Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Day of Black Sun Pt. 1 - The Invasion

Today was the day of the invasion; you changed into a new outfit, you looked over the cliff and saw a huge fog coming over, you looked out closer as the others noticed the fog, you were a little distance away so couldn’t hear what they were all saying. You saw 5 boats appear out of the fog. You smiled and climbed down the cliff with the others to meet everyone.

You looked around at all the people as you Katara, Sokka and Toph were talking, “Hi Katara,” a voice said, you all looked around at a handsome young man walking over to you, your cheeks tinged a little pink, “Haru, its so good to see you!” Katara smiled and gave him a hug, “Toph, Xia, this is Haru, when we met him his town was controlled by the Fire Nation so he had to hide his earth bending,” Aang explained, “Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village.” Haru smiled, Katara’s cheeks tinged a little pink, “You helped us find our courage Katara, now we’re here to help you,” Haru’s father walked over.

“No way, is that?” Toph looked around at a huge man which picked her up, “Should I be scared?” you asked, “I don’t think we’ve officially met.” Haru stood by you, your cheeks tinged as you turned to him, “No we haven’t… I’m Xia, I’m a water bender slash fire bender… though I’ve lost my fire bending…” you explained, “A fire bender? How did you get with the Avatar then if you’re from the Fire Nation?” Haru asked, “They did enough to my family to make me hate them and run away plus I use to travel with some Fire Nation soldiers and the banished prince until I decided to leave them and help the Avatar with learning to Fire Bend… but… I’ve lost my bending so I’m kinda screwed…” you explained, “Well whatever the Fire Nation did to your family I’m sorry to hear it,” Haru said, “Please don’t be sorry, I don’t really need any comforting… because I’ve made a new family with this lot.” You smiled and looked at Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph.

There was an explosion and Sokka, Aang and Hakoda went to look at what happened, “I’m going to get myself ready for the invasion…” you said, “Sure,” Haru said, “You could help me sharpen my blades it you want?” you asked, “okay,” Haru smiled.

You were caressing a rock against the edge of Kasai as Haru was doing the same to Mizu, “These are unique swords…” Haru said, “Yea… I was given to them from my swords master Shen; he was also my brother… before the Fire Nation taken him away to fight in the war… I haven’t seen my brother for 11 years now…” you stopped, “It must be hard, having no family left…” Haru said, “It was at first, but I gotten use to the world and moved on and like I said earlier, I have a new family now.” You smiled, “The sword you are holding is called Mizu, which means water, and the sword I have is Kasai, which means Fire… they are both opposite elements that cannot work very well together, but these duel swords work amazingly well… like my bending. When it works…” you explained.

Later on your were sitting next to Toph as Sokka was going up to make his speech, “Good morning everyone!” Sokka said and fell over, “Ouch…” you muttered, “Um, so as you know today we’re invading the Fire Nation, I mean I know you know that because why else would you be here… well anyway,” Sokka dropped the maps, you could tell he was clearly nervous. “The Fire Lords palace if here… no, er wait, wait, it’s here and er… there’s an eclipse today and Aang’s going to fight the Fire Lord, and the Fire benders won’t have any fire to use. So that’s good for us, and… um… I’m sorry let me start at the beginning…” Sokka bowed his head down. “Katara and I discovered Aang frozen in an ice burg now I didn’t like Aang at first but I grew to love him over time then we went to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang use to live…” Sokka carried on, “Wow… when he says beginning he means the beginning…” Katara muttered, “He’s just nervous…” you whispered down the line.

You looked out towards everyone and saw Haru was looking at you, you waved a little and he smiled, your cheeks tinged a deep red as you looked away.

“Thanks Sokka, its okay,” Hakoda said, Sokka walked off the platform as you walked around to where Sokka sat down, “It’s okay…” you whispered Sokka just nodded as his father explained the plan to invade the Fire Nation. You could tell that Sokka was upset about messing up; you held his hand to reassure him that everything was fine.

After the talk everyone cheered and gotten ready to fight, you stretched and bended a lot of water into the 4 pouches you had either side of you.

-Zuko’s POV-
Today was the day I was going to leave and help the Aang learn Fire bending, of course I know that Xia would have taught him the basics already… but I want to help… I know now it is my destiny.

I’ve been lost without Xia this whole time, I don’t know what to do without her, and I just hope nobody else has come along to take her away from me… I just hope… she still loves me.

~Xia’s POV~
You were on the boat with Katara as you approached the Fire Nation statue, “There they are the great gates of Azulon.” Bato said, “Katara, Xia, you and the swamp benders whip up a fog cover,” Hakoda said, “We’ll sneak by those statues like we sneak by that Fire Navy blockade.” Tho said.

You three all bended together and created the fog, “Keep it up were almost through,” Hakoda said, you suddenly heard an alarm go off and a net raised out of the water and set on fire. You were shocked, “Everyone below deck!” a water Tribe man yelled, and you all went under water and into the underwater boats that were hidden below.

You, Katara and the other benders were making the boats move.

You all resurfaced to get ready for the fight; you stretched on top and flexed your muscles, “Hey Xia…” Haru stood next to you, “Hi…” you smiled, “You ready for this?” Haru asked, “I’m always ready for anything.” You smiled, “I mean this.” Haru kissed your lips; you moved back quickly, “We’ve only just met Haru…” you gasped, “I know… I just think you’re really beautiful, and your voice is so enticing,” Haru said, you smiled and gave him a quick kiss again, “I’m sorry but I already love someone, but… if it doesn’t work out… then you might have a shot,” you said, “I didn’t know,” Haru said, “It’s okay, like I just said, we’ve only just met, give it time… I don’t like rushing things…” you smiled.

You saw Aang and the others talking, “Guess we’re having a little pep talk… I’ll be right back,” you smiled at Haru and ran over to the others, “Not leaving me out are you?” you smiled, they all smiled at you and brought you into the group hug, “Let’s show these Fire Nation bums who’s boss!” you cheered.

“Everybody listen up, the next time we resurface it will be on the beaches so stay alert and fight smart, now break times over back in the subs!” Hakoda explained, “Let’s go.” You smiled, and went below deck; you were going to help on the ground while Katara was meant to be on the air.

You all went back underwater, you were bending the water around you to move the sub and move closer, as the Fire Nation sent chains to capture the boats you moved the sub out of the way, “Xia we need you on torpedo’s.” A water Tribe’s men called, “Right!” you yelled and ran to the front as the torpedo was readied, “Launch!” you heard Hakoda’s voice and you pushed it forward as the torpedo exploded on the caged wall.

You ran down to where the Earth benders were and you stood next to Haru, “you ready?” you asked, “I’m always ready.” Haru smirked you laughed a little and shook a little as the boats landed, the front opened and the light shined on.

You all moved forward and ran out on to the battlefield. You stayed besides Haru as bombs went off. Tanks appeared on the field and you carried on forward. You ran towards a tank and jumped on the top, you slipped in the front part and taken out the two men inside, you opened the hatch and jumped onto the next one. You did the same and jumped out. You jumped onto the next one and tried to jump inside. “Xia!” Haru called, you looked back as a soldier opened the lid, you blocked his fire attack with your blades and knocked him out of the way, you kicked the other in the head as Sokka landed on the ground with Appa.

“Listen up everyone I want the tanks in wedge formation! Warriors and benders in the middle! Xia you know where you should be right, we talked about this earlier! We’re taking that tower and heading for the royal palace!” Sokka looked at you, you smiled and put your thumb up then jumped onto the front tank looking back at the sea. You lifted your hands towards the ocean as a huge wave of water lifted in the air, “Charge!” Sokka yelled, you pulled the wave towards you and thrown it in front of Sokka pushing back all of the tanks and the fire benders.

+Toph’s POV+
I suddenly felt a rumble pass us by, “What is that?” I asked, “Xia just made a huge wave push all the tanks and Fire Nation soldiers back… she’s really strong.” Haru spoke next to me, “Xia rules!” I cheered, “Thanks Toph!” I heard Xia; I could feel Haru’s heartbeat quicken a moment then return to normal.

~Xia’s POV~
You all made your way to the gates and blasted them down and charged through.

You ran forward and pushed most of the Fire benders back with your water whips and pushed them out of the way. “Come on!” you cheered and ran forward towards more tanks taking them out also.

“We’re on our way to victory!” Bato yelled.