Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 15.

After talking about me and the kids moving in with Brian and Nat, and making sure it wouldn’t be a problem for them, I decided to leave Aiden’s side for a moment, because my boyfriend of 15 years was slowly but surely getting on my nerves.

“Billy? Can I talk to you?” I asked, slowly unclasping my hand from Aiden’s and exiting the room, taking my crutch with me, with Billy hot on my tails.

I closed the door softly behind us and then turned to glare at Billy.

“Would you be kind enough to explain the reason why you’ve been acting this way?” I asked, one hand shoved in my jeans pocket, while the other was holding the crutch and trying not to raise my voice.

“Excuse me?” he asked. I glared at him, I was exhausted, I just wanted a good night of sleep and Billy was getting on my nerves with his new found attitude.

“What were you acting this way when Brian asked me to move in with him?” I asked.

“Did you just hear yourself? How does it sound to you?” he asked looking down at me. I fucking hated when he did that… Looking at me like I was inferior at him.

“What, is it the ‘moving’ part that is stuck up your ass?” I snarled. “I’m not going to fucking marry him, I’m going to crash at his house, okay? It would be like when I was staying at my parents, no difference.” I explained.

Billy rose an eyebrow and laughed,
“Last time I checked, you never ‘slept’ with your parents, right?”

“Oh for God sake, Billy! I’m not going to sleep with Brian! He’s fiancé and I love you. Stop being paranoid! It will be just a way for the kids to spend time with both their parents…” I explained.

“And what about Celia?” he asked.

“I’ll go to L.A three times a week, or maybe more, okay? It will be no different from when I was staying at my parents. You can even come back to HB every night if you want. It’d be cool!” I said, slowly calming down, as I thought we had settled everything.

“Yeah, like a family” he spat.

At that moment, it took me all my might to not slap him across the face. What the hell crawled up his ass and died in a long and painful death?

“Seriously Billy, what’s wrong? Are you jealous or what? Can’t you not trust me?! There’s nothing going on between me and Brian, we are just trying to find a way to make things work, and I’d gladly appreciate some help instead of acting like a drama queen! The last time I fucked Brian was 15 years ago, and it will stay that way. Just get that through your fucking head.” I snapped, then turned around and got back in Aiden’s room. I rested my back against the door, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Are you alright?” asked Brian, looking at me from the chair I was previously sitting on. He was holding Aiden’s hand, Celia was sitting on his lap and had fallen asleep there. Angelina was lying on the other bed, listening to her father’s Ipod, her eyes closed.

“I’m fan-fucking-tastic… It’s not like my boyfriend of 15 years is afraid I’m going to cheat on him and doesn’t trust me, ya know? And it’s not like he’s jealous and he’s a fucking drama queen, and it’s not like my son is in hospital…” I rambled as I kicked off my shoe and got on the bed next to Angelina, throwing my crutch on the floor. “And it’s not like I’m fucking exhausted, and of course, it’s not like I need Billy by my side, no of course not.” I kept rambling as I took off my hoodie and covered my face with it.

Thankfully, Brian didn’t reply. Or if he did, I didn’t hear him.

**

I stirred and stifled a yawn. I felt a weight on my chest and slowly opened my eyes only to see that I was now lying on a double bed, the covers up to my chin. The weight on me was Angelina and Celia both asleep on me. Or so I thought.

“I missed Mummy.” Said Celia, wrapping her small arms around me.

“Amen to that.” Whispered Angelina, doing the same as her sister. I tried not to smile, but it was hard, believe me.

“I’m hungry, but don’t wanna get up.” Mumbled Celia.

I coughed lightly. They both jumped up and starred at me, their eyes wide. I laughed.

“Mum, you scared us!” muttered Angelina, glaring at me. I smiled,

“Well, you were kind of squashing me, ya know!” I said as I sat up and stretched my arms above my head.

“Where are Aiden and Brian?” I asked, yawning.

“Downstairs.” Replied Angelina. That’s when I realized I was in Brian’s bedroom. I vaguely remembered getting out of a car and then ending up on a bed.

“It’s Brian’s room, right?” I asked, running a hand through my hair.

“Yeap, it was the closest room from the stairs, so yeah Dad carried you there.” Explained Angelina, I nodded and then looked at the clock. 5pm.

“Oh my God, no wonder why you’re hungry. We skipped lunch” I said as I threw the covers away and got up. The girls both got up and I managed to make the bed, trying not to stand on my cast. Then all three of us made our way downstairs as quietly as possible. We reached the living room and I told them to be quiet. Brian and Aiden were both asleep on the couch. I smiled and put a finger on my lips as I crept inside the room, leaving my crutch behind. I went over to the stereo and changed the CD. I raised the volume to the maximum and then skipped the song.

“Unholy Confessions” came blasting through the speakers.

Brian fell off the couch and Aiden jumped up. It was with a big grin on my face that I switched off the stereo and walked out of the living room.

“You know Lyn, that wasn’t necessary…” mumbled Brian as he slowly made his way into the kitchen, running a hand through his hair.

I looked at him and started laughing.
“I wish all your fan girls could see you, that would totally kill the myth…” I laughed at his face. He grunted something and started coming closer to me but I held my crutch.

“Nope Gates, stay away from me. And plus, I have an army to defend me.” I said, motioning to my daughters.

“That’s okay, Aiden is on my side.” Said Brian, wrapping his arm around Aiden.

“I’m hungry, who’s cooking?” he asked with a yawn.

“I am.” I said.

“Sorry, Dad…” apologized Aiden as he went to stand by my side. I smiled at Brian.

“That’s not fair!” he mumbled and then knelled down.

“Celia? Do you want ice cream?” he asked.

“Oh nah, not fair! Don’t use the ice cream trick on my daughter.” I said.

“You used the food trick on my son!” he retorted.

We starred at each others for a few seconds before Aiden and Angelina jumped on their father, and tackled him. Celia squealed and sat on his stomach.

“Told you I had an army wrapped around my finger…” I said, smiling down at Brian before I heard the front door opening. Nathalie made her entrance.

“What’s happening here?” she asked, looking at her fiancé lying on the floor with Celia sitting on him and Aiden and Angelina trying to tickle him.
I smiled,

“Oh nothing, Brian tried to tickle me but yeah, they had my back.”I replied.
She chuckled, “Oh yeah, good army.” I nodded.

“We just woke up from a nap, I was about to start making dinner, is there anything special you want?” I asked her.

“Nah, just do as you want” she said with a small smile. “I’m gonna take a shower.”

I nodded and then proceed to take Celia off of Brian. The twins let go of their father and helped him back on his feet.

“You coming Bri?” she asked, a seductive smile on her face.
I blinked, and turned my back to her, walking towards the fridge. I saw Aiden making a disgusted face and I couldn’t blame him. Especially when Brian shot an apologetic smile in my direction and followed Nat upstairs.

“I cannot believe it…” whispered Angelina her eyes wide.

“Whore…” muttered Aiden under his breath as he was sitting on a stool, with Celia on his lap. She smacked his knee.

“Bad word!” she yelled.

“Exactly Celia, bad word. Aiden, you don’t talk like that about your future step mother, okay? You might think it, just don’t say it.” I said and grabbed a bottle of soda. I grabbed four glasses and settled them on the counter before pouring the drink in the glasses and putting the bottle back in the fridge.

I decided to make them pasta. It was easy and I was sure everyone would like it. About 45 minutes later, Brian and Nat both entered the living room, hand in hand.

“Took you long enough…” mumbled Aiden, while flickering through the channels. I nudge him, giving him the ‘shut-your-mouth’ look.

“What are you guys watching?” Nat asked, sitting on the love seat with Brian while we were all sitting on the couch. I was surrounded by my kids, no joke. Aiden was on my right, Angelina on my left and Celia on my lap.

“Like you care…” mumbled Angelina. I nudged her in the ribs.

“Not sure, Aiden kept flickering through the channels, in search of something that worth watching ya know…” I said, smiling faintly. She smiled back with her perfect white teeth, perched on Brian’s lap.

That was going to be one hell of a time, sharing a house with Nat…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter.
Hope you like this one...