Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Sozin's Comet Pt. 2 - The Old Masters

“Hey, I remember her, she helped you two attack us!” Sokka said, “Yep, back in the good old days…” Zuko said and walked forward, “Oh great its Prince Pouty and Miss Slutty… where’s your creepy grandpa?” June asked, Zuko scowled at June, “He’s my uncle, he’s not here and don’t call Xia a slut,” Zuko growled, “I see you worked things out with your girlfriend,” June said, “She’s not my girlfriend, Xia is…” Zuko said, “I’m not his girlfriend,” Katara snapped.

“Ok, okay, shesh, I was only teasing, and I guess you two finally got together… anyway, so what do you want?” June asked, “I need your help finding the Avatar,” Zuko replied, “Hm, doesn’t sound too fun…” June taken a drink, “Does the end of the world sound like more fun?” Zuko snapped.

You all went outside to June’s Sheersho, “Nila,” June thrown a pieced of meat towards it as Nila ate the meat, “Who’s my little snuffly woofly… oo… careful there,” June stopped Nila from flicking her tongue out, “Okay, so who’s go t something with the Avatar’s scent on it?” June asked, “I have Aang’s staff…” Katara suggested and jumped off Appa’s back.

Nila sniffed the staff then walked around for a while until she lay down on the ground and pattered her own nose. “Well what does that mean?” Zuko asked, “Mean’s you friends gone…” June said, “We know he’s gone and that’s why we’re trying to find him,” Toph said, “No, I mean he’s gone, gone. He doesn’t exist.” June replied.

“What do you mean Aang doesn’t exist? Do you mean he’s you know… dead?” Sokka asked, “Nope, we could find him if he we’re dead. Well, it’s a real head scratcher, see ya,” June said, “Helpful, real helpful,” Toph said.

“Wait, I have another Idea, there’s only one other person in this world who can help us face the Fire Lord. I’ll be right back with a smell sample,” Zuko said.

He brought out his uncles sandal…

“You saved your uncles sweaty sandal?” Sokka asked, “I think it’s kinda sweet,” Toph said as she Sheersho taken a sniff. “Let’s do this,” June said as you all ran back to Appa as she rode away, “Hey, wait up!” Zuko called.

You followed them for a while until you come to the wall of Ba Sing Se, “We’re going to Ba Sing Se?” Zuko asked, “Your uncles somewhere beyond the wall, Nila’s getting twitchy so he can’t be to far, good luck,” June said and rode off, “It’s been a long day let’s camp again and begin our search again at dawn,” Zuko suggested.

You all went to bed as you lay down under the stars. Zuko lay next to you and pulled you close for the night, you held onto each other in a loving embrace.

You were all woken up when you were surrounded by flames then saw a few old people standing up top, “Well look who’s here,” an old man laughed.

“What’s going on we’re surrounded by old people?” Toph asked, “Not just any old people, these are great masters and friends of ours, Pakku,” Katara bowed to man on the far left, “It is respectful to bow to an old master but how about a hug for your new grandfather,” Pakku smiled, “that’s so exciting. You and Gran, Gran must be so happy to have found each other again.” Katara hugged Pakku, “I made her a new betrothal necklace, and everything,” Paku smiled, “Welcome to the family Gramp, Gramp,” Sokka hugged him, “You can still just call me Pakku,” Pakku pushed him off, “How about Gramp Pakku?” Sokka asked, “Nope.” Pakku replied.

“This was Aang’s first Fire bending teacher,” Katara pointed to the man next to Pakku, “Jeong Jeong,” Jeong Jeong bowed as you did the same. “Master Piandao,” Sokka bowed to his old master, “Hello Sokka,” Piandao bowed.

“So wait, how do you all know each other?” Suki asked, “All old people know each other don’t you know that,” the man at the end laughed, “we’re all part of the same ancient secret society, a group that transcends the divisions of the four nations,” Piandao explained, “The Order of the White Lotus,” you and Zuko spoke together, “That’s the one,” the crazy man said.

“The White Lotus has always been about philosophy and beauty and truth, but about a month ago a call went out that we were needed for something important,” Jeong Jeong explained, “It came from a Grand Lotus, your uncle, Iroh of the Fire Nation,” Pakku said, “Well that’s who we’re looking for,” Toph smiled, “Then we’ll take you to him,” Piandao smiled.

“Wait, someone’s missing from your group, someone very important… where’s Momo?” the crazy man asked, “He’s gone, and so is Aang,” Sokka replied, “That’s okay then, so long as they have each other, let’s go,” the old man jumped away. “That guy is one head case…” you muttered, Zuko nodded.

“So, Bumi, how did you escape your imprisonment in Omashu?” Sokka asked, “Escape? I didn’t escape. Everybody else escaped. There I was back in Omashu waiting for just the right moment, I didn’t know what or when, but I knew I’d know it when I knew it.” Bumi explained, he told you about taking his city back when the Solar Eclipse was on.

“Wow you took back your whole city all by yourself,” Suki smiled, “So what about you guys, did you do anything interesting on the day of the eclipse?” Bumi asked, “Nah…” Zuko replied, “No, not really…” Sokka added.

You all finally arrived at the camp, “Well here we are, welcome to old people camp,” Bumi said as you all walked inside.

“Where… where is he?” Zuko asked, “Your uncles in there Prince Zuko,” Piandao pointed to the tent ahead, Zuko looked away for a moment until you taken his hand in support, Zuko looked at you and smiled a little then pulled you forward with him.

Zuko sat down outside Iroh’s tent, “Are you okay?” Katara walked over, you knelt down besides Zuko, “No, I’m not okay, my uncle hates me I know it. He loved me and supported me in everyway he could, and I still turned against him, how can I even face him?” Zuko asked, “Zuko, I forgiven you when you left me on that same day, I know that Iroh will forgive you Zuko… he will know that your sorry. Trust me.” You smiled, Zuko nodded and walked inside, “He’s gonna be fine…” you smiled, Katara nodded as you sat down outside the tent all night waiting for Zuko.

You fell asleep leaning on the wooden pole during the night until you felt someone shaking you awake, “Jack… wake up…” you opened your eyes and saw Iroh standing in front of you, “Iroh?” you muttered, he smiled and nodded, “Uncle Iroh!” you smiled and jumped at him, giving him a hug, “Oh, Jack! I didn’t realize you’d miss me this much,” Iroh smiled and returned the hug, “I did miss you, a lot… I missed our constant talks about Zuko… well… taking the mic out of Zuko should I say,” you joked Iroh laughed, “Those were your jokes Xia not mine…” Iroh said, “What jokes?” Zuko asked, “Erm… Hey Katara!” you waved and ran over to her. Iroh just laughed as Zuko was a little confused.

“Uncle you’re the only person other then the Avatar who can possibly defeat the Father Lord,” Zuko said, “The Fire Lord Zuko…” you and Toph said, “that’s what I just said,” Zuko replied, you looked at him confused as did Toph, Iroh didn’t look like he liked that idea, “We need you to come with us,” Zuko said, “No Zuko, it won’t turn out well,” Iroh said, “You can beat him, and we’ll be there to help,” Zuko said, “Even if I did defeat Ozai and I don’t know that I could it would be the wrong way to end the way. History will see it as just more senseless violence a brother killing a brother to grab power, the only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord,” Iroh said.

“And then, then would you come and take your rightful place on the throne?” Zuko asked, “No, someone new must take the throne and idealist with a pure heart and unquestionable honor, it has to be you Prince Zuko,” Iroh said, you and Zuko were shocked but you smiled all the same, “Unquestionable honor? But I’ve made so many mistakes…” Zuko said, “Yes, you have. You struggled, you suffered, but you have always followed your own path, you restored your own honor and only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation,” Iroh explained, “I’ll try uncle…” Zuko replied.

“Well… what if Aang doesn’t come back?” Toph asked, “Sozin’s comet is arriving, and our destinies are upon us, Aang will face the Fire Lord. When I was a boy I had a vision that I would one day take Ba Sing Se, only now do I see that my destiny is to take it back from the Fire Nation so the Earth Kingdom can be free again.” Iroh explained, “That’s why you’re gathering all the members of the White Lotus,” Suki said, “Yes,” Iroh replied.

Zuko you must return to the Fire Nation so that when the Fire Lord falls you can assume the throne and restore peace and order. But Azula will be there waiting for you,” Iroh looked at Zuko, “I can handle Azula,” Zuko said, “Not alone, you’ll need help,” Iroh said, “Your right, Xia?” Zuko looked at you, “You don’t have to ask me twice, I was going to go with you even if you didn’t ask me…” you smirked, “Katara? How would you like to help us put Azula in her place?” Zuko looked at her, “It would be my pleasure,” Katara smirked.

“What about us? What’s our destiny today?” Sokka asked, “What do you think it is?” Iroh asked, “I think, even though we don’t know where Aang is, we need to do everything we can to stop the airship fleet,” Sokka smirked, “And that means when Aang does face the Fire Lord we’ll be right there if he needs us,” Toph smirked.

You, Zuko and Katara got on Appa ready to leave as did the other three, “So if I’m going to be Fire Lord after the war is over. What are you going to do?” Zuko asked his uncle, “After I re-conquer Ba Sing Se, I’m going to re-conquer my tea shop, and I’m going to play Pai Sho everyday,” Iroh smiled, you grinned.

You all looked at each other, “Goodbye General Iroh,” Katara said, “goodbye everyone, today destiny is our friend, I know it,” Iroh said.

You all took off to the Fire Nation as the others went to the air ship fleet. You were flying on Appa as the comet appeared a while later.

“Zuko don’t worry, we can take Azula,” Katara said, “I’m not worried about her, I’m worried about Aang, what if he doesn’t have the guts to take out my father? What if he loses?” Zuko asked, “Aang won’t lose, he’s gonna come back, he has to,” Katara looked away.