Sequel: Living to Die
Status: RE-WRITING Updating every Wednesday and Saturday Summer 2015

Clairvoyant Disease

Push Away

Flashback

I went out with Issa, Zachy, Brian, Michelle, Jimmy and Lea. We went to Boulevard 3 on Sunset Blvd and were having a decent time, everyone dancing, everyone drinking… it was a normal night for all of us. I went to the side alley of the club with Zacky and Brian to smoke, always the slowest one, when they were done I still had half of my Djarum Black cigarette to smoke. After some much arguing and bribing I convinced them to go back inside with the rest. I had this idea that I could take anybody down, that I was practically invincible and in my somewhat naïve mind, no body could really be out hurt someone just out of meer fun. I was about to have the newsflash of a lifetime. The small crowd at entrance of the alley had disperesed after being denied entry at the club, the end of the alley was a diferent story.

Standing out there, in that lonely dark alley, I realized that the stories were most certently true, they are dark and very dangerous. As I looked to my right side were the street light shone bright and people still walked around, a huge hand grabbed my hair before the tall man dressed in a dark shirt and matching jeans threw me against the brick wall;

"help!" I screamed but there was no one there "please don't, I-I'll give you money-anything you want just don't hurt me!" I pleaded but it was useless, he pinned my knees to the wall with his' and held my hands over my head with one of his huge hands, his other hand slipped under my dress and pulled on the thin lace of my thong.

"no-help!" I screamed as loud as I could but streets were crowded and noisy and the sound of the music was even blaring outside so I knew no one would hear me;

In a quick swift move he unzipped his pants enough to get out. I tried to look at his face but the same arm that was holding my hands out of the way he used to press my head sideway against the wall. I tried my best to defend myself but it was useless, no amount of kicking or struggling to keep my legs tightly shut could compare to his massive strength and as fast as he had trapped me, he pressed his body against mine, holding my body practically off the floor and spreading my legs with his own; he entered me and I screamed in pain and humiliation. How can he get a thrill out of this? My attitude, though, wouldn't let him win, I spit at his face after he groaned in pleasure and slightly released the pressure on my head enough for me to turn it towards him. He pulled my hands off the wall before slamming them hard against the bricks making sure to hurt them. He pulled back a little before ramming into me once again. I screamed one last time before taking a deep breath and going mute; this is already happening I might as well deal with it the best way I can, I relaxed.

I let him kiss my neck and bare shoulders, crying silently hoping that if I let him finish he would leave and cause no more harm and I'd be able to go to the hospital and be done with the physical trauma. Unfortunately, that train of thought didn't last long, once he made the mistake of kissing my lips, I fought back; holding the need to thrown up after tasting the alcohol in his mouth, I bit his tongue hard enough for his blood to spill into my mouth. Once he pulled back I butt-headed him and took that chance and ran to the door of the club. Before I could get in he grabbed my hair and slammed me into the cold unforgiving floor.

"you were doing so fine, you little whore! Why'd you have to ruin it?" he growled. I could finally see some of his features, like a scar above his lip and dark almond shaped eyes. He seemed a bit over forty and had a receding hairline. That was as much as I could see before he started using my face as a punching bag, driving his massive knuckles into my eyes with the meaning of shutting them closed. He stood over my hurt body and I could barely see him hide himself back in his pants when he started circling my body and stumping down on it. Everywhere he could lay his massive working boot he did.

The door of the club flew open revealing my saviors: Zackary James Baker and Brian Elwin Haner Jr. The man ran away before Bri or Zacky could get him, but they didn't run after him either, they were just too worried about me to think about that. They asked over and over if I was okay, but I didn't say a word, the shock of the situation had me really mute, my life would change from this moment on and I didn't believe I was strong enough to live with fear every single day. Brian picked me up as Zacky ran inside to tell the others what had happened. Bri hurried me into his car and softly placed me on the back seat then sped out and right to the E.R.

I couldn't stop crying, it was too much, they took X-Rays of my entire body, all female doctors and nurses, the last thing I needed to see was a man staring down at me! They took a rape kit and gave me a morning after pill, I couldn't stop shaking and crying, my life was going to change drastically from now on, my freedom was over, I would only live in fear watching over my shoulder every given second of my life, I just knew it because at the first sound of loud noises the machine that monitored my pressure started beeping uncontrollably and I could feel myself hyperventilating. A woman was arguing outside of the door, I could hear her clearly denying entrance to someone.

"she's in no position to see anyone!" she said as the tears involuntarily left my eyes, I wanted to run, I wanted to hide, could he possibly find me, there's no way, there's no actual way!

"I need to see her!" a raspy voice filled the room before the door swung open revealing the one person I thought I wouldn't see but I was more than happy to;

"Matt," I called for him already spreading my arms as he quickly closed the space between us taking me into a warm and secure embrace. I felt safe for the first time in the past few hours and I didn't want to let go;

"Little Bee, what happened, who did this to you?" he asked pulling back to look into my eyes;

"I-I don't know," I said between sobs;

"nothing like this will ever happen again, I promise, I won't let anything happen to you," he said softly wiping the tears off my face with his thumbs;

"that's the man, get him out!" a nurse demanded to two big security guards, they closed in on Matt and he quickly stood back fronting them and hiding me behind him;

"no, let him stay!" I wrapped my sore arms around his waist, crying loudly as I hid my face into his back. The door opened again but I was still hiding myself from the sight of the men in front of us. I heard the voice of my Psychologist, Stephanie Miller, roar at them;

"leave him alone," she said firmly;

"but doctor, he violated the center rules by barging in," the nurse said, I finally looked at them, panting uncontrollably, Matt turned around and held me kissing the top of my head repeatedly.

"he might have, but this is the first time since she got her four hours ago that she's spoken…" the doctor said before motioning for the men to leave the room, "you will al leave immediately," she barked at the nurse and the security guards, "hi Carla, you seem to be feeling better," she was standing in front of us but I was still holding onto Matt for dear life, practically ignoring her.

"Bee?" I sobbed softly and nodded;

"would you like to introduce me to your friend?" her condescending tone made my stomach turn but I might as well deal with it, she's the one that's gonna help me get through this;

"um.. this is Matt, Matt this is Dr. Miller," I said softly, almost a whisper. This is so much harder than I thought it would be in a thousand years, she stretched her hand towards Matt and he shook it before placing it on my back;

"nice to meet you, Matt," she smiled flirtatiously at him, it was obvious she was checking him out, which of course was so unprofessional, but I had to deal with this one way or the other. He stood closely by my side as if to let her know that it was about me, not about him. In the obscene amount of words that she spoke in a couple of minutes, she told me I would be staying overnight to see if I had internal bleeding, and to see if I was emotionally stable to leave. She told me as well that a police officer, specialized in the sexual abuse cases would be there early in the morning to question me.

"I advice that he stays with you tonight, you need someone that gives you a safety feeling, someone that you trust, that way you'll recover faster from this traumatic experience," she said pointing at Matt, I wouldn't expect him to say, I mean our relationship is sour enough for him to just want to leave me alone;

"um, yeah... I'll stay," he ran his fingers through my hair, I looked up at him, the crying had seized and my swollen eyes were at a point that I could barely even see him anymore, but even like that he noticed that I was questioning him, he waved the doctor goodbye before turning to me;

"Matt, you don't have to stay, I'll be fine," I spoke softly, the crying and the previous screaming had my voice destroyed;

"look Carlee, I've hurt you one too many times. Let me stay with you tonight and keep you safe. I, I never thought I had to, you've always been so strong, I just never thought anything like this could've ever happen. I'm always going to be here for you even if it is to argue with you just as long as you're safe, I'll be here," he said with teary eyes, why is he being like this? He's treated me like crap for so long now, ever since he started dating Val we've been against each other. That is the real problem between us, a tiny blond who's so jealous of me she can't even be in my presence, wonder how she's taking that it's almost 3 in the morning and Matt is here with me instead of in their home with her;

"what about Val, won't she need you home?" I silently prayed he wouldn't snap at me;

"Val is fine with her sister, you in the other hand are here and hurt and I'm not leaving you. If she doesn't like it she's going to have to deal with it or leave. I always put her before you and I was wrong, so very wrong, it's ridiculous,"

"what do you mean?" he stared at me for a moment before sighing and shaking his head;

"it's a long sad story, that I don't want to get into right now. All I want to do now is help you get some rest and watch over you," he said and kissed the top of my head "I'm gonna tell everyone to leave, cuz they're not going to be able to see you 'till tomorrow, okay?" he said and I nodded softly. He turned around but one step away I already felt weak, so I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me again wrapping my bruised arms around his shoulders. I cried freely into his chest as his hands ran up and down my back.

"how can anyone get a thrill out of inflicting pain, Matt? How can someone be so sadistic and sick to do something like this? even drunk, it's too much!" I cried as he held me tightly against his muscular body;

"I don't know, Bee, people are weird, some are sick like that. I don't know what would drive someone to do something like this," he said into my hair, his speech someone muffled by that but I could clearly hear in his voice that he was as well crying;

Up until now, Matt and I had gone from an almost sibling kind of friendship to the worst relationship two human beings could ever have, these past years had been full of insults, humiliation, blood and bruises. I never looked at Matt any other way than a good friend many years ago to my worst enemy until a few minutes ago, now everything is different, he's protecting me, but not in a way a brother would, his words, his touches tell me so much more, or maybe that's what my subconscious wants to believe;

"look at me," he said bringing my head up "I'm sorry for hurting you, I never thought anything like this could've ever happened, if I had known, I would've been with you 24/7. I promised to keep you safe and I failed but it won't ever happen again," his hands laid gently on both sides of my neck;

You see, three years ago, my father passed away, just a few months after a stroke that left the whole left side of his body paralyzed. When he felt like the end was near, he asked Matt to keep me safe, he said I was too stubborn to see bad things happening in front of my face, so Matt promised to always keep an eye out for me, even with the horrible relationship we had then, he always tried to protect me, he always did his best to talk me out of the stupid shit I wanted to do, but being as stubborn as I am, I always pushed him away and we would always end up in an argument.

"you didn't fail, you always tried and I pushed you away," I looked down at shiny white floor before my face was pulled up by him. Staring into what was left open of my eyes he closed the gap between our faces and kissed my hurt lips gently;

I took a deep breath, definitely shocked, before pecking his lips back. Our first kiss ever! How is this happening? How am I letting it happen? And why the hell am I enjoying it so much? Why is my heart racing out of control and the hairs of my body rising like this? All those questions filled my mind in a matter of seconds, but I still kissed back, I placed my hands on his neck as he continued placing soft tender kisses on my lips. He slowly pulled away and took my face in his hands;

"please, don't push me away anymore," I nodded in a daze;

"I won't..." his phone went off breaking me short. He pulled back slightly before slipping his hand into his pocket and bringing out his phone;

"gimme a sec," he said before answering it and putting it to his ear. "hello? (pause) um.. yeah, I was about to call you guys," I pulled him closer, I needed him closer, like my own personal armor "you can leave if you want, you won't be able to see Carlee until the morning, I'm gonna be staying with her," I heard him swallow hard and watched his face as in contorted in anger "I'm sure she won't, not that I actualy care," he groaned lowly "Brian, it's a long fucking story! It's 3am and I want to help Carlee get some rest, can you just drop it? fine, here," he handed me his phone;

"hello?"

"hey girly, you okay? What did they tell you?" Brian's desperate though fakely calmed voice came through the speaker;

"well I have 4 broken ribs, bruised retina, split lip and my wrist is fractured,"

"fuck Carlee, I'm sorry, I should've stayed with you,"
I was angered by the single thought of him blaming himself;

"BroBro, it's not your fault, yanno I'm stubborn, I would've made you leave even if I had to beat you up to do so,"

"maybe I could've convinced you, I dunno,"

"Bri, please stop. I don't even want to talk about what happened, actually I don't even want to think about it, can we talk tomorrow, please?"
he sighed;

"sure, I'll be, ow, I'm sorry, we'll be here first thing in the morning,"

"okay, I'll see you then,"


Just when I was about to close the phone it beeped indicating another call, I looked at it: Val, it flashed. I handed the phone to Matt who just looked at it for a second before closing it;

"Matt, don't, call her back, because at the end of it all, she is your girlfriend and you have a responsibility with her, if you don't want to anymore then end it but until you do, pick up her calls," though barely audible, I was firm about it and he just stared blankly into my eyes before his phone rang again, he looked down at it before picking it up;

"hello? Val, Val, Valary shut the fuck up!" he spoke roughly which startled me a bit "I'm sorry," he said to me before wrapping his muscly arm around my neck, a weight of guilt fell upon my shoulders, she's his girlfriend, I'm not, not even close! "Val, you know you fucked up, we both know you did so don't expect any sympathy out of me, now I'm gone for the night or for a few nights, I dunno what's gonna happen from now on," he continued, I wondered what she had done so bad for him to stop caring, he was always so loving with her, even if she didn't deserve it, "bye Valary," he said before closing his phone;

I would never find out what she did. The morning after that Matt was still with me, about a month later he broke up with Val, she packed up all her shit and moved with some guy to New York. Nobody saw her since. Matt and I kept a good relationship for a few more months, we did kiss a few more times but never went any further, I don't know why but neither of us wanted to go any further.

He gave his house to his sister Amy when she came back from college and got an apartment in Huntington, then got the house in L.A, and I ended up with him, we found each other even closer than before but when I got tired of his whoring ways, I snapped and of course he didn't take it and all went south from that moment on.

The one thing I never did was push him away when he tried to protect me or take care of me in any other way, he made a promise and I was determined to let him keep it.

End Of Flashback