My Summer Love Story

Wannabe

"Ahhh!" I scream in frustration, trying to yank my socks from my sneakers.

"This is getting ridiculous," Maxy agrees, trying to pull her socks out as well. "Super glue," She sighs, "We're not getting these babies out."

I pause from where I had been slamming my shoe on the wall. "Are you serious?" I ask, staring down my shoe.

"She's done every prank in the book," I say, grabbing Lena's shoes out from under her feet before she can step in them. I tick them off on my fingers, "Ice shower, kool-aid in the shower head, frozen underwear, salt on our toothbrushes," I shudder, "I hate salt."

"Don't forget about the hot sauce," Maxy reminds me.

"And then she hid all of our drinks," I gag, "She has inside men I know it, how else does she do all of these things?"

"She's like a freaking ninja!" Lena exclaims pulling out a different pair of sneakers, shrieking when some leftover fake bugs from the last prank fall out of her cubby. "Please just say you're sorry," She begs, "I can't take anymore of this."

I glance at Maxy but she shakes her head no, "Come on guys, they haven't been that bad." I say trying to be optimistic, "In a couple of years we'll look back and laugh," I shrug into my jacket and screech when my hand comes out covered in shaving cream.

"I'm apologizing." I state and then leave the cabin, dragging Maxy behind me.

"Look Liv, we're sorry." I say coming up behind her at the lake, elbowing Maxy to speak.

"Yeah, sorry." She says, sticking her tongue out when Liv turns away.

"You're going to have to do better then that." She says, placing her sunglasses on the top of her head.

"Liv, seriously, we've had enough and we're sorry, really." I say, a second away from begging.

"You're just sorry because you don't want me to do anything else to you." She says, stretching out on her large pink and orange towel.

"Yeah, and there's that," Maxy mumbles beside me.

"Fine, what do you want us to do?"

She sits up and for the first time turns to look at us, "You'll see."

-

"No way," I say, yanking on my itchy blond wig for the tenth time. Liv's idea of revenge had been signing us up for the talent show, she had chosen our wardrobe and our song.

"It's not that bad," Maxy says, pulling on her straight black wig and posing, "how do I look?" She asks, twirling in her seventies outfit.

"Gorgeous darling," I say sarcastically, "why did we agree to this again?"

"I don't know about you, but I don't want my bloomers hoisted up the flag pole again for the whole camp to see if you know what I mean." She says.

"Fine, but she's dead meat after." I threaten.

"And now welcome Maxy and Jackie!" I hear our names being called and we heave deep breaths before stepping out onto the stage, bright lights blinding us.

A microphone gets thrust into my hand and I take it still blinking, "Hi I'm Jackie and this is Maxy. We were told to say sorry to Liv. I place my hand over my eyes and try to spot her, "Sorry Liv!" The crowd laughs slightly, "Anyway, she chose our song so we don't know what it is yet, but apparently we have to sing it." This time the crowd laughs and we chuckle along.

When the opening lines start Maxy looks at me with wide eyes mouthing, "You've got to be kidding me."

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
Really, really wanna zigzag ha

If you want my future, forget my past
If you wanna get with me, better make it fast
Now don't go wasting my precious time
Get your act together, we could be just fine

We laugh and sing the words, making up our own dance moves and trying to keep the wigs on our heads. At one point Maxy attempts an I whip my hair moment and her wig goes flying into the crowd, to which the crowd goes crazy for.

--

At the end of the song we bow and the crowd applauds us off.

"That wasn't so bad," I admit, throwing my wig in an empty corner backstage.

"We were born to be stars," Maxy laughs.

"I bet Liv wasn't thinking about how hard it is for us to get embarrassed, huh?" I ask, going to the changing room and switching my clothes.

We fist bump and head to the auditorium to watch the rest of the show, laughing about how simple revenge can be sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So two chapters in one day deserves comments, huh? Even though it is so not my best.
(: