Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Mikey Isn't That Lucky.

Mikey, on the other hand, also went outside but didn't go very far. He just sat outside on the porch, where he just sat there, kicking himself mentally for being so stupid.

But the two were similar in more than one way. Even though they were apart, they were each doing the same thing and beating themselves up.

"I told you falling in love was a bad idea when you were how old? Four! But nooooo, Kyra didn't listen and now look at the mess she's in," Kyra talked to herself, ending up at the old park.

"Michael! How could you do this to her? You know your mother raised you better than this. Woman are always right," he told himself while sighing before he sent Kyra a text message.

Kyra didn't even pull her cell out to look at the message, she needed time by herself. She laid down on the soft green grass and looked up at the night sky, the one thing she couldn't do in New York due to all the light pollution.

"Kyra, hunny, I have the most funniest photos to show-" Donna said, coming into the living room where it was just Gerard and Jamie, "Where'd they go?"

"Mom, Kyra and Mikey are just working some things out," Gerard told his mother before explaining what was going on and what happened to Kat and Frank.

"God," Donna sighed, "They are the odd couple. I hope they didn't go too far. It's cold out."

"Yeah, I just hope they work it out. Kyra gave Mikey her ring," Gerard said, looking down at his nephew who was playing quite happily with building blocks, "For his sake, you know?"

She sighed and shook her head, not believing all the trouble, "I might go make sure the door's unlocked in case they come back," Donna said, opening the door to make sure it was unlocked. She saw her son sitting and sat next to him, "So she gave you the ring, huh?"

"Yeah, I said some mean things," he sighed.

"Naww, poor Mikey," she said rubbing his back with one of her hands, "She'll come back."

"Not as my wife. I'm waiting on a text from her now. Knowing my luck, she is on the phone with that thing she calls a best friend and they are plotting my murder."

Donna rolled her eyes at his over dramatic nature, "She will, I just know it. You mean a lot to her."

"I know and she means so much to me Mom. I shouldn't have said what I said."

"What did you say? Let it all out and tell me."

Mikey told his mother everything, looking down in shame, while using his phone to re-send the same text to Kyra.

"Oh Michael," she sighed, "You don't have much luck do you?"

"No, I really don't. I messed up bad, didn't I?"

"A little, not entirely. She'll come around. I don't think she's going to throw how many years? Six? Seven? Down the drain."

"Almost eight, I think. And she might, I really messed up this time. Like I said, her and Bat are probably planning my murder right now. You should have seen what Kyra did to Frank," Mikey sighed and shuddered at the same time.

"What did they do?" She asked amused, while stroking his hair like she used to do when he was a child.

"Well, Kyra decided she was going to go have a chat with Frank before talking to Kat. And, well, the chat ended with her throwing shoes at Frank. Mom, it was not a pretty sight."

"That's your Kyra though," she chuckled as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I know and I love her so much, Mom. I really didn't mean anything I said," he sighed.

"I know, I know," she said softly, trying to comfort him as he lightly began to cry.

Gerard walked out side to see if his mother or Mikey were there, "Guys, I put Jamie to bed," he said softly.

Donna turned her head and mouthed, "Thanks sweetie," while Mikey didn't bother to move, he was too busy sulking.

"Mikes, it'll be okay. You know, she will come back sooner or later. You guys always find each other," Gerard said, trying cheer his brother up.

"I doubt it," he mumbled.

"Shhh, sweetie. Don’t say those things. She's probably on her way back now," Donna tried to comfort him.

"I think I might just go for a walk and hope she messages me back, okay?" He asked moving his head of his mother’s shoulder and looking at her and his brother.

"I don't think you need to," Donna said softer than ever.

There was a familiar figure standing with their back to them while lightly kicking what appeared to be stones on the footpath out the front of the house. Mikey looked up and saw the figure. He wiped his eyes quickly, "Kyra?" He almost whispered, not sure it was really her.

"We'll be inside," Donna said, "C'mon Gerard, you can help me fix a few things," she added, pulling her other son inside.

Mikey watched as they walked away and waited to see what Kyra was going to say or if she was going to throw something at him. Kyra kept her hands in her pocket, before leaning against the fence and walking into the yard.

"So?" He asked, playing with the ring and thinking of how many times he had done that before.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who should be begging for forgiveness," Mikey muttered.

"I'm not allowed to be sorry too?"

"Of course you are but I'm just wondering what for?"

"Because I over re-acted, again. You didn't know she was crazy. It's not your fault."

"Baby, it’s still my fault. No one in the band liked her other than Kat and I think that’s because she was always sweet when she was around so I should have known something was wrong."

"You didn't know she would be like that though. It isn’t your fault."

"But if I would have listened to my band, I would have got ridden of her before and none of this would be happening now."

"You don't know that. It still could have been happening," she said, sitting on the porch next to him.

"Nah, maybe not, because if I would have kicked her to the curb sooner maybe she wouldn't have known about Kat’s parents then none of this would be happening.”

"You were just trying to do something good for Jamie, even though it turned out horribly wrong..." she trailed off.

"Yeah it did, does this mean we owe them a new car?"

"I think it comes under the place I'm giving them," she chuckled.

Mikey just nodded his head, "Want this back or no?" He asked, showing her the ring.

She simply held out her left hand, "Of course," she said softly.

He smiled and took her left hand, gently sliding the ring back on, "I am so sorry for what I said to you."

"It's okay," she said, twirling the ring around.

"No, Kyra, it’s not. I never should have said those things to you and you know it."

"Honestly, it's okay," she softly said.

"If you say so... So, what are we going to do about this problem?"

"I don't know. This is way out of my problem solving ability."

"Well, what do you think Frank and Bat plan to do other than hide at his parents?"

She shrugged, "I have no clue. New York?"

"I know that but I mean about this whole thing. Do they think the people are going to mess with them or just come after us? Why didn't Kat try to kill them?"

"I don't know but it freaks me."

"Wait, what part freaks you? That she didn't kill them or that they are coming after us?"

"The coming after us, knowing that someone is probably watching and following us. It' just creepy."

"It is creepy but I highly doubt someone is watching us. Whoever this is probably isn't even sure if we're here or at a hotel."

"I think they'd know," she muttered.

"Yeah, maybe, but maybe not. I mean, what Sophie doesn't know is Kat’s parents are kind of dumb, so unless she is with them, chances are they think we're at a hotel."

"Yeah, she probably doesn't know but it's still creepy not knowing if someone's out there."

"Well, if you want we can pack and drive home tonight and hope they don't realize we're gone."

"Okay," she nodded.

"So, I'll tell my Mom and Gee while you pack Jamie's things. And we’ll call everyone else once we get to N.Y?"

She nodded again, getting up. Mikey walked in the house and started talking to his brother and mother instantly while Kyra went up the stairs.

"We're leaving tonight," he stated simply.

"So you and Kyra got back together?" His mother asked hopefully.

"Yes, we're together. And please don't tell anyone we're leaving. I will call everyone when we get where we're going, okay?"

"So I guess I'm staying here?" Gerard asked.

"I'm so happy! I knew you two would figure things out," Donna gushed.

"Thanks Mom," Mikey smiled, "I guess unless you’re going with us."

"Nah, I don't want to get in you guys way," Gerard said.

"Okay, how long you staying here for?"

Gerard shrugged, "I don't know."

"Okay, want to help me get the suitcases?"

"Alright," he muttered, helping his brother.

Mikey and Gerard loaded all the bags into the trunk now they were just waiting on Kyra to get done with Jamie’s stuff. Kyra came down with all of his stuff before going back up to get a sleeping Jamie. Gerard took a load to the care while Mikey followed Kyra to get the crib.

Kyra carefully cradled her son while Mikey dealt with the crib, "Is Gerard coming too?"

"No, he said he didn't want to be in the way, or something like that."

"Oh, okay," she shrugged, taking Jamie down to the car and putting him in his car seat.

Kyra said her goodbyes to Mikey's parents and Gerard while waiting for Mikey out near the car.

Mikey sat his stuff down and hugged his parents, promising to call them soon. He then hugged Gerard before going to the car and putting the crib in the trunk, he then got in the driver’s side of the car.

Kyra hopped into the passenger seat, "Ready?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

Mikey put the car in drive and they where on their way back to New York. Kyra sat with her hands in her lap until she noticed Mikey's hand in the middle, just like how he used to do years ago. She intertwined their fingers together and smiled to herself.

"I love you."

"I love you too," she smiled, squeezing his hand lightly.

"So, I think we need to all sit down and talk about what’s happened. Are you sure you have to go on tour again?"

"Yeah, we're supporting Fall Out Boy."

"Fall Out Boy? More like Small Out Boy," he said laughing, "Okay, so, maybe that’s not true but I'm so going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you guys too. I have to leave my two boys behind."

"Yeah and it sucks so bad. When will you be back?"

"You're not going to believe this," she sighed, "Exactly one week after Valentine's Day."

"Oh, well, at least you won’t be gone too long. I can’t believe we'll miss Valentines day again."

Kyra sighed, "I know but it's not that important anyway."

"Well, that is true I guess. I wonder why they even celebrate a day when it’s really a day where a massacre was done."

Kyra shrugged, "I have no clue."

"People celebrate things for strange reasons some times."

"Yeah, I know."

"Baby, how long have we been driving?"

"We should nearly be there," Kyra said, "We going to mine or yours?"

"Mine, I thought since we have to move your stuff out of yours. Up to you though."

"Fine with me," she shrugged.

"Okay."

Kyra began to lightly fall asleep after another half hour, her head resting on her own shoulder. Mikey decided to just let her sleep and steal glances at her, until they got to the house. When he pulled into the driveway, he got out and walked around to Jamie’s door and got him out, took him out and took him inside, still in his car seat, sound asleep. Mikey then went out for second trip to bring the crib in. He tried to set it up as quickly as he could before making his next trip to bring his wife in. Once he had her in his arms, he walked slowly, hoping not to wake her as he carried her into the house.

Kyra's head rested against Mikey's collarbone as he carried her in. "Mike," she said in her sleep.

"Yeah, baby?"

"No, don't leave," she continued to mutter in her sleep.

Mikey started to laugh as he laid her down on the bed.

"I didn't mean to, honest," she muttered, still sleeping.

Mikey was giggling at this point, as he walked out of the room to check on his son and bring him to his crib. She nuzzled her face into the pillows that smelt like Mikey, unaware she was back in the old bed they used to share. He came back in, settling Jamie into the crib before turning around and getting into bed to discover Kyra had claimed all the covers as her own.

He lightly shook her, hoping to wake her just enough to get some covers but she didn't wake, instead gripping the blankets tighter.

"Baby, wake up,” he said, shaking her and lightly kissing her cheek.

"Are we there already?" She mumbled, lightly waking up, "That was quick," Kyra rubbed one of her eyes.

"Baby, you’re in the bed. Now please, share the covers?"

"Oh, yeah. Sure," she mumbled, shuffling back over to her side and surrendering part of the blanket.

"Well, you've been hogging the covers for about thirty minutes now," he smiled, taking his half and getting under them before pulling Kyra close to him.

"I haven't been out that long, have I?"

"About an hour and a half."

"It only feels like two minutes."

"Well, why don't you try going back to sleep?"

"Where's Jamie?" She asked, nuzzling into his neck.

"In the crib beside us, he was sleeping when we got here too. Only unlike his mother, he doesn't talk in his sleep."

"I don't talk in my sleep. You're crazy," she scoffed.

"Baby, you were very much talking in your sleep. You asked me not to leave and then stole all the covers."

She shook her head, "I think I would remember if I talked in my sleep."

"Trust me, baby, you do. Now, can we try this sleep thing again?"

"Alright," she said.

"Good night baby, I love you."

"I love you too," she said softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?