Status: Active

Live without Warning

Written All Over Our Faces

Image
Thank you so much to La-Idiot for the amazing banner. I love it. It's so different and flashy, but of course, it's sexy.

'STUFF YOU NEED TO DO TODAY:

1. Get the boys and myself our morning breakfast and coffees
2. Pay the costs of new equipment and instruments on-line
3. Take a break
4. Get us our lunch
5. Whatever has to be done around the studio'


I stared blankly at the notepad on my desk. I was too tired to sink in the words that were written in front of me. I had never been in to work so early in my life; the reason being was because Scott wanted to put as much time in the new Green Day album as possible, so he scheduled the studio to be opened earlier on weekdays and closed later on weekends.

I groaned as I took my seat behind my desk on the big rotating chair. The fact that it was still dark as night outside didn't help me neither. You would figure at 6am the sun would be out, but not until daylight savings time comes around will that happen again.

I looked redundantly at the pictures, furniture, and patterns engraved on the walls in the room. I was stirring up a blank as to why I was the only person there in the studio. I could understand Green Day being late as the rockers usually are, but why was Scott not in?

I sighed as I picked up the phone to call my - very UNreliable -brother / boss.

"Hello?" he yawned.

I stared blankly at what was in front of me: a filing cabinet that was attached to my desk. Very tiredly and without any motivation, I said, "You have got to be kidding me... " I actually wanted to yell at him for not being here, but the fact that my brain was not awake yet made it very hard to show true emotion, "You wanted me here by six, and here I am, but there was an agreement that you would be here too!"

There was a short pause as I could hear shuffling and sounds of covers being thrown around; "Oh... wow... it is after six."

I rolled my eyes, "No shit, Sherlock. When will you be here?"

He yawned, "Give me a hour. Are the guys there?"

I slammed my head against the back of the chair, "A hour?" I groaned, "No and probably won't show up for another--"

The door to the studio opened and there walked in three very tired looking men, all dragging themselves in the room.

"Um... scratch that, they're here."

"Wait, they're-"

I hung up the phone right before he could go on. I got up from my chair and walked away from my desk; "Hey guys," I said with a smile - I had to look a little alive.

As if on cue, they all yawned as they looked up from the floor.

Seriously? Conjoined by the head much?

I looked back and forth at the tired looking men as they all looked up and put their attention on my tired face.

Billie smiled lazily and yawned again, "Hello."

"No need to get me coffee, I brought my own," Mike smiled, taking a sip from his thermos.

I laughed lightly, "Thanks, that's one thing I don't have to wake up to do." I looked over at Tre who was standing with his eyes closed and head hanging. I blinked as I stared at his sleeping body, "Is that possible?"

Billie and Mike both looked over at Tre and chuckled, "With Tre, anything is possible," said Billie before slapping Tre quickly on the arm.

Tre let out a muffled snore before waking up and coming back into reality. He looked around at the room and everyone in it in a confused matter for a few seconds. He scrunched his eyebrows at me, "Why are you in my room?"

I let out a laugh as I shifted my eyes awkwardly around the room.

"We're recording this morning, Tre," Mike chuckled.

Tre rolled his eyes and then looked out the big window, "It's still dark outside, this is so not fair!"

I sighed, "Actually, it's more unfair that you guys are here but the person writing and recording with you has just woke up only two minutes ago."

They stared at me with annoyed expressions, but after a few seconds of awkward tension, Billie spoke, "Okay, all four of us are going to Apple Bee's for breakfast - it's on me."

****

"Hey, A, you can go now if you want," said Scott as him, Mike, and Tre came out into the lobby to grab something from out of Tre's vehicle that most likely had to do with his drums.

Yes, 'A' is me. It's what Scott usually calls me when he's in a hurry or just feeling lazy. I know, it's such a hustle to call me by my full name and not lose that half second it takes to pronounce the 'utumn' part.

I looked up from the book I was reading 'Misery by Stephen King'. There really isn't much to do in secretary work when every thing's filed, paid, stocked, stored, and when everyone's happy and not bothering you to do things. So to pass the time, I usually buy a book from the bookstore down the street.

"What? Now? I still have a hour and a half," I reminded him as I watched Mike and Tre talking to each other at his vehicle through the big windows. I looked back up at Scott, "What's going on?"

He smiled a little tiredly, "It's taking forever just to sort out some of Billie's lyrics because he has so many of them," he sighed tiredly, "I say it's gonna take a few months just to put the lyrics and music together."

I blinked; this was one reason I enjoyed being the secretary, all I had to worry about was paying off debts and making sure everyone was happy and organized. I paused, "So why do you want me to leave early?"

"Sorry, I must have left the thinga-ma-bopper at home or something," said Tre as he and Mike entered the studio again, "I think, maybe, Ramona took it thinking it was something to play with."

I looked at the slouching and tired looking men who had just entered. When I had met Tre's eyes momentarily, he wiggled his eyebrows with a small smirk. My lips formed a small smile as I looked back at Scott, waiting for his answer to my question.

Scott looked disappointed that Tre couldn't find the thing that they needed but said kindly, "Okay, another time then. For now, we still have lots of sorting and writing to do."

"It's a lot of fun being with Billie when he's stressing about what he wrote years ago and trying to figure out what he was going through when he wrote it," Mike said in an upbeat voice. He had such an amazing speaking voice, because it was full of expression. If he wanted to, he could be an announcer for sports or be a news anchor just because of the expression and tone that was in his voice.

Tre grinned calmly, "I can't wait until the day Billie's old and he's looking through some of his lyrics, asking 'What is this?' with his lips pulled over his gums because he has no teeth," he said the quotation with a distressed look on his face and an old man voice.

We all looked over at him for a second with a questionable look written all over our faces but we soon laughed.

"I better go check on the Worry Rock," said Mike as he chuckled back down the hallway into Recording Room 8.

"Anyway..." Scott began, getting back to his previous tired mood, "I'm letting you off early since I fucked up this morning and came in late."

I smiled, "Really? Well... I guess it's okay now since you're letting me off."

"Score," said Tre smoothly, "I wish I was your little sister," he said to Scott, "because then you'd let me off early."

I smiled at what he said and at Scott's expression at him, "When I depend on you to control Billie, you are not leaving early," he laughed a bit.

Tre still had a smile on his face as he shrugged in response to Scott, "Yea, I guess I'm pretty good at that."

"You!" Scott said with a smile as he turned towards me, "You're off, so be off!"

I beamed, "Thanks, Scott." I put my book in my bag and stood up, making sure that I had my house keys with me.

"You got a ride?" asked Tre unexpectedly.

Scott answered before I could, "Tre, we got stuff to do, I'm sure she'll be fine." With that being said, he walked back down the hallway that led into their recording room.

I flung my bag over my shoulder as I watched Scott walk off, and then I shifted my attention back on Tre, "No, but I usually walk home."

He immediately looked shocked, "It's almost midnight; In Oakland, a pretty girl like yourself can not walk the streets alone."

Actually, I have to walk down an abandoned path alone.

I blushed that he called me pretty, but I didn't want to show him that I was flattered. I shook my head, "Seriously, I'm fine. I've been walking home at about this time ever since I started."

"And you're still alive?" his eyes were wide with shock.

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, not knowing what to say. However, I was quite flattered by his concern about my safety.

He quickly changed his expression and grabbed his car keys out of his pocket, "I'm driving you. I can't have you walking home alone on my conscience."

My eyes went a little wide with shock to how much he was concerned, but I still didn't want to give in do to the fact that I'm pretty stubborn and independent, "Tre, honestly, thanks so much, but I would rather walk."

He didn't hesitate, "Fine then, I'll walk with you," he said as if that was the final answer.

"TRE! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE! WE NEED HELP CONTROLLING BILLIE!" came Mike's voice from their recording room.

After hearing him, I watched Tre for an answer to what he was going to do. I was hoping he would go back to recording, because I don't like being too much of a hustle. However, I honestly wouldn't mind him walking with me.

He sighed defeated, "Fine, but when you get home, I want you to call me," he pulled over my hand and grabbed a pen that was dangling out my bag.

I was kind of shocked but also amused as I stared at him writing his number down on my hand; "Okay... I will," I said slowly.

He looked up at me and smiled, "Glad we had this little conversation." He started to walk towards the hallway to leave me to go home.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, "Yes, it's been a pleasure," I commented as I watched him leave.

Before he was out of sight, he swiftly turned around and grinned, "If you think that was a pleasure, you haven't experienced anything yet," he winked before turning the corner.

My eyes went wide and my face turned bright red from the heat going all through my body. He did not just say that! My heart was in a flutter and I was definitely feeling over-heated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and banners, please