My Summer Love Story

Stalker, well sort of

Jackie's Pov

We slowly made our way up the pebbled path to the cabin while the ever talkative Liz introduced me to half of the camp's population while also pointing out separate trails, landmarks, and poison ivy that she warned me to stay away from. I casually asked her about what Cade had meant by his earlier threat but she had giggled and brushed it away before answering. Somehow that dosen't give me the greatest feeling, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to fall asleep tonight.

The lake was probably the most amazing part. It was pushed back into the middle of the woods near the cabins and surrounded by trees so it was covered in shadows. Kids were already screaming and throwing themselves off of the wooden dock into the glittering water below, splashing each other as if there was never to be another day of camp.

All of the cabins were named after a tree and ours was Maple. A cute little name I thought as soon as Liz told me it but as soon as we got to the cabin I froze in my tracks, Liz running into my sweat drenched back behind me. 'So much for deodorant', I thought with disgust as I pulled the shirt away from my hot skin.

The cabin was about the size of my bedroom back home and the screen door was tattered and the wood was faded and flying around the door were mosquitoes and who knows what else kind of bugs, did I mention I hate bugs? The porch was sagging and the wood was well worn and splintering in places. If this was what it looked like on the outside then I had no intentions on seeing the inside, where I would be living, for the summer. 'gulp'. Liz being the braver of us poked her head in the door and grinned, "It got cleaned up since last year!" I continued to stare at her.

After ten minutes of a game of who can get Jackie in the cabin fastest I finally entered the cabin but refused to take my green flip flops off at the rickety door. I looked around and let a small smile escape onto my tension filled face, 'This isn't so terrible' I thought as I pushed my over stuffed suitcase onto the closest bottom bunk and then promptly stepped on a bug. Fml.
-----

The CIT (Counselor In Training) briefly introduced herself to Liz and I and then left to help cook for the annual Kick Off Campfire. Two of our bunk mates came soon after informing us that the other two would be late due to a late bus and shyly we all unpacked our bags and as best as we could organize it all into little cubbies that were lined up on the far wall near the bathroom.

The cabin had a pretty simple lay out. As soon as you entered the cabin you faced the bathroom door which is on the far wall with the counselors room right next to it and the cubbies are on the right side of the doors. The bunks are on the left and right side of the walls and graffiti from years of campers was plastered on all of the walls, ceiling, the bunks, and even the floor. Welcome to my summer bunk.

Soon it was dark outside and we met up with our new bunk mates and counselor on the way to the cook out. We introduced ourselves simply and made our way back down the path to the already lit campfire, the other girls promising to catch up with us after dropping their stuff off at the cabin.

Liz soon took off to a group of girls giving them hugs and squealing all of their names and I shyly dropped back into the shadows of the trees, feeling home sick.

"Jackie?" A deep voice said from behind me.

I squealed and jumped back stepping on something hard before tripping and landing on my butt, knocking the wind out of me.

I felt a warm hand wrap itself around my elbow, pull me up and I made sure I had my balance back before looking up into the face of my stalker, whom I didn't recognize.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hangerrrr and a poor attempt at a filler because I suck like that. Haha anyway, this is also old but I fresh out of old chapters so now I have to write brand new ones!! Yay.

So yes, they will be new. And I apologize if this is not descriptive as well but this is the way I used to write and I have gotten better. I swear! So keep tuned for the brand new chapters of MSLS! Or missliss as it is pronounced. Comment, subscribe, rate, add me and as always creative criticism is welcome :)