piercing into me at all. They almost looked completely dull to me. This wasn't right, not at all.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, you know that?" Eddie asked. I smiled softly.

"Eddie, please don't lie to me," I whispered. "I'm not. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and I've been all over this world. You're still the most beautiful gorgeous thing still."

I shook my head slowly.

This wasn't right at all.

His words were... nothing to me. They didn't make me blush. I felt like he was just spitting lies out of his mouth, like he was coming up with it right on the spot.

It didn't make me feel special at all. It made me feel like he was just saying words to make me get in his pants. This wasn't right at all.

Eddie slowly brought his right hand to my cheek.

"Emma," he breathed out.

I slowly closed my eyes.

I could feel his hot breath on my lips, and I could picture him being Zacky.

That it was Zacky's hands on my face. That it was Zacky's body pressed against mine. That it was Zacky's lips that was about to touch my own.

"Holy shit!"

I jumped up, hitting Eddie's head.

"Ow," Eddie and I said.

Wait that voice.

I quickly looked up.

There was Zacky and Gena. She was looking at me plainly.. Actually, she was sort of eying me up and down, almost like she was measuring me up. I didn't like that.

Zacky's face was blank. I couldn't read it at all.

What was he feeling right now that he caught me almost kissing another guy? Did he feel anything?

I wasn't prepared for what happened next at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wonder what's gonna happen next?