Sand in Your Shoes

SUMMER NIGHTS;

Something must have come over us and we just couldn’t figure out what it was. Kennedy and I simply could not stop kissing. And I don’t mean making out in the hotel room, getting down and dirty. It was like, we were sitting at a diner, eating dinner and we’d look up at each other then peck. After that we’d laugh and go back to our conversations. But it just kept occurring.

Each kiss was different, some were soft, others hard. Some holding more passion, some holding lust, some just seemed friendly. We were just addicted to each other like we were some sort of drug. Each time we’d always end the kiss with a giggle.

“I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun, no wonder why so many people go on road trips,” I added to our conversations. Kennedy nodded, silently agreeing. We went on, gabbing about college and music and other things that might seem useless to others, but something to us. Like our love for Burger King chicken fries. Or all the dislikes we shared. Even the times when we got bored, we were having a fun time.

The clock read 6:08 PM. Kennedy was in the bathroom showering, leaving me to watch whatever the hotel TV decided to show me. At the moment, it was America’s Next Top Model… and I was okay with that. I knew that what we were doing was fucking with me. I can’t just go around kissing someone over and over; I’m just not that type of girl. I was looking for something, yet I knew I couldn’t. This was summer, after these months, I’ll be off in college and Kennedy will be off playing all across the country. I sighed, my stomach sinking and I began tearing. I wasn’t good at hiding my emotions. Too bad, Kennedy was standing in the doorway. He rushed over, his towel hanging loosely on hips. He held onto it as he sat on the bed. He leaned over, his strong arms wrapping onto me as I felt the beads of water. He pulled me into his chest and stroked my hair, humming in my ear.

“Penny?” he asked gently and I sniffled, my face laying flat on his warm, wet, heaving chest.

“I want to go back, now, Kenny. I don’t like running from things anymore.”

He smiled and nodded, “Checkout is in the morning. We’ll leave tomorrow.”

I leaned in for one small last kiss. I needed it, it was like our goodbye to this road trip. But things never work out like that. Things lead to other things. Things on top of things. Him on top of me. It was so close, the towel had long ago disappeared and my pants were gone. Just a few pieces of clothing left. But he sat up, grabbed the towel and speed walked into the bathroom. I stared at the closed door for a moment, coming down from my emotional high. What the fuck was that? I sighed, pushing my auburn hair with my fingertips. I bit my lip and waited. I waited and waited. Maybe he had a problem with his ‘little friend’? After an hour or two, I just turned over and closed my eyes. At around midnight, I heard the door open. It was like a little creak in the quiet night. My eyes opened, but luckily I was facing the other way. I heard the bed creak and Kennedy was muttering things.

“You couldn’t do it, you fucking idiot,” his voice was low and angry, but I heard him loud and clear. I hardly breathed. “You love her, even if you’ve known her for two weeks, and she was ready to have sex with you. You are so stupid. Just tell her, you’re a virgin.”

I smiled and then went to sleep.

( & )

When I woke up, my bag was already packed for me and set on my bed. Kennedy’s bag was on the end of his bed and his body was sitting on the corner of the bed, with his head in his hands. I sat up, ran my fingers through my hair once. I stood up and sat beside him. I lifted his chin and he looked so hollow and sad. This isn’t how our road trip is supposed to end. I kissed him deeply and he moved his hand to the side of my head.

“It’s okay, Kennedy. I didn’t know.”

“You heard me?” he asked, looking embarrassed. Our faces were so close that our noses touch and we merely had to breathe our words for us to hear each other. He kissed me lightly.

“Yes,” I smiled, “And Kennedy, I love you too. And I know we don’t know a lot about each other. But who cares? We’ll learn about each other.” The smile on his face was so big, I thought it would never leave his face. “And I want to have sex with you, right here, right now.” The look of shock on his face made me laugh. I stood up, smirking, “Kennedy Brock, I want to fuck you.” I walked over to the window, opening the balcony door. I walked out, looking around at the people below. I opened my mouth wide and screamed, “Kennedy Brock, I want to fu-“

His hands gripped around my waist and caught me by surprise.

“Alright, alright,” he laughed. He kissed me deeply, pulling me back inside.

“So, is that a yes?” I smirked and he laughed, while nodding his head. I grinned and pushed him hard onto the bed. He looked surprised before smiling. I locked the balcony door and took off my shirt, making myself trip so that I could hear Kennedy laughing really hard. I thought it would be best to make him laugh, it takes the nerves away. I started doing the cotton eyed joe as I took off my pants, which ended in disaster.

“I think I really do love you though,” Kennedy smiled as he helped me off the floor. I blushed, suddenly realizing that I was completely naked now. I stood before him and stood on the tips of my toes so I could kiss his nose.

“I really do love you though too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter.

I have a confession.
I don't really like the maine anymore.
like music wise. csws songs make me angry.