Unreachable Love

Chapter VII

Friday.

The ultimate day I’d been dreading to reach. Okay, not the ultimate. The ultimate day will be in about two days. But let’s get through today first.

---><3<---

Tell me that I’m dreaming when I walk into my English classroom and in front of my seat, there’s Trevor. And after I sit down, Oliver comes to sit by me. Please, please someone tell me I’m dreaming.

Sad thing is, I’m not.

“Hey, Belinda.” Oliver says dropping into the seat. “Why’d you bail on me?”

“I didn’t bail on you. You told me you’d wait outside so we could discuss it, and we did. That’s not bailing on you.”

“We DISCUSSED it?! No we didn’t.”

“Okay. Well then I guess we just did.” I turned in my seat to face Trevor who was turned around watching us.

He takes his eyes off Oliver with a last piercing glance to look at me. “Bell, I thought we could maybe get a bite to eat after rehearsal tonight. How ‘bout Crecio’s?”

After what I heard from Ciara last night I’m not sure what to say. This is the first time I’ve ever been asked to go anywhere with anyone. If we could just go as friends, maybe I could help him with his homework. He may be a junior on the inside, but really he takes all 10th grade classes because he flunked a grade.

“You mean—like, on a date?” I asked questionably.

I saw his gaze flicker in Oli’s direction and then back. “Well, I guess, I mean—if you don’t want to go on it like, a date. Well, um, I guess, it doesn’t have to be a date.” He mumbles through his words, clearly taken back and embarrassed by getting said no to.

“Cool.” I smiled. I was glad to be clear and to maybe help him pass 10th grade with flying colors.

Okay. So maybe, Friday wasn’t so bad. I thought it’d be worse. But Trevor saved my life against Oliver. I was afraid he’d be mad at me but I think now it was all in my head. I can’t believe how paranoid I can be.

---<3---

That night, Trevor and I rode over to Crecio’s, this Italian fast food place a couple miles away. There isn’t much good food to eat in our little town. We had fun. We talked and laughed. Just two “friends” joking around. I guess you could call us friends now. I really don’t know what a friend is.

On the way back, he drove me home. We kept up the fun in the car. I told him stories about Ciara which made him laugh. I like that ability, to make someone laugh and smile. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He reached his hand up and placed it on my thigh. I winced. I knew, that friends didn’t do that. Of course, not from experience but from books. I gently pushed it off onto the seat. He chuckled. Was that good, did he not mind that I just pushed him off? He put his hand up to my face and started stroking it. He pushed down really hard and his rough skin hurt.

I didn’t notice when he pulled over in the middle of a deserted road. No, I was too focused on the pain of my hair being pulled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, maybe not the best chapter.
None of the chapters so far are the best though.

Sorry, it's kinda short. I had to leave you hanging though. But I'm sure you at least have a guess of what happens next.
Wait and see.