Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

New Life

You were all walking around your new home looking for stuff for the new house, Iroh walked up with a bunch of flowers in a pot, “Wow… their so pretty.” You smiled, “I just want our new place to look nice.” Iroh smiled, “This city is a prison, I don’t want to make a life here.” Zuko said, “Life happens wherever you are whether you make it or not, now come on I found us some new jobs and we start this afternoon.” Iroh explained, “Where are we working?” you asked, “At a tea shop.” Iroh smiled, “Great!” you smiled.

You all went to your new jobs and put some robes on, “Well, you certainly look like official tea servers, how do you feel?” the manager asked, “ridiculous…” Zuko muttered, “I feel great,” you smiled, “Er, does this possibly come in a larger size?” Iroh asked, “I have extra string in the back, have some tea while you wait.” The manager said, he all handed you some tea, Iroh taken a sip and his face looked disgusted, “This tea is nothing more then hot leaf juice.” Iroh complained, “Uncle, that what all tea is.” Zuko said, “How could a member of my own family say something so horrible, we’ll have to make some major changes around here.” Iroh taken the kettle and thrown the tea out of the window.

That night Zuko was lying on the sofa and you were sitting on the floor while stroking Kara, “Would you like a pot of tea?” Iroh asked, you sighed, “We’ve been working in a tea shop all day I’m sick of tea.” Zuko said, “Same here” you waved, Kara squawked then flew out of the room, and you walked over to the window and leaned on the ledge. “Sick of tea, that’s like being sick of breathing.” Iroh explained.

“Have you seen our spark rocks to heat up the water?” Iroh asked, he walked out of the room, you heard moving behind you until two arms snaked around your waist. You leaned back and smiled, “I borrowed out neighbors, such kind people.” Iroh walked back in and lit the rocks. You smiled and leaned on Zuko as he held you close to his body.

~FF~
You were serving the next night cleaning up one table as the door was kicked down, “I’m sick and tired of waiting, these two men are Fire benders.” Jet stormed in, you looked at him shocked then glared, “I know there fire benders, I saw the old man heating his tea,” Jet said, “He works in a tea shop,” one man said, “He’s a fire bender I’m telling you,” Jet snapped, “Prove it.” You put your hands on your hips, Jet glared at you.

The hook of his blade grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards Jet as he put his blades to your throat, “Drop your blades boy, nice and easy.” A guard stood up, “You’ll have to save this girl, then everyone will know, go ahead show them what you can do.” Jet held the blade at your neck.

Zuko stepped forward and pulled out two blades from the guards, “You want a show, I’ll give you a show.” Zuko said, Jet pushed you away behind him and ran at Zuko. They both started to fight one another, Zuko jumped on a table as Jet sliced it in half, Zuko balanced on it until both sides were smashed away, Jet walked back towards you as they continued to fight.

The fight continued outside, you stood by Iroh as their swords clashed, “Please son your confused you don’t know what your doing!” Iroh yelled, Jet jumped back onto a well as you ran next to Zuko, “You see that the Fire Nation is trying to silence me! It will never happen!” Jet snapped, he jumped at Zuko and they started to fight again, Jet was kicked back as some Earth Kingdom guards appeared, “Drop your weapons,” they said, “Arrest them, their Fire Nation.” Jet said, “This poor boy is confused, we’re just simple refugees.” Iroh said, “This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees.” Your manager explained, “It’s true sir we saw the whole thing, this crazy kid attacked the finest tea maker in the city.” A guard spoke, “Ah, that’s very sweet.” Iroh smiled.

“Come with us son,” the Earth Kingdom guards said, they put rocks on his wrists behind his back to restrain him, “You don’t understand, their Fire Nation, you have to believe me!” Jet called, Zuko walked over to you, “Are you okay?” Zuko asked, “Yea…” you nodded.

~FF~
One day at the teashop you were cleaning a table when you noticed a girl sitting in the corner. You walked over to the counter, “Don’t look now but there is a girl sitting at the corner table, I think she knows were Fire Nation.” Zuko explained, Iroh looked back, “Your right, I’ve seen that girl in here quite a lot seems to me she has quite a little crush on you.” Iroh suggested, you coughed, “I’m right here,” you snapped with your hands on your hips.

You put the cups away as the girl walked over, “Thank you for the tea.” The girl smiled, you glared at her sideways, Zuko could tell you were annoyed, “What’s your name?” the girl asked, you inhaled then exhaled slowly trying to calm yourself, “My names Lee, my uncle, and my girlfriend just moved here.” Zuko turned around, “Oh, your girlfriend?” the girl said, “Yes his girlfriend…” you stepped forward, with your eye twitching a little, “Well thank you for the tea.” She smiled then walked out of the shop, you were tense until the door closed.

“You were jealous then weren’t you?” Zuko asked, “Of course I was you idiot, she was going to ask you on a date, it was written all over her face and plus I’m your girlfriend, of course I’m going to be annoyed when girls come on to you.” You snapped and turned around.

Later that night you were lying on your bed relaxing from the hard day at work, “Hey Xia…” Zuko walked inside, you sat up and smiled, “Yes.” You replied as he sat down on your bed, “Want to walk around town for a while?” Zuko asked, you smiled, “Sure”

You dressed up in a nice Earth Kingdom dress and put your hair in one high ponytail and left two bangs falling down either side of your face.

You walked out of your room, Zuko looked back at you and smiled, “See you later Uncle.” Zuko said, “Have a nice night you two.” Iroh smiled, you waved as you held onto Zuko’s arm.

“So what’s with the night out?” you asked, “Just thought we needed some us time. And you look beautiful.” Zuko smiled, you returned the smile and rested your head on Zuko’s shoulder, “So… where are we going?” you asked, “get something to eat and then see where we head.” Zuko explained, you nodded as you both stopped to get something to eat.

You finished eating, and smiled at Zuko as he taken your hand across the table, “Would you and your girlfriend like some dessert?” a man asked, “No, we’re fine.” Zuko said, you smiled as Zuko paid and you both started to walk around town again.

You both walked around town for a while until you come up to a small river, Zuko taken your hand and you faced him, he moved in towards you as your lips met.

You wrapped your arms around Zuko’s neck as he slipped his arms around your waist. Zuko’s tongue begged for entrance and you granted easily as your tongues danced and fought for dominance.

You pulled back gasping for air as did Zuko a while later, “I love you Xia…” Zuko whispered, “I love you too… Zuko…” you smiled.

You both went home that night and slept together holding on to each other.

~FF~
Your new life in Ba Sing Se was going great, you loved every minute of it. You cleaned up a table as three men started talking to Iroh; you looked through the back curtain towards Zuko, “Tss… Zuko…” you whispered, he looked up, “Come here…” you beckoned him, “What?” he asked and you both listened to what the men had to say.

“Good tea is its own reward.” Iroh smiled, “But, it doesn’t have to be the only reward, how would you like to have your own teashop?” the man asked, you and Zuko looked at each other, you smiled and listened to what Iroh had to say, “My own teashop?” Iroh asked half in shock, “This is a dream come true.” Iroh smiled, “What’s going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?” your manager asked, “Sorry Poa but that’s business for you am I right?” the man smiled, “Mushi, if you stay I’ll make you assistant manager, wait senior assistant manager.” Poa said, “I’ll provide you with a new apartment in the upper ring, the Teashop is yours to do whatever you want, complete creative freedom.” The rich man smiled, “I even get to name the shop?” Iroh asked, “Of course,” the man smiled, you cleaned up another table with a small smile on your face, “senior executive assistant manager?” Poa suggested, Iroh gave the teapot to Poa and bowed towards the rich man.

“Did you hear that nephew, Jia Li? This man wants to give us our own teashop in the upper ring of the city.” Iroh smiled, “That’s right you two, your lives are about to change for the better.” The rich man smiled, “I’ll try to contain my joy.” Zuko said and walked out of the teashop, you stood there annoyed at Zuko for being so mean and then smiled at Iroh. You ran over to him and gave him a hug, “I’m so happy!” you smiled, “Can’t wait!” you grinned, “Great!” Iroh smiled.

Later on you and Iroh started packing to move to your new house, Zuko opened the door, “So we were thinking about names for my new teashop, we both come up with the Jasmine Dragon, well Xia suggested it because I like Jasmine tea so much and my nickname was Dragon of the West. It’s dramatic, poetic and has a nice ring to it.” Iroh smiled.

Zuko pulled out a piece of paper, “The Avatar is here in Ba Sing Se, and he’s lost his Bison.” Zuko explained, you gripped onto the table and gritted your teeth, you wanted to get away from all of that, but Zuko still wanted to stick with it.

“We have a chance for a new life here, if you start stirring up trouble we could lose all the good things that are happening for us.” Iroh explained, “Good things that are happening for you, have you ever thought that I want more from life then a nice apartment and a job serving tea?” Zuko asked, “There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity, I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life and why?” Iroh said, “I want my destiny,” Zuko replied, “What that means is up to you,” Iroh said, “But just don’t screw it up.” You snapped.

Zuko looked at you then walked off, “The Tea weevil…” Iroh suddenly said, you looked at Iroh confused, “That is weird…” you said, “It’s stupid…” Iroh shook his head.

Later on Zuko went out, “Where is Zuko?” Iroh asked, you went into his room and looked through his things seeing that the Blue Spirit mask was missing and so was his swords. “He’s gone to find the Bison…” you stood up, “I’ve had it!” you yelled and kicked the wall, “Calm down Xia…” Iroh said, “No! I’ve had it with all this Avatar stuff! I just want to live a life where we don’t have to worry about it any more… I’m fed up of it…” you explained, “I hate it!” you kicked the wall again, “Let’s go find Zuko…” Iroh said, you sighed deeply and nodded.

~FF~
You two eventually found where Zuko was, Iroh opened a door, you both walked in as Zuko readied his blades to attack you two, but he dropped his guard when he saw you both, “Uncle? Xia?” he asked, “So, the blue spirit, I wonder who could be behind that mask?” Iroh asked, Zuko sighed and removed the mask, “What are you doing here?” Zuko asked, “We were going to ask you the same thing.” You snapped, “What do you plan to do now that you’ve found the Avatar’s Bison? Keep it locked in our new apartment? Should I go put on a pot of tea for him?” Iroh asked.

“First I have to get it out of here…” Zuko explained, “Then what! You never think these things through!” you yelled, Zuko looked at you shocked, “This is exactly what happened when you captured the Avatar at the North Pole, you had him and then you had nowhere to go!” Iroh yelled, “I would have figured something out!” Zuko explained, “No, if his friends hadn’t found you, you would have frozen to death.” Iroh yelled, “I know my own destiny uncle.” Zuko said, “How can you! You can’t see into the future! Nobody can, we make our own destiny. But it seems like yours has been made by somebody else!” you yelled, “Stop it Xia! I have to do this!” Zuko said, “We’re begging you Prince Zuko, its time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big questions. Who are you? And what do you want?” Iroh explained.

Zuko freed the Bison from the shackles with your help, “It’s okay now, your free.” You stroked the Bison’s head, he roared and licked you, you laughed a little and then you all made your way to the surface.

“You did the right thing nephew.” Iroh smiled, Zuko looked at the blue mask, “Leave it behind,” Iroh said, Zuko thrown it into the water, “Let’s get back home.” You smiled, “Xia…” Zuko said, you looked back at him, “I’m sorry about today, I promise I’ll change.” Zuko said, “Don’t change to much,” you smiled.