Sequel: Mutatio

Metus

Bill's POV

It was quiet all through the drive home. Lor had refused to be comforted by any of us, saying she was fine and it was only paparazzi. None of us believed her, but after a while, we all gave up. We knew she was terrified, espeacially Georg and I. She was stunned by them, she couldn't move. Georg had to go yell at the pararazzi while I took her away from them before she regained her senses. It was amazing, I didn't know she was so terrified. It seemed a crime to have fame thrust upon her whn she didn't even want it. She wasn't even fifteen yet, she was too young!

We arrived at the hotel within about half an hour but it seemed like years. Lor had been ignoring us and listening to her iPod the entire ride. I was surprised it hadn't run out of batery life yet, she never put it down.

Unfortunately, news travels fast in New York and the outside of the hotel was swarmed with people, most of them paparazzi. I looked nervously to Lor, but she simply took her headphones out of her ears and stuck her iPod in her bag. Her face betrayed no emotion, she was good at looking indifferent. It must have taken practice, I couldn't keep a straight face to save my life.

Expecting to go fist, I scooted over towards the door and opened it. The blare of noise was undescribable. So many people were talking at once you couldn't single out any of them. The cameras flashed, illuminating the alreadt blinding light with their added floresance(sp?).

To my surprise (and anger, mind you) Lor moved and left the car first. She smiled at the cameras and showed off her black and silver nailpolish. Not to mention she skipped up the walkway to the lobby, where more fans and money-grubbing bastards came to talk to her, looking for autograhps or a good story. I wondered if this girl would ever cease to surprise me. I also wondered if it was a good idea to come out too, or let her agent out first and then have the driver bring us to the back. The news would have a field day if they got pictures of us together (us as all of us, I'm not that selfish!). They'd think we were involved with eachother or something.

I was clearly not the only one surprised, because it took a moment for us to get moving again. Lor's Agent motioned for us to go first, even if she looked extremely worried for her daughter for all intensive purposes. Reluctant, I moved foreward and exited the vehicle. Cheers ensued and the blare of noise got considerably louder, but I was used to it. I'd been dealing with it since I was thirteen, so it wasn't a surprise.

The paparazzi weren't happy that we didn't act like Lor did and skip up to the lobby, but they took their pictures anyway and still shouted their questions at us. I'd always wopndered why they insisted on shouting above eachother, even if they knew their questions wouldn't be answered. Hm.

As I mentioned, the lobby was crowded with various fans and paparazzi looking for a good story. Lor's agent courageously handled the fans with autographed pictures of Lor and whatnot. I admired her for a moment for knowing exactly how to subdie the fans so Lor could get up to her room. I'd seen a kitten with her at breakfast, and wondered if she missed her master? Tom, who had crept up next to me, caught my attention and motioned for water. I smiled. He wanted to got to the pool. Honestly, I did too. It seemed relaxing, maybe we could get Lor to come with us?

I found myself pondering if she would even say yes. Cats didn't like water, and I doubt the hotel staff would let her bring the kitten down to the pool. Lor needed the kind of comfort that purred and didn't ask questions, maybe it would be better if she stayed in her room? Though I suppose it would get lonely and she'd come join us after a while. It all depended on how long her iPod battery lasted, for I had a feeling I'd see her with it if I went up to her room right now.

I inched my way through the crowd with Tom, Gustav, and Georg, Lor's agent (whos name I have yet to discover) had gone ahead after subduing the fans. Once we were in the elevator, Gustav let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god that's over. What happened to Lor?"

"The paparazzi freaked her out." Georg explained. He looked angry. "She's too fucking young for this. She isn't even fifteen yet."

Tom shook his head. "She hides it well. If I hadn't seen her earlier, I would have guessed she was giddy."

Georg shrugged. He still didn't look happy. I didn't say anything, which was odd for me. I was usually the one who did all the talking.

I was glad we had a VIP pool, I liked it better when it was just us anyway, but I knew Tom was dissapointed. He always had a girl with him while he was in the water, it was almost like a signature. My cell beeped. It was one of Lor's company (aparently they'd gottne our numbers from our own crew). I slid my phone open and read the text.

Hey Bill, is Lor there?

No, she's up in her room I think. I replied and slid my phone shut. I wished she were here, she was good company. Plus, I bet there were skittles in the vending machine. I wonder if I should go find her. . .

"Hey guys, I'm going back up to the room." I called and slid my shirt over my head (I thought it'd be odd to show up at Lor's room half naked).
♠ ♠ ♠
Hurray for more of Bill! And no, I do no research the weather for NY in September. It was unusually warm ok? I giveth the fanfiction and I may taketh it away!