Life Is Beautiful

012 .

Today was a quiet peaceful day in the Henry household. You would never guess that there were four people upstairs in the basement cooking, cleaning, speaking, laughing.
But if you could see the inside of the basement, you would see young Rebecca reciting English words over and over trying to program them in her mind.
Her mother Adalinda watched from the corner where she was sweeping with curious eyes.
"Is that really necessary?" Adalinda asked Rebecca, curiously.
Rebecca looked up from her English textbook and back at her mother.
"Yes. My english needs to perfect."
Adalinda smiled and moved over to her daughter, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Your english is just fine." Adalinda smiled down at her daughter and recieved a small back from Rebecca.

Adalinda moved back to the other side of the room and resumed her housework.
She was two months pregnant now, already showing a tiny bump you could only see if her stomach was bare.
Rebecca was taking as much care for her mother as needed.
She looked back up at her mother and sighed.
She knew Adalinda was too much of a workaholic when it come to working around the house.
Rebecca shut her book and stood up from her chair.
She would study later, before dinner.
"Mummy, go relax. I'll clean around here while you and the baby go rest." She took the broom from her mothers hands and gently nudged her over to her room.
"Rebecca darling, I'm fine." Adalinda shook her head and rejected her daughters offer.
Rebecca stood her guard but nudged her mother once more.
"I'm serious mother. You need rest. Go take a nap for the rest of the afternoon."
She smiled at her mother sweetly, hoping she would listen.
Adalinda smiled after a few seconds of silence and nodded, giving up.
"Oh alright."
Adalinda kissed her daughters forehead and smiled at her before walking into her room for an afternoon nap.
Rebecca picked up the broom and began sweeping around.

~~~

David Straughten threw the bloody bandages into the waste basket by his foot and picked up a clean new one.
He gently dripped some antibiotic liquid onto Franks wound and flinched when he heard Frank groan in pain.
"Are you alright?" David asked in his thick German accent.
He like Rebecca at first, knew little English but was getting better lately.
He had been sneaking a few reads from her textbook whenever she wasn't looking...
Frank was surprised at Davids use of language but nonetheless nodded and held in the groan of pain.
After his fresh bandage was placed on his side, David sat Frank up against the wall and smiled over at him.
"Would you like to join us for dinner tonight?" David asked Frank. He had gotten that sentence directly from the textbook.
Frank looked up at David and smiled for the first time since he saw Rebecca that morning.
"Yes, I'd like that." He replied and grinned to himself when David left the room.

David walked into the family area where the kitchen and living room was setup.
"Rebecca?" He called out when he saw her dusting the cabinet.
"Yes daddy?" She turned and politely responded to her father.
"Frank will be joining us for dinner tonight. Wear something nice, it's his first dinner with us."
Rebecca nodded, "Of course."
David smiled, "Now, where is your mother?"
"In your bedroom, she's resting."
He nodded and walked over to the kitchen table, sneaking a peak at the textbook when Rebecca continued with her cleaning.

Rebecca was ecstatic that Frank would be joining them for dinner tonight.
She could finally have a real conversation with him and perhaps her parents would see how wonderful he was.
She grinned to herself and internally squealed many times.
She would make tonight special for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took way too long for me to update.
My apologies, :-[