Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 29.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“Yes?”

“Dad, do you know where Mum is?” asked Aiden, a worried look on his face.

“No idea, why would I?” Brian asked.

“Because we went to knock on her door to wake her up for the Green Day show and everything, but she wasn’t in her room, and we tried to call her cell but she didn’t pick up…” explained Angelina, just as worried as her brother.

“She probably went for a walk in SF, you know she loves the city…” said Brian, running a hand through his hair. “Where’s Celia?”

“She’s with Cha and Lily.” Explained Aiden. Brian nodded.

“Well, I’m going to get ready and I’ll meet you kids downstairs in a bit, okay?” he asked.

“Sure, see ya Dad.” Replied Aiden and Angelina at the same time.

“Bye kids.” He replied waving at them. He closed the door and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

“Phew, that was close…” he whispered. I opened the bathroom door wider and smiled.

“Indeed…” I said with a nod. Brian just smiled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against his chest as he pressed his lips to my forehead.

“We should probably get ready…” I whispered.

“We should…” he whispered, kissing my neck.
I bit back a moan.

“Come on Brian, we need to get ready! We are going to see Green Day!” I protested, pushing him back a little.
He whined but let me go. I turned around and headed back towards the bathroom only to realise that I was no longer wrapped in the sheets, and Brian was smirking at me, holding the purple sheets by his side.

I rolled my eyes.
“Fine, you can join me!”

He grinned and dropped the sheets on the floor, quickly taking off his boxers he had hurriedly pulled on when the kids had knocked on the door.

This was going to be one hell of a shower…

**

“Mum! Come on!” yelled Aiden, pushing me.

“Hold on! I’m not done with my breakfast!” I said, taking a sip of orange juice.

“Don’t care, you were gone this morning and didn’t picked up your phone and now you appear out of nowhere, smiling brightly. Just hurry up!” muttered Aiden, pacing in the restaurant.

I rolled my eyes and couldn’t help but smile as I caught Brian looking at me.

“Will you stop smiling!” muttered Matt. Val nudged him.

“Leave your sister alone, she can smile all she wants!” she said, rubbing her belly and smiling at me. I only smiled wider.

“You know, I hate it when you smile so much, it reminded me of that time when you decided to tell me that you were going to spend the week end at Brian’s… and that the parents had agreed.” Muttered Matt. I grinned.

“And you were so bummed because she was supposed to stay with you since Val was away on that week end. And you went to Brian’s house and kept ringing the door bell every10 minutes, and also knocking on the goddamn door to make sure they weren’t doing anything…” said Jimmy.

“How would you know?” asked Aiden.

“I was with him. Matt was so mad that his ‘little sister’ was at her boyfriend’s house, and that there was no adults around. You should have seen his face when Lyn opened the front door, holding a baseball bat in her hand…” explained Jimmy, laughing at the end of his sentence.

“She hit him?” asked Aiden.

I chuckled.
“I tried to, but Jimmy stopped me and pushed Matt back in his car and they left us alone for the rest of the day.” I explained, shaking my head while laughing as I remembered that day.

“Or, that day when Matt barged in Lyn’s room and opened the closet because he thought Brian had sneaked in and was now hiding in the closet?” asked Johnny, chuckling.

“Yeah, and it turned out Brian was hiding under the bed…” pointed out Zacky.

I smiled, rubbing my neck awkwardly as Matt starred at me with wide eyes before he glared at Brian.
“Oh come on Uncle Matt! It was years ago!” said Angelina, smiling as Aiden sat back down and looked at Jimmy and Johnny, waiting for them to tell other stories.

“Or, when Lyn went to ‘the spot’ with us and Matt had no idea she was coming with Brian and he threw a fit because she was drunk already?” said Zacky.

“Oh god! I thought Matt was going to kill Brian.” Said Johnny, rubbing his neck. Jimmy just burst out laughing and slammed both hands on the table.

“And remember the day we made Matt believe that Lyn was pregnant and that she had ran off to Las Vegas to get married with Brian when in fact they were only at the grocery store, buying popcorns and beers…” said Johnny.

I glanced at Brian quickly, only to see him laugh along with the others.

“I looked like a fucking moron when I grabbed her left hand and was looking for a ring...” said Matt, shaking his head.

“The food fight!” yelled Jimmy. “Do you guys remember the food fight we had in Papa Gates’ kitchen… With the flour, the sodas and everything? ” he asked.

“Lyn started it…” said Val, smiling.

I lowered my head in shame, did they really needed to say all those things while the kids were around?

“Or the time when Lyn…” I placed my hand over Matt’s mouth and glared at the others.

“Thanks, but that’s enough now. We need to go.” I said, getting up. Brian mimicked my actions and the twins groaned.

“Come on Mum, it was fun.” Whined Aiden.

“Or not. Come on, let’s go.” I said. They both sighed but followed us. I waved at everyone and tried my best to keep my arms by my side as I was walking next to Brian towards the lobby, and outside.

We did not rent a car or called a cab or whatever, we decided to be normal for once, or as normal as we could get and walked to the venue that was just a few blocks away and decided to wait in line for the show. We were early, but that was the point! I wanted to wait hours until they would open the doors and let us in. We were going to be right in front of the stage.

“Mum, did you ever take part in a food fight at school?” asked Aiden.

“Huh…” I trailed off, rubbing my neck awkwardly.

“Yeap, she did. But Jimmy caused it.” Said Brian.
I glared at him and he just shrugged, smiling.

“Thanks Brian, I was supposed to keep my dignity or whatever…” I muttered, I didn’t have any valuable arguments. “Why don’t you ask questions about your father?” I asked, tightening my grip on Celia’s hand as she wanted to go to the shop on the other side of the street but the cars were driving fast and it was too early for ice creams.

“Because we know Dad wasn’t a saint. We watched ‘All Excess’ hundreds of times.” Said Aiden. “But we know nothing about you or what you did at school and stuff…” he added.

“Oh I could tell you hundreds of stuff your mother did at school, or with her friends, or what she did with the guys and Val…” said Brian with his trademark smirk.

“Watch out Gates…” I warned him. “Don’t mess with me.” I said, narrowing my eyes.

“And what are you going to do Sanders, huh?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh believe me, you don’t wanna know.” I said, smiling. Brian got the hint.

“Your mother is the nicest person walking this earth and I worship the ground she’s walking on.” Said Brian.

Both Aiden and Angelina tried to prevent themselves from laughing.

“And of course, I love her to death…!” he added and I stopped smiling. Wondering whether he was being serious or was just fooling around. I turned to look at him but he pretended to be interested in something else that was on the other side of the road…

“Billie Joe Armstrong!”

My head snapped in the direction both Brian and Aiden were looking at, my eyes wide and I was ready to cross the street.

I tried to see him but couldn’t, that’s when they both cracked up and started laughing hysterically. I rolled my eyes.

“Hahaha…” I said, and then fake a laugh. “You’re so funny.” I muttered and pouted. Angelina, linked arms with me and glared at the boys from over her shoulder.

“Fucktards…” she muttered before sticking her tongue out at them and kept on walking. I smiled. This was how it was supposed to be, me, the kids and Brian.

**

“It’s going to start! It’s going to start! It’s going to fucking start!!!” I screamed, jumping up and down. We were standing in front of the stage, I was stuck between the barrier and Brian with the twins on my left and Celia up on Brian’s shoulders.

“We know Mum, calm down!” said Aiden, grabbing me by the shoulders and making me stop jumping.

Suddenly, all lights were out. I squealed as the lights went back on and Tré Cool, Mike Dirnt, Jason White, Jason Freeze, Ronnie Blake and Billie Joe made their way on stage. I grabbed Brian’s hand that was resting on my shoulder and squeezed it tight.

They started off with ‘Know Your Enemy’. Aiden was shouting the words and jumping up and down, along with Angelina, their arms linked together. It was so awesome, I just couldn’t quite realize I was at a Green Day show, my favourite band ever, in SF, one of the best city ever, with my kids and Brian.

“Are you alright?” I shouted at Brian as the song ended and the crowd cheered as Billie Joe started talking.

“Fine, you?” he shouted back.

I just grinned and looked at the stage again.
They played several of their best-known songs, like: Christian’s Inferno, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Jesus of Suburbia, Static Age, Hitchin’ a Ride, Brain Stew, Longview, King for a Day, 21 guns, Holiday, American Idiot, Wake me up when September ends, and When I Come Around.

“Alright everyone,” spoke BJ in the mike. I just beamed at him, seeing him standing right in front of me. “Does anyone know how to play guitar?” he asked. People started shouting and screaming. Next thing I know, Billie Joe is looking down at me, smiling and I realised that both Aiden and Angelina were holding my hand up in the air.

“You know how to play?” he spoke. I just couldn’t answer.

“Yeah she does!” screamed Brian from behind me. I felt myself being lifted up and next thing I know, I’m up on stage in front 20, 000 screaming people.

“What’s your name?” asked BJ.

“Adeline.” I managed to say, my heart pounding in my chest.

“You look familiar…” he said. I just smiled.

“I’m in a band…” I started but was cut off by Billie Joe.

“Perfect Nightmare, right? I should have known, I went to your show yesterday with my sons. They love your music.” He said with a smile and then handed me his guitar. I felt my cheeks go warm as I put the strap over my shoulder.

“You know how to play ‘Basket Case’ I suppose?” BJ asked, I nodded, unable to form coherent words at the moment. He smiled, “Let’s go then.”

And I started playing. Billie Joe stood next to me and held the mike between us so we could both sing the song.

The song was over before I had time to blink.

“Ladies and gentleman, Adeline Sanders, lead singer of ‘Perfect Nightmare’, my sons’ favourite band!” BJ said and then hugged me and I ended up in the crowd once again, with Aiden and Angelina talking to me, and smiling.

I couldn’t understand a word they were saying as I was too focussed on Billie Joe as he was thanking everyone for coming.

“Hey, Mum don’t cry… It’s alright!” said Aiden, wrapping his arms around me.

“Aiden, can you carry your sister for a moment?” asked Brian and next thing I know, Celia is up on Aiden’s back, and I’m trapped in Brian’s strong arms as tears kept rolling down my cheeks and soaking his T-shirt.

“An other turning point, a fork stuck in the road…”

I let out a sob and wrapped my arms around Brian, not wanting to let go. I had no idea why I was crying, whether it was the fact that I was happy to be here, or the fact that I had just sang one of my favourite song with my idol, or that I was just crying for the hell of it. Nerves…

The walk back to the hotel was a complete blur, I vaguely remember signing a few autographs for some kids, and then I said Good Night to Aiden, Angelina and Celia and I lay down on a bed and fell asleep.

**

I let out a happy sigh and yawned, stretching my arms and legs. I just had the best dream ever. I went to a Green Day show and went on stage to sing Basket Case with Billie Joe fucking Armstrong. I smiled and rolled over on my back.

It took me less than a second to realize that I wasn’t in bed anymore but that I was falling.

‘THUD’

“Lyn, are you alright?” shouted Matt. I blinked. What the fuck was he doing in my room? I sat up and looked at my surrounding, realizing that I was in the middle of the bunk area, I had just fallen off Brian’s bunk.

“Where are we?” I asked, before yawning.

“Somewhere between SF and our next destination.” Said my brother as he held out his hand and helped me back on my feet.

“How did I get there?” I asked, rubbing my neck.

“Brian carried you there when we left the hotel, he didn’t want to wake you up.” He explained. I nodded sleepily.

“Why are you the only one in the bus, where is everyone else?” I asked.

“Everyone is outside, having breakfast and/or smoking… and running around. Well, the kids are the only ones who are supposed to be running around, but Jimmy decided to join them, so…”

I shook my head and smiled.
“I’m starving…” I said and then looked at my outfit to see that I was in my PJs. “I’m going to take a quick shower, I’ll be right back.” I said and then disappeared into the bathroom.

I closed the door that leaded to the bunk area and proceeded to get dressed as Matt was waiting for me in the lounge area.

I grabbed a pair of clean underwear and matching bra, I put on some jeans before I rummaged through Brian’s duffel bag and grabbed one of his V-neck T-shirt and his hoodie. I put some flip flops on my feet and opened the door. Matt was sitting there. He looked at me from head to toes and then focussed on my face for a few seconds.

“What?” I asked, amused.

“Nothing… It’s just weird to see you wearing Brian’s clothes again. And the fact that the both of you are always smiling… It’s just, weird…” said Matt, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

I smiled.
“We are best friends Matt, I can wear his clothes.” I said and headed towards the front of the bus but Matt grabbed my arm.

“Listen Adeline, you are my sister and I love you.” He said, I smiled and pinched his cheek.

“I love you too Matthew.” I said, he smiled but then went all serious.

“You know, as the big brother, it’s my job to look after you…” he started.

“Matt, I’m all grown up!”

“What I’m trying to say is that you’ve been happier hanging as friend with Brian than you’ve ever been with Billy…” he said, and I crossed my arms over my chest. “And I’m not even talking about Brian… He has changed considerably since the tour started and it’s been like what, two days? I don’t know what’s going on between you and Brian, whether it’s purely platonic between you two of if there’s more than friendship…”

I opened my mouth to say something.

“I don’t want to know Lyn, it’s your life. Let’s just put it simply: dumb the ugly Bikly and marry the awesome man whose bunk you slept in this morning…”

I cracked up and I had to hold my sides as I was laughing so much.
“Bikly?”

Matt smiled and rubbed his neck, “What? I just don’t like him… I had to find a stupid nickname for him…” he trailed off. I smiled and hugged him.

“Thanks Matt.”

“No, I’m serious Lyn. Billy is just a jealous bastard. I know you love him and all the crap, but Brian loves you too. And Brian and you are meant for each others.”

“It’s not that easy Matt, there’s Celia…” I said, pulling away from the hug.

“But there are Aiden and Angelina.” He said, smiled and then squeezed my shoulder.

I don’t love you, like I did yesterday…

I frowned, that was my cell phone ringing. Billy’s ringtone. Don’t ask, ask the kids… They were the one to choose the ringtone.

“Your phone has been ringing for about an hour or so, every ten minutes.” Explained Matt, looking over to the table where the ringing machine was.

“He can wait… I don’t really want to talk to him now…” I said, ignoring the call and putting the cell phone in my pocket. I followed Matt outside of the bus and nearly got knocked off my feet by Jimmy running towards me.

“Watch out!” Matt muttered, as I just chuckled.

“Come on Matt, it’s Jimmy, you just can’t be mad at him.” I said and headed towards the small restaurant to order something to eat but Matt stopped me.

“It seams like Brian already ordered for you…” he whispered and then went to sit next to Val. I smiled and went to sit next to Brian. I kissed his cheek and then grabbed a toast from his plate, taking a bite.

“Morning Mum!” said Celia, sitting on Brian’s lap. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Did you sleep well?” I asked her. She nodded. I took my cell phone out of my pocket and placed it next to me as it was bothering me to have it in my pocket, I couldn’t sit down properly.

I don’t love you…

I rolled my eyes and reached out to take the call but Celia was faster.

“Hey Dad!” she sang into the phone, smiling from ear to ear.

“Yeap, I’m having breakfast with Daddy Brian and Mum.”

I choked on my orange juice and grabbed a napkin.

“Yeah, he’s going to adopt me…”

I snatched the phone from her hand.

“She’s joking.” I said quickly.

“I’m not sure about that…” Billy said in the phone.

“Excuse me? She’s the kid, you know she was only joking, she can’t be serious.”

“Well, I beg to differ… I found something really interesting, but let’s not talk about that right now, did you had fun at the Green Day show?” he asked bitterly.

“Yes I did. Thanks for asking.” I said, coldly.

“I’m sure you did…”

“Then why do you ask?!” I said, my voice raising.

“Because you could have told me you were going to a Green Day show with Brian and the kids! Billie Joe called me this morning, he said he was surprised that I wasn’t with you.”

“Listen Billy, if you are calling just to bitch and complain about that, you can hang up. I’m tired of arguing with you…”

“Yeah… Why don’t you just go back to fuck Brian and have an other kid with him!” he spat in the phone.
I sat up from the bench.

“Excuse me?” I yelled, not bothering that everyone was looking at me.

“Yeah, I found something interesting in one of your drawer… It looks like you forgot to tell me that you were a fucking, lying, cheating whore!” he yelled into the phone.

I was sure Brian heard Billy, hell even Matt who was sitting on the opposite end heard him by the look on his face.

“What the fuck are you talking about?!”

“The paternity test! You could have told me Celia wasn’t mine!” he yelled even louder than before.

My face fell, the time stopped around me. I thought I had hid it carefully…

“It’s not what you think Billy! It’s a fake one Aiden did to piss me off! I took it from him the day he tried to shoot me!” I said quickly, not shouting anymore.

“I don’t believe you Lyn… I can’t believe you. Not after what you told Nat. I want to do an other paternity test.”

“Fine, do it I know I’m right. And what did I say to Nat?”

“You said that there was no competition between you and her, that if you wanted to, Brian would be wrapped around your finger in the blink of an eye…” he said, obviously hurt. “I can’t do this anymore Lyn, I don’t want to be worried sick back at home, wondering if he fucked you already… Come back home.”

“Excuse me?” I asked, taken aback. How the hell did he knew what I said? And how could he suggest that I had to come back home?!

“If you do love me, come back home.” he said, no emotions in his voice.

“What?” I whispered, my eyes wide, not believing my ears. He couldn’t ask that from me.

“You heard me right. It’s either that or I’ll have to call it done. So what do you say?”

My mouth fell agape. I was lost for words.

“You can’t do that…” I managed to choke out, after a few minutes of silence. “Billy…”

“No Lyn, I’m sick of this. Either me, or Brian.” he said.

“I can’t leave him, he needs me…” I whispered into the phone.

“And I need you too Lyn.” he said. But the way he said it, he sounded like a selfish, jealous bastard… “I love you.”

I took a deep breath,
“If you did love me, you wouldn’t ask me to drop the tour. I’m started to think that Brian cares more about me than you ever did. So go ahead and do your fucking pathetic paternity test, see if I give a damn. Brian would be a better father to Celia, compared to your lame ass. Bye Billy.” I said and hung up. I slammed the phone on the wooden table and left the table, heading straight towards the bus. I grabbed my Ipod, my notebook, a bag of Skittles, a bottle of Coke and locked myself into the backroom with no intentions of getting out anytime soon.

I laid down on the couch, starring at the ceiling, my earphones safely tugged in my ears, listening to Green Day. I was doing a mental list of all the things I did with both Brian and Billy and I came to the conclusion that I had more fun with Brian than with Billy. Like the Green Day show…

Damn, I had the time of my life at that show.

I rolled over and laid on my stomach.
When I came to think of this, life seemed so much easier with Brian without the Gum around…
The Gum was Aiden’s nickname for Nathalie, don’t ask why…
And Matt was right about at least one thing, Billy was a jealous bastard and I was started to wonder what I ever saw in him. But maybe Matt was right about another point, what if we were meant to be Brian and I… What would happen to Celia, she wouldn’t see her father as often… Well, it’s not like Billy actually cared. I mean, how could he assume something like that, he couldn’t trust me?!

Right, he couldn’t. I wasn’t gone for two days that I was already sleeping with Brian behind his back.

Well, now at least I could do it without feeling guilty seeing that Billy and I were done now.

I sighed, too many thoughts were running through my mind at the moment. I wrapped Brian’s hoodie tighter around me and curled up in a ball. I changed the song to ‘Wake me up when September ends” and closed my eyes, hoping I could fall back asleep…

**

“I really don’t want to.”

“But you have to.”

“Maybe, but I don’t want to.”

“You have to.”

“I don’t want to!” I whined, nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck, wrapping my arms tighter around his torso. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I smiled. I had won the argument. I put one leg over his waist and unwrapped my arms from around him. I sat on his stomach and smiled.

“Can’t we just stay here? I have a few things in mind that you might like…” I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

He closed his eyes.

“We have to go Lyn! Your brother is going to throw a fit!” whispered Brian as I started kissing his neck.

“He will survive.” I said between kisses.

“Lyn, please get off me before I lose control…” whispered Brian, his eyes closed tight shut, his arms by his side.

I smiled, not wanting to get up and just moved my body a little lower so I was now sitting on his pelvis. Brian groaned.

“Lyn, that’s unfair. We need to fucking go before Matt barged in and yell at us to hurry up!”

I ignored him and went back to kiss his neck.

“Oh god…” he moaned. I smiled.

“Lyn, we really need to go now! If we miss our flight, Matt is going to rip my head off...” Said Brian, his hands on my waist. I cut him off by kissing him.

“Lyn, I know you don’t want to see Billy, but at least do this for Matt.” Whispered Brian. I froze, threw the covers away and got up. I walked to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. I stepped under the shower and ignored Brian as he walked in.

Why did he always have to remind me about Billy? I was doing more than fine ignoring him and pretending he didn’t exist. I was with him, what did he want?

I was sulking when the shower curtain was pulled back and Brian stepped in. I turned my back to him and grabbed the shampoo bottle.

“Lyn, you know damn well he is going to be here. We are just getting back from tour and Val is in the hospital, about to give birth to her second child. He will be here along with the rest of Good Charlotte.” Said Brian, sneaking an arm around my waist.

I stayed silent, hating the fact that he was right all the goddamn time.
I rinsed my hair and grabbed the shower gel. I squinted some into my palm and started rubbing it on my arms.

“Brian, don’t start something you will not be able to finish.” I said as he started rubbing my back. I stood under the water, rinsing myself before I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a dry towel.

**

“Lyn, stop ignoring me!” muttered Brian as we were now sitting in a cab, on our way towards the hospital. It was just me, Brian and Matt in this cab. Matt was on the passenger seat, biting his nails and checking his phone every two seconds.

“Hey, look at me!”

I ignored him, keeping my gaze fixed on street. He sighed and sat back down, his back facing me now.

We finally arrived and Matt ran out of the cab, and towards the reception. I stayed behind and paid the driver. Brian had followed Matt.

It was a weird situation I was stuck in… Matt knew about me and Brian, and the others had their suspicions but me and Brian weren’t official, not until we had the results for the paternity test. I was 99, 99% sure Celia was Billy, because there was no possible way that she was Brian’s. So, I had no idea what to do now… Because I still had feelings for Billy obviously, but he was being an asshole. I hadn’t exchange a word with him in 3 months.

I finally walked in the hospital and asked for Val’s room.

When I reached the right floor, several people were sitting in those very uncomfortable plastic chairs. Everyone was here, waiting for Matt to come and tell them the good news. Brian was there too, he had earphones on. I sighed, I hated it when he did that, because by the look on his face, he wasn’t listening to some happy pop song.

I walked over to him and knelled down next to his chair, I took one earphone out and put it in mine.
‘She’s out of my life’

I frowned.
“Why would you be thinking about Nat in moment like this?” I whispered, taking the Ipod from his hand and switching it off. He took the other earphone out and put his Ipod back in his pocket.

He got up and mentioned to me to follow him. I exchanged a quick glance with Cha who just smiled brightly at me. I frowned.

Brian led me further down the corridor and opened a random door. It was a closet.

“Nice Brian, if you wanted a quickie you could have at least chosen a vacant room or whatever…” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Why do you always relate everything to sex?” he asked.

“Because that’s what you want.” I replied simply. He stayed silent, his gaze glued on my face. He sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“You are wearing me out Lyn. I can’t take it anymore.” He started. My eyes widened, what the fuck was he implying?

“I want you to make up your mind, either you want to have a steady relationship with me, or we just have to stop seeing each other like this. I just can’t stand it. I want to go out with you in public, go to the restaurant, or wherever the fuck we want to without hiding. Hell, we even have to hide from our friends… Only your brother knows, and we have to hide from our own kids Lyn. So here’s the deal. You agree to be my girlfriend, for real or it’s over.”

“Brian, you know I can’t! Not until I have the results, which are most likely to be positive in Billy’s favor…” He cut me off.

“You’re wrong. There’s a slight chance that Celia is mine.” He said.

“Excuse me? How would you know that? We didn’t… You just can’t!” I said my eyes wide.

“I had an interesting talk with Cha at the airport when we were waiting for our flight… She told me things we both don’t remember due to the amount of alcohol in our system at the time…” he said and I just shook my head, not wanting to hear it.

“Remember the bar we went to about 7 years ago? The night you broke Nat’s nose… Do you remember what you did after that?” he asked.

“Yeah, I drank more…” I said, trying to remember. He nodded,

“And where did you wake up?” he asked.

“At home…” I said.

“Any idea how you ended up there?” he asked. I shook my head and stopped mid-movement, my eyes wide.

“The cab…” I whispered. I remember having this weird dream where I was making out with Brian in a cab, on my way back to my apartment in Baltimore… I thought it was a fucking dream…

“Cha saw us making out in the bar and then calling a cab…” explained Brian, rubbing his neck.

I just stayed still, my eyes wide, letting everything sink in.

“There is a chance for Celia to be mine Adeline. I could be Celia’s father. Do you know what that mean?” he asked, taking a step closer.

I shook my head, and then wanted to slap myself.

“It means that we could be a family, a real one. You, me, the twins and Celia. All you have to do is admit your feeling for me, admit that I make you feel good, and admit that you want to be with me for the rest of your life.” He said, catching my face in his hands and forcing me to look up at him.

“I can’t Brian, what about Billy?” I managed to say, without getting lost in Brian’s chocolate orbs.

“That can be solved easily.” He said, “What do you want Lyn? Forget everyone else, forget your family, your band, my band, the kids, Billy… What do you want?” he asked, resting his forehead against mine.

“I… I don’t know Brian. I’m confused.” I whispered, my eyes closed so I wouldn’t see the look of disappointment in his eyes.

“Do you want to know why I kept listening to those songs?” he asked. I opened my eyes only to see that he was standing next to me, but the furthest away from me, his back turned to me.

“Yeah…” I whispered, almost afraid of his answer.

“Because I love you Adeline. It’s just as simple as that. I love you and would do anything I could to have you, to call you mine and send that fucking bastard in hell. I want to go out in public with you and tell the fucking world how stupid I was to ever leave you in the first place. Now that I have you back, you can be sure I’m going to fight for you.” He said, coming closer to me. I took a step back and my back hit the door.

“Those songs, they made me think about the time when we were happy together and everyone knew me as your boyfriend, and when everyone knew you as my girlfriend. I want that back Adeline, I want you back, for real…”

I just stared at him, amazed by his eyes, they were a lighter shade of brown… I could get lost easily.

“Answer me Adeline, do you think you can manage walking out of that closet and tell every single person in the waiting room that we’ve been seeing each others behind their back for about 3 months?” he asked.

I nodded. Lost for words.

“Good, let’s go now.” He said, pressed a kiss to my temple, took my hand and opened the door. We turned around the corner, his hand firmly holding mine.

“There’s still one thing you hadn’t said yet.” He said, pressing a kiss to my temple.

“I love you?” I said/asked. He just smiled brightly,

“That’s all I needed… Now I can do it.” He said grinning.

“Do what?” I asked, slightly worried.

“Catch an uncatchable fish…” he said, letting go of my hand as we were almost at the waiting room.

“Very smooth Brian, quoting ‘Big Fish’…” I mumbled, crossing my arms under my bust.

Aiden’s POV

“Where did they disappear?” I asked, biting my lip nervously.

“They probably went to the cafeteria…” said Cha, smiling at me. I nodded and kept biting my lip, looking at the corridor, hoping to see them appear.

“Aiden?”

“Yes munchkin?” I asked, turning to look at my younger sister as she seated herself on my lap.

“Where are Matt and Val?” she asked.

“They are in a room, waiting for Val’s baby to come out.”

Really smooth but I couldn’t think of a better explanation at the moment.

“Hey! What’s it Daddy doing?” she asked, pointing at the corridor where Dad had one knee down. I smiled and patted her head.

“He’s tying up his shoelaces Celia.” I said, and chuckled.

“Then when does Mummy look like she’s about to pass out?”

Adeline’s POV

“What are you doing Brian?” I asked, as I saw him put one knee on the floor.

“Catching an uncatchable fish and basically telling Billy to go fuck himself.” He replied smirking.

“With your shoelaces?” I asked, chuckling. He chuckled, and then grabbed something from his pocket. It looked like a box, a small box.

My heart started beating faster in my chest and my arms fell to my side. All my concentration went to my mouth, trying to keep it close as Brian spoke with a loud and clear voice, catching the attention of all our friends and family in the waiting room, as well as Matt’s and Val’s as Matt opened the door to tell everyone the good news.

“Adeline Linda Sanders, will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, please don't kill me!
I hope you liked this chapter... and I'd love you forever if you could comment on this particular chapter...
And thank you to the people who always comment on every single chapter =)
Credits for "Bikly" and "the Gum" go to HellGates XD