Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Charles Isn't Happy

We were all sitting perfectly relaxed in their changing room.

I sighed.

The guys weren't really talking to Charles. They were all glaring at him, hard. So far, I hadn't seen Zacky once, and I was completely happy with that fact.

"So are you guys gonna question Charles or can we go?" I asked. "Patience is a virtue, Emma." Brian said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I have none of that," I mumbled.

"Fine, let's get started." Matt said sitting up straight. "So Charles," Johnny said with disgust.

I shivered in the cold room.

"How did you meet our little Emma here?" Johnny finished. Charles flashed a grin.

"She was touring Princeton on a field trip, and I just so happened to see her. She looked so incredibly lost and confused. She was so adorable, I had to talk to her." Charles said smiling.

I sighed.

This was his favorite part and my worst memory. Well, worst memory that involved Charles anyways.

"Well, as I tapped her shoulder, she ended up punching me in the nose. I guess it was her reflexes coming in," Charles said laughing.

The guys just stared at him, smirking. No doubt they were thinking he deserved the punch.

"The punch didn't do much. Her hand is kind of small, so I just stood there as she continued to apologize repeatedly."

I shook my head slowly.

I wasn't exactly proud that my reflex was to punch him.

Of course, I hadn't hurt Charles at all. He was a tough guy, and I wasn't as strong as I seemed to act.

"I told her the only way I would forgive her was for her to go out on a dare with me," Charles said.

"She actually agreed?" Brian asked raising an eyebrow.

Charles shook his head.

"Of course not, I had to beg her just so I could give her my number." Charles said laughing. "But she did end up calling you, then?" Johnny asked.

Charles nodded.

"I was surprised but happy."

I sighed remembering why I called him in the first place. I was planning on using him as my rebound for Zacky.

As you can tell, that's not how it ended up at all.

"She invited me to go out on a double date with her friend. I had bring my friend too," Charles said. "Your friend was terrible." I said laughing.

"Henry's just a little bashful," Charles said. "He puked over the table!" I yelled laughing.

"He was nervous. You were so pretty, that it was the only thing he could do." I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

"Well, we had a good time, but Emma ended up telling me she wanted nothing to do with relationships. She said she had just gotten out of a terrible one, and she was still in love with the guy." Charles said.

"And did she ever tell you who the guy was?" Brian asked.

"No, and I didn't need to know. Emma ended up going out with me in the end, and it's been a blast." Charles said smiling. I nodded.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Matt asked. "Two years now," Charles said.

All of the guys' jaws dropped.

"Emma, why didn't you tell us about him earlier?" Johnny asked. "Because you guy didn't need to know about him." I said.

I heard a girl screaming Zacky's name loudly. I turned to look at a door.

"Guys, just what the hell was that?" I asked. "It's probably Zacky and his groupie." Jimmy said happily.

I sighed, while shaking my head.

"He's gotta get some lovin' somewhere, Emma." Jimmy said.

"Yeah, I forgot. Apparently, guys need sex a lot more than us, girls." I muttered.

"Which brings me to our next question. So have you had sex with our Emma yet?" Brian asked.

All of the guys seemed to lean in, glaring harder at Charles.

I began to panic.

"Of course not, guys." I said laughing nervously. The guys all stared up at me.

"Yes, we have." Charles said coolly. Brian glared at him.

Oh my, this was a touchy subject, wasn't it?

"How many times?" Brian asked angrily. Charles looked up at me.

"Tell them," I said folding my arms.

What the hell was he doing?

"I, honestly, don't know the number. We've done it more than twenty times this month though," Charles answered.

I rolled my eyes.

Just answer any type of question they ask!

"I didn't think Emma could handle that much sex. I guess she grew up in some ways then."

That voice. The tone, the volume.

I sucked in a big breath of air as I turned to the direction of the voice.

"Zacky," I whispered.

He had baggy black jeans hanging on his hips and no shirt to be found on his body. His black hair was a mess, and the groupie was hanging on his shoulders.

"Who is she, Zacky?" The girl asked disgusted with me. I rolled my eyes.

"She's nobody, now leave." Zacky hissed. The girl scoffed, but she left quickly.

"Hello, Emma." Zacky said. I ignored him. Charles looked at me in confusion.

"Babe, I think it's time we left." I said grabbing his hand. Charles looked over at Zacky.

"Why?" I saw Zacky begin to chuckle. "No reason, let's just go." I said getting up. Charles didn't budge.

"I think you should answer my question, Emma."

I heard Zacky begin to laugh louder.

"You honestly don't know her very well do you, Charles?" Zacky asked. I rolled my eyes.

"He knows me very well. He just isn't listening right now," I muttered. I tugged at Charles's hand.

"Let's go," I said.

I sounded so demanding that I was surprised, when Charles didn't budge. He didn't move an inch.

"Emma, answer me." He said. His voice made me shudder.

"No," I said. I let go of his hand.

"I don't think I have to," I said folding my arms. Charles frowned at me.

"Zacky and I don't have the best relationship." I said finally. "Now let's go," Charles said standing up. I looked up at all the guys.

"Nice to meet you all. Hopefully, we'll get to see each other soon." Charles said waving.

"Love ya guys. See ya later!" I called.

As soon as we left the room, Charles was quiet. He wouldn't even look at me. I tried my best to get him to say something.

I held his hand, I leaned on him, I even kissed him. Nothing came out of his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's the update. Sorry for it kind of being sort of late.