Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 19

“What the? Angie why are we at the hospital?” Stuart asked as Angie pulled up into the hospital parking lot.

“I want to visit someone.” She replied coldly.

“Visit someone? Who?” he questioned as she found a parking spot. “Wait. Angie no, you can’t go and see him.”

“I have to Stu.” She replied getting out of the Escalade.

“You can’t, it’s interfering with a witness or something!” he called after her.

“I don’t care, I need to talk to him, get him to drop the charges!” she replied as she jogged over to the front doors.

“Hi, um can you tell me where I can find David Begg please.” She asked the nurse at the reception desk.

“David Begg? Okay, are you a relative?” she asked typing the name into the computer in front of her.

“Um, well almost, I’m his girlfriend.” She lied.

“Okay, he’s in room two zero five, so you need to take the elevator up to the second floor, take a right through the double doors and it’s one your left.” She explained with a smile.

“Thanks.” Angie said returning the smile before quickly turning towards the elevator.
She stopped for a moment outside the door of David’s room and took a deep breath. Slowly her hand reached out and opened the door. On the other side David was led in the bed. He looked up as she entered, a smile appearing on his bruise face.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here Angel.” He said smugly, slowly pushing himself to be sat up on the bed. As well as the bruises on his face, there was a bandage around his head; his right hand was also bandaged and she was sure that the rest of his body was severely bruised also.

“Don’t call me that.” she said coldly as she closed the door behind her.

“I knew you still cared for me Angel, if you didn’t you wouldn’t have come.” He continued ignoring her request.

“I don’t give a fuck about you David, when will you realise that?” she retorted, her anger rising as David only chuckled in reply.

“No, you’re the one that needs to realise that you and me belong together. We love each other Angel.”

“No, David, I don’t love you. I am not here because I care for you or any shit like that. I’m here to try and get Brian out of trouble.” She spat edging closer to the bed.

“And how can I help get him out of trouble? And why should I? I’m lucky to be alive after the beating he gave me. He deserves to rot in prison for what he did.” David replied calmly.

“Are you fucking kidding me? You were about to rape me, all Brian did was protect me and gave you what you deserved.” She replied angrily.

“Rape you? Angel, I would never rape you, we were going to make love.” He replied.

“Fuck you really are delusional aren’t you? Have you completely forgotten why I left Denver in the first place? I still have the fucking scars from the last time you raped me.” she yelled.

“Angel, please, don’t say things like that, I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you.” he said. Angie swallowed back the lump that had formed in her throat and nodded.

“Okay then, if that’s true, if you really wouldn’t do anything to hurt me, drop the charges against Brian.” she said calmly.

“Why does him being arrested for beating me up hurt you?” David asked.

“Because he doesn’t deserve it, all he wanted to do was protect me. And it’s killing me thinking of him locked away because of Me.” she replied.

“You care a lot for him?” David asked suddenly sounding serious.

“Yes I do, and I know he cares a lot about me too. Listen David, I’m sorry about what happened between us. I was wrong to lead you to believe that what we had was more than just a bit of fun. I’m sorry that you left Elaine and Luke for me when I didn’t want you to, I really am, but I’ve moved on now, I’m with Brian and we’re happy together.” she explained slowly, willing to say anything if it meant getting the charges dropped against Brian.

David was silent for a long moment as he seemed to consider what she’d said. “Okay, if he really means that much to you, I will drop the charges.”

“Thank you David, really thank you, this means so much to me.” she began feeling a wave of relief wash over her.

“Wait, not so fast, if I’m going to do this for you, then there’s something that you can do in return.” He replied.

Angie’s breath caught in her throat. Of course it wouldn’t be that easy. “What?” she asked, dreading his reply.

“I’ve missed you, missed being with you, making love to you. You were always so…well we always had fun didn’t we? I want that again, one last time.” He said calmly with a smirk on his lips.

“I want me to…” she began, almost gagging on the words she was trying to say.

“I want us to make love to each other one more time.” He clarified.

Angie was silent and still for a moment before she slowly nodded her head. “Okay, if you call the police and get the charges dropped I will –“

“Oh no, I’ll only drop the charges after we’ve made love.” David interrupted her with a shake of his head. Again Angie was silent for a short moment, taking a deep breath before nodding her head slowly.

“Okay, okay we’ll do it your way. Stuart has got work in an hour, come over then.” She said quietly hating every word that past her lips. The sheer thought of being closer to him like that made her skin crawl, but if that’s what it took for him to drop the charges against Brian then it would be worth it.

“Good girl, I’ll see you in an hour or so. It’ll just be like old times.” He replied with a smug smile that made Angie sick to her stomach.

She nodded, afraid that if she opened her mouth to talk she would projectile vomit, and left the room. She quickly made her way back out to the parking lot where Stuart was still sat in the Escalade.

“Did you see him?” he asked as she got in.

“Yeah. It was no good.” She lied starting the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. “He’s fucking delusional and doesn’t believe he’s ever done anything wrong.”

“So we’ve just got to hope that the cops are willing to take your statement into consideration and realise that he only did it to protect you?” Stuart replied with a sigh. She nodded, not wanting to speak. She hated lying to Stuart and he could usually tell when she was doing so. They drove the rest of the way home in silence, Angie trying not to think about what she’d agreed to do.

“Are you going to be okay on your own? I can call in sick if you want.” He said as they walked into the house.

“No I’ll be fine. I’m just going to hang out here, grab something to eat, I’m starving.” She rambled quietly.

“Okay, if you’re sure. I better go get ready then.” She smiled and nodded as she watched him disappear into his bedroom.

As Stuart got ready to go to work, Angie tried to eat something, but the thought of what she would be doing in an hour left her pushing the plate of toast away from her with a sickening feeling rising from her stomach. The best she managed to do was take a few small sips of coffee.

Once Stuart had left for work she found herself pacing around the living room, nervously biting her fingernails. As the time ticked slowly by she started to hope that the doctors had refused to discharge him or that the police would turn up wanting her to give a formal statement about what happened.

But then there was a knock at the door and her heart beat quickened, knowing that it was him. She took a deep breath and walked across to the door, her hand shaking as she reached to place her hand on the handle.

“Hey beautiful.” He greeted with a smug smile.

“Hey.” she whispered standing back to allow him to walk in.

“You could at least smile.” he said turning to face her as she closed the door behind him.

She forced a smile onto her lips as he took a step closer to her. She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath as she felt his hands rest on her hips, his warm breath on her cheek before his lips gently brushed against hers.

“Why don’t we go make ourselves a little more comfortable?” he whispered suggestively, taking hold of her hand before turning and leading her to her bedroom.

Wishing that she’d spent the past half an hour downing a bottle of Jack, Angie allowed David to slowly remove her clothes as he ushered her backwards onto her bed.

She kept her eyes shut as he began to trail his lips over her exposed body, concentrating on the faint hint of Brian that she could smell on her sheets. Tears slipped down her cheeks as she felt him slip two fingers into her. Not so long ago she had enjoyed and craved the feeling of his lips and fingers on her body, ached for him to touch her and for him to be inside her. Now every touch made her cringe, the smell of his cologne and his breath made her want to vomit.

She felt even sicker as she felt her body betray her, reacting positively to his touch, twitching as she felt her walls close around his fingers. All she could do as he pushed slowly into her was keep telling her self that she was doing this to get Brian back.

A gasp passed her lips as she tightened around him, her body trembling slightly as he pulsated inside her. He kissed her fiercely on her lips before he pulled out of her. More tears spilled down her cheeks as she pulled the bed sheet up around her body.

“I guess I better go to the police station hadn’t I?” he said smugly as he got dressed. She continued to lay in silence as he leaned across to press his lips to hers before leaving the bed room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all who read, comment and subscribe to this story :) More as always welcome :)