My Nearly immortal life

A rude awakening and a polite breakfast

Chapter #4: A Rude Awakening And A Polite Breakfast
I woke up to the sound of giggling children, the sensation of two pairs of feet jumping on the bed, the rattle of an opening pull-down curtain, and the glare of the Gemini 3 sunrise on my face.
“Wake up Noah, wake up for breakfast.” They laughed.
“It’s the first time in five thousand years I’ve been woken up by children.” I thought to myself. I walked down stairs, still in pajamas, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, the kids ran down the flight of stairs with speed and energy beyond my current ability.
“Race you Noah!” Conner shouted, speeding past me.
“Nah I’ll pass…” I yawned still quite drowsy. I walked into the dining room to the smell of eggs and bacon. After a delightful meal I returned to my room to change into my clothes. Halfway changed, pulling my pants over my knees, and shirtless. Someone knocked on my door.
“Hold on I’m not decent!” I shouted through the door. After I quickly finished dressing I opened the door to be face to face with Mrs. Adamson.
“Oh hi Mrs. A.” I said with a smile.
“Hello Noah, I trust you enjoyed your breakfast?” she asked with the same dimpled smile as the night before.
“Absolutely, Beatrice is a wonderful cook.” I answered.
“Glad you liked it,” she replied, “I wanted to ask you if you would like to go shopping with Sarah and I.”
“I’d be happy to, I don’t have much else to do around here.” I shrugged
“Good, good we’ll be leaving in ten minutes.” She nodded. We arrived at a huge super mall, consisting of many different stores, shops, and vendors. As I had feared Sarah and Mrs. Adamson were headed strait for the women’s clothing department. Fearing for my dignity and self-respect, I asked,
“Can we meet at the large water fountain back by the entrance?” I asked.
“Sure just be there by 1:30.” Mrs. A replied.
“Ok I’ve got my own spending money.” I said.
“See you then Noah.” Sarah said, waving.