Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

This is Personal

You all found a big pond to swim in, where you were relaxing in the pool. You dove in and popped back up from under, you stood up and wrung the water out. You saw Aang slide down a small whole in the wall, you looked back at the others and saw Sokka was starring at you, “What?” you asked, “Nothing…” he blushed a little and looked away.

You turned around and hugged yourself, “Please don’t like me…” you muttered.

-Zuko’s POV-
Our parents sent us to Ember Island for a week vacation, but it wasn’t much of a vacation. The party we went to was crap and Xia wasn’t around any more. I felt empty, and the worst thing was May kept flirting with me. I don’t like her, she’s so emotionless, where as Xia… she’s hard to read but still has emotions and expresses herself completely different from anyone else.

I still love her, and I’m angry at myself for losing her I wish she wouldn’t have gone with the Avatar’s friend, I wish she’d come home with me.

I hate this!

I walked into my old house on Ember Island where me and my parents use to go when me and my sister were younger, life was so much more easy.

~Xia’s POV~
You were laying down playing with the dirt with your finger just making circles softly, “Guys your all gonna think I’m crazy but it feels like a metal man is coming.” Toph sat up, the man on top of the hill had a metal arm and leg.

He attacked with a beam from his forehead, you all jumped out of the way as Toph attacked but he blasted through that, then Aang attacked, then Katara sent a wave at him but he defended from that also and made a huge fog.

“How can we defeat a man that blows stuff up with his mind?” Sokka asked, you noticed his hair was down, it kinda suited him. “We can, you guys get on Appa. I’ll distract him.” Aang said and ran off, “Your hair suits you down…” you said, Sokka looked at you and his cheeks tinged a little, “Thanks…” he said, “your welcome…” you replied smiling sheepishly.

You all got on Appa and took off. You saw Aang jump into the air with a rock suit on, he landed in the back where Katara caught him. “Well that was random…” Toph said, “I don’t think so…” you said, “I’ve got a feeling he knows who we are.” Katara said, “I have the same feeling…” you agreed and looked out towards where Aang jumped.

~FF~
You were all flying on Appa, “There it is that’s Roku’s home.” Aang said.

You all landed on the floor, “But there’s nothing here…” Katara said, Toph landed on the floor, “Yes there is, an entire village hundreds of houses all completely buried in ash…” Toph said.

Later on Aang found a place to sit at and he sat down on and meditated, “How long does this usually take?” you asked, “Depends…” Katara replied, “Well… what are we going to do while we wait?” you asked.

Later that night you all saw Aang stand up and then he looked rather… relieved. “Do they have bathrooms in the spirit world?” Katara asked, “Never been there.” You said, “As a matter of fact they do not.” Sokka said.

“I’m bored…” you sat on the floor and flicked a rock away from you, “Don’t you think we all are?” Toph asked. You sighed and leaned back on the ground.

The next morning Aang woken up from his meditating and told you the entire story about Roku and Sozen, “You mean after all Roku and Sozen went through together even after Roku showed him mercy Sozen betrayed him like that?” Katara asked, “It’s like these people are born bad…” Toph said, “Hey, I’m part Fire Nation…” you said, “Well your part Water Tribe too…” Toph said, “But I still have a good heart either way…” you explained, “No that’s wrong. I don’t think that was the point of what Roku showed me at all.” Aang replied to what Toph said, “Then what was the point?” Sokka asked, “Roku was just as much Fire Nation as Sozen was right? If anything there’s story proves anybody is capable of great good and great evil, everyone. Even the Fire Lord and the Fire Nation have to be treated like they’re worth giving a chance. And I also think it was about friendships,” Aang explained, “Do you really think friendships can last more then one lifetime?” Toph asked, Aang stood between you and Toph and taken your hands, “I don’t see why not?” Aang asked, “Well scientifically speaking there’s no way to prove that-” “Oh Sokka just hold hands!” Katara snapped and held her hand out.

You all held hands and looked out towards the ocean, “In my opinion, this is just my opinion but the Fire Lord should be destroyed.” You scowled, “What did he do to make you hate him more than the whole world put together?” Toph asked, “How do you know I hate the Fire Lord so much that I want to rip him to shreds and destroy every molecule of his body?” you asked, “Well I wasn’t getting that detail but why? And your hate is really strong…” Toph replied, “He killed my father…” you replied and looked away hugging yourself.

“He killed my entire family… as you know my father was a Water bender, he married my mother after they fell in love, then they had me and my older brother Shen. My brother left to fight in the war when I was 5 because he was 18 and then my father was killed because he was a Water Bender living in the Fire Nation, and because my father was killed my mother eventually went crazy and tried to kill me but killed herself. When my grandmother taken me in a year later she died from a disease, and then I was alone in the world for the rest of my life until I met Zuko and Iroh then they gave me a home then I met you guys and you know the story from their…” you explained, “Wow… and I thought my life sucks…” Toph said, “Be glad that all of your families are still alive… I highly doubt my brother is alive any more…” you said and looked at the others. “The Fire Lord killed my family… personally… so this is personal.” You scowled.