Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Kyra Lee Hates Waiting.

Hometowns. They either bring back wonderfully sweet memories of your childhood or perhaps metaphorically drag you down into the deep abyss you thought you had escaped forever. And for Kyra, it was abyss filled with things she never in a million years wanted to remember.

But as she got out of her bunk early and just watched her surroundings go by as her husband slept, she felt at ease. Almost as if this wasn’t her hometown but just another city in the United States of America they just happened to be playing a show in.

The fellow bassist woke up about half an hour later and walked out to where Kyra was, “Hey. You okay?”

“Fine, just looking at things go by,” she shrugged.

“How does it feel to be home after so long?”

“This isn’t home, Mike. Home is Jersey or New York. This is the furthest place from home.”

“Okay, well, how about, how does it feel to be here? Whatever and where ever here may be?” He asked, trying to get a smile from her.

Kyra smiled at his attempt, “Weird.”

He gave a nod and went to make some coffee while Kyra moved and leaned against the window with her back, watching Mikey make coffee as she nibbled on a bowl of dry Fruit Loops she had gotten earlier.

“Want a cup, baby?” Mikey asked once the coffee was done.

“Yes, please,” she nodded.

Mikey poured two cups of coffee - one for his wife and the other for himself. He picked both cups up and took them to the front area and sat next to his wife, “So what are you going to do when we stop?”

Kyra shrugged, “Not sure,” she said, taking the coffee from him, “Thanks.”

“Welcome,” he told her before taking of the dark liquid in his cup, “How long until we get there?”

“Well, judging by where we are,” she muttered, looking out the window, “Another ten minutes. Fifteen max.”

Mikey nodded, grabbing Kyra's free hand and lacing their fingers together. He wasn’t sure what the next few days would hold for him and his wife but he knew he was going to be there to support her no matter what her decision was.

"What do you think I should do?" She asked, giving a half smile.

"I'm not sure. Have you thought anymore about that letter?"

"I'm trying not to."

Mikey nodded, not sure what he should say since he didn't want her to be upset again like that one night a week or so ago.

She sighed, taking another sip of her coffee. "I might go have a shower," she said, climbing over Mikey's lap to get out of the booth.

Mikey nodded moving a bit to make it easier for her to get out of the booth. She pecked his cheek as she past him, venturing off to the bathroom.

"Love you," Mikey called as she made her way to the bathroom, while grabbing the remote and flipping through the TV channels.

Kyra had a long shower, dreading coming back out.

"Hurry up Ky!" Elliot yelled, knocking on the door after 40 minutes of waiting.

"Okay, okay, chill," she muttered.

She had spent twenty minutes getting ready while the other twenty minutes she spent sitting on the sink edge thinking. Her husband on the other hand, walked off the bus and over to My Chemical Romance’s once they stopped since Kyra was still in the bathroom.

"Hey Max, tell Mike I'll be back soon. I'm just heading out for a bit," Kyra told Max.

"Okay. Have fun," Max shrugged.

Kyra slipped on her leather jacket and zipped it on before checking her hair and stepping off the bus, still deciding if she should do what the letter said.

"Hey Mikey," Gerard said, making more coffee.

"Hey," he said taking a seat on the couch.

"What's up? Did you and Ky fight again?"

"No, I just came over to see what was up while she was in the shower. Is that okay with you?"

"Oh, touchy aren't we little brother?" Gerard chuckled, "Only kidding. Of course it's okay."

"No, just coffee deprived. We're out on Tiffany's bus."

"Here," Gerard made him a cup.

Mikey drank the cup and thanked Gerard as the others finally rolled out of the bunk area, all waving at Mikey.

"Hey Mikey. Where's Ky?" Bella asked, getting a pop tart.

"Not sure. She was on the bus taking a shower. Why?"

"Just wondered is all. Usually you're attached at her hip," she said.

"Yeah, I know, but I figured I would give her some time, you know? Since this is where she used to live,“ he shrugged.

"Really? She never said anything. Does this mean we get to go and have decent food?" Jess asked.

"No, I don't think it does," Mikey said, looking around the room since he didn't know much of Kyra's past except for the fact that she really didn't want to be here.

“Dang," Bella sighed, walking off to the bathroom.

"If you want burnt food for a change, you guys could let Frank cook," Mikey smirked as his friend glared at him.

"I should burn you," Frank snapped, going towards Mikey.

Mikey just jumped up and started going off the bus, "Back to the wife now. Seeya guys," he laughed.

At first she just thought he was late. After a few more minutes passed, she thought that perhaps traffic was just holding her father up. Yes, that had to be the case. But as much as she hated waiting, she waited there patiently as the hours passed, her hopes high that he would show up.

"Ky said to tell you that she's gone out or something," Max muttered, pouring coffee as Mikey came on the bus.

"Did she say where she went? When did we get more coffee?" Mikey asked.

"Well, what you do is put more in and wait Mikey," Max said, "Just said out. Probably going to catch up with her family or something."

Mikey just shrugged and walked back off the bus to go look for his wife, worried something might have happened. He walked around for half an hour before he decided to call Kat.

"Hellooo?" Kat answered her phone as Frank tackled her into the bunk.

"Kat, I cant find Ky and Max said something about her family. Where should I look?"

"What do you mean family? She doesn't talk to them Mikey."

"I know Kat. That’s why I am worried. She got a strange letter from her dad a few weeks ago and now I can’t find her."

"Well, maybe she's had a change of heart. All your forgiveness stuff probably rubbed off on her."

"Still though, she has been gone a few hours. Do you think she is okay?"

"I'd say so. This is her home ground Mike. She knows it like the back of her hand, right?"

"I don't know Kat. How long was she gone from here before she hit Jersey?" Mikey sighed.

"I don't know. A day? But that was years ago."

"Right, so what if she doesn't know these roads anymore?"

"Well, then she's lost."

"Kat, why aren’t you worried? What if something happened?"

"I am worried, I just don't think there's nothing to be extremely worried about yet."

"Yeah, well, what if she went to meet her dad and he ends up doing something to her? We would never know," he said, hanging up on her.

She sat there all day, realising that he wasn’t going to show as the sun started to go down in the sky. Kyra was about to get up and leave from the bench she had been sitting on for most of the day when her phone rang.

Kyra fumbled around, getting her phone out of her pockets, "H-Hey, I'm kinda busy."

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!? ARE YOU OKAY?" Mikey fired off as soon as he answered, worry lacing his voice.

"I-I'm fine," she muttered, "Just d-don't yell at me, p-please. I already feel stupid enough."

"I'm sorry, baby. You just had me so scared. I have been looking for you for hours. Why do you feel stupid? Where are you?"

"I waited all day for him and he never turned up!" She sniffed.

"Oh baby, where are you?" Mikey asked, hoping she would tell him since he wanted to be there to comfort her.

"I-I'm coming back," she muttered, "Love you and see you soon," she said before hanging up.

"Love you too," he said hanging up while wondering just how he was going to get back because he didn't remember what way he had came.

Kyra walked quickly through her old streets, arriving at the buses within ten minutes and running into Gerard.

"Did Mikey find you?" He asked.

She shook her head and bit her lip, "Where's Mikey?" She squeaked out.

"Not sure. Frank chased him off our bus a long, long time ago and about two hours ago he called Kat because he couldn't find you and no one has heard from him since. Why?"

"I-I-I just n-need M-M-Mikey here w-with m-m-me," she started to cry.

Gerard wasn't sure how to comfort Kyra so he walked on the bus and got all three girls while her called Mikey’s cell.

"Hello?" Mikey answered, still walking around lost.

"Where the hell are you!? Your wife is an emotional wreck!" Gerard yelled.

Kyra just went and rushed onto her bus, where Max and Elliot took her into the backroom and hugged her while sitting down, one on each side while trying to reassure her everything would be okay. The girls just shrugged when they couldn’t see Kyra while Kat stood by Gerard waiting to see where Mikey was.

"I don't know. I am by some big old looking school. I can’t even remember what way I came to get here. What’s wrong with Kyra? Who's with her?"

"I don't know! She just said she needs you here with her and started balling her eyes out. I think she's on her own bus with Max and Ell."

"Okay, ask Kat to go check on her and see if she will give someone directions on how I can get back, please?" Mikey asked kind of panicking.

"Kat," Gerard sighed, "Go check on Ky and get directions," he said, handing her his phone.

Kat sighed before taking the phone, "Mikey you owe me big for this," she said as she walked on the other bus, "Max, E, Ky?" She called, waiting on a reply from one of them.

"In here," Max called from the back.

Kat walked to where they were, "Kyra, sweetie, your incompetent husband is on the phone. Are you able to give me directions so he can get back to you? Oh and are you okay?"

Kyra sniffed and held her hand out for the phone, her face buried in Elliot's neck.

Kat handed her the phone, "Want me to go back in the other room?" She asked, unsure if her friend wanted her there or not.

She lightly nodded and Max and Kat left. Elliot stayed simply because she wouldn't let him move, "Mikey?" she said softly.

"Yeah, baby? What’s wrong?" Mikey asked, worried and concerned.

"Where are you? I need you here."

"I'm near some old school. I think I'm lost. Is someone with you now?"

"Take a left, then right and follow the road up and take another right," she said slowly, knowing where he was.

"Okay," Mikey said, sprinting the way she told him to go, "Is someone there with you?" He asked panting as he kept a steady run going.

"I've taken Elliot hostage," she sniffed.

"Okay, are you okay?" He asked making the last right she had told him to take.

"I don't know anymore."

"Just stay calm baby. I'm almost there. I love you."

She nodded, even though he couldn’t see it. Mikey managed to reach the bus rather quickly and composed himself before speaking again.

"Baby, can you do me a favour?" He asked, her not telling her he was on the bus. He could see her but she couldn't see him.

"Mm?"

"I want you to hang up the phone give it to Elliot and let him go give it to Kat. Can you do that for me please, baby?"

"B-B-But," she stuttered, worrying about how he was going to keep talking to her.

"Just do it for me, baby, okay?" He paused, hanging up his end of the phone and walking into the room she was in, bending down to her ear and whispering, "I promise everything will be okay."

Once she heard his voice, she instantly disconnected from Elliot, attaching her arms around Mikey's neck. Mikey wrapped his arms around her protectively, while thanking Elliot and asking him to tell Kat he would call one of them later or talk to them at the show. Elliot left, leaving the couple. Kyra just buried her face near her husband's collarbone.

"Come on, baby. Tell me what happened," Mikey whispered to her softly while stroking her hair.

"He doesn't care. He never cared," she sobbed.

"Shh, baby, don't say that. I bet he cared. Maybe he just forgot the date," Mikey said, trying to comfort his wife while wishing he could go find Kyra's dad and sucker punch him for the way he was making his wife feel.

"Maybe he just forgot about me completely," she muttered.

"Baby, if he forgot about you then he wouldn't have sent you that letter."

"Don't make excuses for him," she mumbled, "You're meant to be on my side."

"I am on your side but you know if he forgot about you, he never would have sent that letter in the first place. He wants you for something,” Mikey sighed, "Baby, you know I hate seeing you like this. How could you even think I was on his side?"

"Because everyone's usually against me."

"You know I would never be against you. Even if you were fighting me, I would be on your side. I love you."

"Still. That's no excuse for him."

"No, it’s not. If he wasn’t going to show, he never should have sent that letter. I am sorry you have to go through this, baby, but I promise it will get better soon."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise, even if I have to sell a kidney to make it better, it will be."

Kyra chuckled, "I don’t deserve you."

"Why do you think like that?"

She shrugged, "Because its the truth."

"No, it’s not. I am the one who doesn't deserve you. I don't know how I ever lived without you."

"I beg to differ," she muttered, "You're way too good."

"See, I think the same thing about you Mrs Way."

Kyra shook her head, "Don't be stupid."

"No, you don't be stupid. You know, you're the best thing to ever happen to me."

"Really?

"Yes really. I love you. I always have and always will," he kissed her head.

She just sniffled her nose, trying to get rid of her runny nose, "I think I'm okay now."

"Are you sure? I mean, we could make them find two bassists and just lay here all day if it’s what you need to feel better."

"Who are they gunna get?"

"Whoever they want. They have three choices," Mikey shrugged.

"Who?"

"Well, there’s Kat. She can play bass. Jess she can sing pretty well, and well, I'm not sure about Bella, but they can always give her a try. Or they can just find someone off the street," Mikey shrugged again.

Kyra chuckled, "No, I better do it. I don't want to get replaced."

"And just who would replace you?"

"Anyone."

"Kyra, no one could replace you. Not even the ego maniac Gerard Way."

"Because that would be wrong if you were married to him."

"No, Kyra, that would be very, very wrong and gross. He's not even sexy," Mikey teased.

Kyra chuckled, "C'mon. We'd better go get ready."

"Okay, okay, fine," Mikey sighed, unwrapping his arms from her and moving to a sitting position.

She got up and sorted through her bag, decided what she would wear and went and sat back down next to Mikey, "Don't tell anyone about this okay?"

"Well, I have to at least tell Kat and Gee that you're fine. I also need to tell Kat I am half sorry for fighting with her," he said, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

"Well, tell them those three words only. That I'm fine," she applied her lips to his.

He kissed her back happily, "I will tell them that but I don’t have to kiss them, do I?"

"Of course not. I can't wait for tour to end."

"Neither can I. Well, I guess I can. I'm not looking forward to divorcing you."

"Worried I'm going to take all your money?" She smirked.

"Nope, worried I may never get to call you Mrs Way again since you already have our pool boy picked out," he smiled.

"That was just a joke. We don't even have a pool Mike," she smiled, "And, well, I guess if it makes you happy, we'll do it your way. Renewing vows or whatever…"

"How do you know I didn't buy a pool? And I know it was a joke and no, I am okay with getting the divorce. Just going to miss calling you my wife for a few weeks, that’s all."

"Well, where would you put a pool?" She asked looking around, "No pool here," Kyra said, lifting his arms up and moving his shirt, "It'll be easier your way. It's what you want, so I want it too."

"No, I want to have a real wedding because I know you wouldn't want to miss this. I saw it in your eyes when you were helping Kat plan hers and I meant a pool at our homes in New York."

"We could just pretend," she shrugged, "A pool would not fit in my apartment."

"But it would fit in the backyard of my two story house. We'll do it how ever you want, baby."

"Well, then we'll do it that way. Why do you need a pool in New York? It's cold there."

"Which way is that way? And I don't need one but you didn't know I didn't buy one. did you?"

"Mr and Mrs Michael James Way from now until forever. No break," she smiled, "I know you didn't get a pool. But I do know you're stuck with me from now until...." she paused, "until Gerard never says a word in an interview."

"So until the day I die, Ray dies, Frank dies, Bob dies, you die and Gee dies? I would say Bat but we know she is going to outlive us all. S,o pretty much until we're all dead because Gee will never shut up?"

"Exactly," she nodded.

"I like the sound of that. Mr and Mrs Way until the day we both die," he smiled.

She smiled, "Mr and Mrs Way and the Wayby's," she laughed.

"Where did you come up with that name?"

"Eh," Kyra shrugged, "It's what kids on the internet have decided to call the kids of you and Gerard."

"How do you freaking know that? You know what? Never mind. I don’t want to know how you know."

Kyra giggled, "You don't wanna know."

"You're right. I probably don't."

"Yeah, you don't. Trust me, things can get weird in chat rooms."

"Do you go to chat rooms often?"

"No! Of course not! Don't be stupid!" Kyra retorted.

"So then how do you know they are scary?"

"I never said scary. I said weird."

"You know what? I don't even want to know why you went there,” he smiled, looking into her eyes before cupping the left side of her face and kissing her sweetly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mikey's so sweet with Kyra (:
I hope that wasn't too predictable.
Anybody interested in designing a character to be used?
If not, that's totally okay.
But if you do and FYI, it has to be a female, just send me a message with the name of the character, age (has to be between 16 and 18), personality, a few likes and dislikes, looks can be described or simply a picture link.
Comments are exquisite.