Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Our Own Way

You had traveled to a small town but you had ran out of money, you went to beg for some money as so did Zuko and Iroh. You found a nice area and put your scarf down on the floor in a circle. You started to sing a song called Other Side of the World.

“Over the sea and far away

She's waiting like an Iceberg

Waiting to change,
But she's cold inside

She wants to be like the water,

All the muscles tighten in her face

Buries her soul in one embrace

They're one and the same

Just like water

Then the fire fades away

But most of everyday

Is full of tired excuses

But it's too hard to say

I wish it were simple

But we give up easily

You're close enough to see that

You're.... the other side of the world to me

On comes the panic light

Holding on with fingers and feelings alike

But the time has come

To move along

Then the fire fades away

But most of everyday

Is full of tired excuses

But it's too hard to say

I wish it were simple

But we give up easily

You're close enough to see that

You're.... the other side of the world

Can you help me? 

Can you let me go

And can you still love me

When you can't see me anymore

Then the fire fades away most of everyday

Is full of tired excuses

But it's too hard to say

I wish it were simple

But we give up easily

You're close enough to see that

You're.... the other side of the world

Ohh.... the other side of the world

You're.... the other side of the world

To me”

You got quite a bit of money from all the people that were walking around, you then saw that Iroh was getting attacked by a man who was making him dance by using his swords to taunt him, you stood there shocked as the man gave them one gold coin.

“Hey, your that girl from before, that really sweet, sexy dancer.” One guy started coming onto you, you stepped back a little until you hit the wall, “please, just leave me alone… I’m a traveler and I need the money…” you said, the man put his hand by your head and leaned in, “How about I give you some more money? If you do me a favor…” the man smirked and looked at your chest.

“No thank you.” You went to walk off but the guy grabbed you, “I’m not done with you, when a girl puts a show on like that she’s trying to show off her body to men so she can get a good time for the night isn’t that right?” the man pulled you towards him, “Let me go…” you put your hands against his chest trying to push away.

“Let her go.” Zuko pushed the man off of you, you grabbed onto Zuko’s arm. “So I guess this means you’re her boyfriend? I wouldn’t trust her boy, she was showing her body off like she wasn’t even wearing anything.” The man smirked at you and looked up and down your body, Zuko growled, he pulled you away towards Iroh.

You stopped with them and hugged yourself, “I was only singing to entertain the kids because loads of them were about…” you said, “Mummy look it’s that pretty singer!” you looked to your right and saw a small child with his mother, you smiled at him and waved. You saw the little boys cheeks glow red and he looked away.

You all got something to eat in town and then for the night you found a nice area under the stars to sleep. That night you fell asleep in Zuko’s arms again and woke up later on seeing that Zuko wasn’t around. You sat up and saw someone jumping over the roofs then you saw the mask of the blue spirit. “Zuko…” you whispered, then a hand wrapped around your mouth. You squirmed as someone dragged you off.

When they let go, they thrown you to the ground in front of two other men, “It’s that girl from this morning boys.” The same voice from earlier spoke, you looked back at the pervert that come onto you until Zuko pulled you away.

“Oh god…” you muttered, you stood up and tried to get past them in the alley but they got in your way. You started to use hand-to-hand but they blocked your attacks, as one man bound your hands behind your back, “No! Stop this!” you yelled. “Shut up you little slut, your boyfriend isn’t here to save you now.” A man tilted your chin and forcefully kissed you.

Another man held you to his body as his hands wondered up your top.

-Zuko’s POV-
When I got back to where Xia and my uncle were, Xia wasn’t around. I looked at her bed and saw it was kicked about the area, someone must have grabbed her.

I grabbed my mask and ran after Xia trying to find her, “No!” I heard her voice. I followed it until I saw those men from before they were abusing her, my grip on my blades tightened I jumped down and knocked them out one by one before they even knew anything was wrong.

~Xia’s POV~
You fell to your knees as someone saved you and knocked out the three men that were abusing you. You got picked up but you didn’t look up to see who it was until he put you down in the forest, when you looked up you saw, “Zuko?” you asked, he nodded, you smiled and ran to hug him, “Thank you for saving me Zuko.” You smiled; Zuko wrapped his arms around your waist, “Anything for you Xia… I couldn’t just leave you.” Zuko replied, you smiled and looked into his eyes.

You wrapped your arms around his neck as Zuko moved in and kissed you. This was maybe your first ever, real kiss, it was passionate and long. Zuko’s tongue slipped across your bottom lip as you granted him entrance to explore, Zuko pushed you against the tree and pinned you there as your tongues danced wildly.

After a while you pushed Zuko down on the floor so you were on top and continued to kiss him. Zuko’s hands were at your waist then slipped down and held your hips. He pulled you down so you were lying on him while you kissed. Zuko pushed you over and lay on top of you as he started to kiss down your neck, “Zuko…” you whispered, he started to nibble and suck on your collarbone, and you bit your bottom lip softly and moaned a little.

Zuko’s hands started to explore more as you ran your fingers through his hair. Zuko’s lips returned to yours for a few more minutes until he moved back leaving you breathless. You smiled at him warmly, “Xia,” Zuko said, “Yea?” you asked, “I love you.” Zuko smiled, you returned the smile, “I love you too,” you pecked him as he picked you up.

Zuko lay you down next to him in the forest so you wouldn’t be cold at that night. You fell asleep on top of Zuko as he wrapped his arms around you protectively.

~FF~
You woke up to birds tweeting that morning and saw Iroh was awake, “Where’s Zuko?” you asked, then Zuko appeared and thrown two baskets of food in front of Iroh. “Where did you get these?” Iroh asked, “What does it matter where they came from?” Zuko asked and walked off.

Zuko looked at you and smiled, you stood up and ran over to Zuko as he pulled you into an embrace. “Come on, let’s go for a walk.” Zuko suggested, you smiled and held onto his arm as you both started to walk through the forest. Kara was flying up ahead as Zuko pushed you against the tree and his lips met yours.

You were surprised by this but returned the kiss with as much passion, when Zuko pulled back he started kissing down your neck, “Zuko… what’s gotten into… you…” you moaned a little, “you…” Zuko whispered, “Xia, when I first met you I thought you were just a girl who was remarkably beautiful with a voice that could even calm a dragon. But the more I got to know you the more I went crazy in love for you, I’m crazy about you Xia, and I can’t hold myself back.” Zuko explained, you smiled at him, “Then don’t.” you replied, Zuko looked at you shocked then smiled.

You two both returned to kissing and your walk later on.

You actually stayed with Iroh as Zuko was away from camp. You went out looking for some flowers that Iroh could use for making his teas with. You found quite a few and taken them back to camp as Zuko was back, he was just leaving again. “Zuko.” You smiled; he stopped and gave you a kiss on your cheek.

You gave Iroh all the flowers you found and ran back after Zuko. You found him sitting under a tree, in deep thought. “What’s wrong Zuko?” you asked, Zuko looked up at you with a small smile.

You sat down next to him as he told you about what his uncle said, “So, you want to travel alone, is that it?” you asked, Zuko looked at you, you bowed your head down and clenched your fists. “You said you wouldn’t leave me…” you explained, “I’m taking you with me… we can both capture the Avatar… we can make our own way in the world.” Zuko said, you looked to your left unsure then decided to go with him, “Sure… but, will your uncle understand your decision… I mean, we’re leaving him alone in the forest…” you explained, “I think he will…” Zuko said.

Later Zuko confronted his uncle, “Uncle, I thought a lot about what you said.” Zuko started, “You did? Good, good.” Iroh replied, “It’s helped me realize something. We no longer have anything to gain by traveling together.” Zuko went straight to the point, “We need to find out own way.” Zuko said. He walked over and picked up both yours and his bag.

“Wait!” Iroh called, you two looked back as he brought the osterige horse a long with him, and you both got on. You smiled at Iroh as Zuko rode forward.