Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 9.

She dropped her bag at her feet and fumbled with the keys for a few seconds before unlocking the door and kicking it open. She grabbed her bag, dropped it on the little table in the hallway and kicked the door shut, locking it behind her. She tied her hair in a loose ponytail and made her way in the kitchen, opened the fridge to take a can of Coke before she made her way to the living room to watch some TV.

Someone was sitting on the couch. She stopped dead in tracks and switched on the light. She was about to call the police when she recognized the person.

“Brian?”

“Oh Lyn, finally you’re here.” He said, running a hand through his hair and getting up, walking to her.
“Brian, what are you doing in my apartment, and how did you get in there?” she asked, putting her can of coke on the coffee table.

“I came here to talk to you. And I asked Billy for the keys.” He explained.

Suddenly realization hit her and she gasped.

“Is Aiden alright?” she asked hurriedly.

“What? Yeah, yeah he’s okay. I’m kind of worried about Angelina though…” he whispered. Adeline’s eyes widen and she completely forgot to be mad at Brian, she sat on the armchair and took a sip from her coke. Brian sat back down on the couch.

“What’s wrong with my daughter?” she asked, her eyes not leaving his face.

“She’s been really quiet you know, and calm. She misses Celia and you… Especially you.” he said, rubbing his neck. “Aiden is always sleeping, or most of the time… The house is way too calm. I’m not use to this.”

Lyn chuckled, “You know, I have to admit. I kind of miss the noise too. The apartment is just way too calm here so to make some noise, I listen to music.” She said and crossed her legs but made a face as her foot hit the coffee table. She thought it went unnoticed but Brian got up from the couch and knelled down in front of her.

“Let me see your ankle.” He said.

“I’m fine Brian!” she muttered but he didn’t listen to her and rolled up her jeans.

“Damn!” he muttered under his breath. “You know how much I love purple, but that’s some nasty bruises you got here.” He said and got back on his feet.
He grabbed her arm and draped it over his shoulder and held her by the waist.

“I’m taking you to the hospital.” He said.

“What?! Wait, no! Leave me alone!” she snapped, trying to push him away. She stumbled and twisted her ankle, falling backwards.

“Ouch.”

Brian sighed and carried her bridal style out of the door and into the lift.

**

“Fuck you Brian!” she muttered as he closed the front door behind them.

“You know how much I’d love too, but I have a fiancée waiting for me back home.” He replied, dropping the car keys on the small table in the hallway.

“Ha ha ha… fucking hilarious Brian! Seriously! If you hadn’t come, I wouldn’t have that fucking cast and those fucking crutches.” She snapped, glaring at the purple cast. “What the hell am I supposed to do now? I can’t drive anymore! I’m stuck here!” she muttered, gripping her hair in both hands.

“Hey, hey, hey…” Brian went to sit next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “I’m sorry Lyn, but you have to admit that popping painkillers every time your ankle was hurting wasn’t the best solution.” He said. She let out a heavy sigh and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Seriously Brian, what am I going to do?” she asked, looking up at him.

“I have no idea Lyn. Let’s just get you in bed, okay?” he said and wrapped one arm around her shoulder and one arm under her knees.

“Brian!” she yelled as he lifted her off the couch.

“Listen Lyn, it’s partially my fault if you’re with that cast, just let me get you in your room, okay?”

She huffed but said nothing, except for pointing her bedroom’s door. He smiled as he laid her down on her mattress and came back seconds later with her crutches. He put them on the floor, next to her bed and sat on the edge of her mattress, looking around.

For a second, he thought about laying down here with her but decided against it.

“I’m going to sleep on the couch. Good night Lyn.”

“Night Brian. You can sleep in Aiden’s room if you want to.” She offered. Brian shook his head and got up. He looked at her from over his shoulder before closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter!
=D