Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 20

No sooner as she heard the front door close behind David, Angie got off the bed, and hastily made her way to the bathroom. Tears stung her eyes as she turned on the shower and climbed into the cubicle. The steaming hot water cascaded over her body leaving her skin red when she finally stepped out and wrapped a towel around her body.

She quickly dried herself and went back to her room to get dressed. Once she was dressed she frantically stripped the sheets off her bed and quickly bundled them into the washing machine, turning it to the hottest setting before returning to put fresh clean purple satin bed sheets on her bed.

She stood staring at the bed for a long time wondering if what she had done had been the right thing to do. Would David really go to the police and drop the charges? Was she really naïve enough to believe that would be the end of it?

"Fuck what have I done?'' she yelled turning and racing towards the front door. She had to get back to the police station and make them listen to her about why Brian had done what he had. She stopped abruptly as she pulled open the front door, over come with emotion at the sight of Brian in front of her, his hand raised to knock.

"Hey, its okay, Shh.'' he said, wrapping his large arms around her body as she began to sob uncontrollably. “I’m okay. He’s dropped the charges.”

She looked up at him, relief washing over her as she realised that David had kept his word. “It’s over?”

“Unless you want to press charges against him for what he did to you.” Brian said quietly.

“No, I can’t. if I do then he might change his mind about you, and it might mean a court case and I just want him out of our lives Brian. I don’t want him hanging around any more.” She rambled.

“Okay, if you’re sure.” He replied gently ushering them into the house, closing the door.

"I'm sorry Bri; this is all my fault.'' she sobbed.

"No it's not babe, don't ever think that. It's his fault.'' he said calmly.

“You could have gone to prison because of me.” she replied pulling away from his strong embrace.

“Baby listen to me. None of this is your fault. Do you hear me?” he said taking a gentle hold of her shoulders and looking into her tear glazed eyes. “It would have been his fault if I had gone to prison.”

“But if it wasn’t for me-“

“No! If he hadn’t of tried to hurt you, I wouldn’t have needed to stop him.” he interrupted sternly. She nodded as his hand came down to cup her cheek and wipe away the tears.

“Anyway, you’re worth it.” He said softly with a small hint of a chuckle.

“No I’m not.” She replied with a small shake of her head as she stared into his dark brow eyes.

“Yes you are. And I’d do it all over again.” he replied with a small smile working its way onto his lips.

“Really?” she asked with a small smile of her own creeping onto her lips.

“Yes. Angie I’d do anything for you. I love you.” he replied, her breath catching in her throat, unsure if she’d heard him correctly.

“You, you l-love me?” she stuttered.

“More than I ever thought possible.” He replied with a smirk, leaning down to press his lips softly against hers.

“I love you too.” she whispered against his lips, closing her eyes as she felt him smirk against her before slowly moving his lips against hers. She let a soft moan escape past her lips as his tongue slipped past and entwined playfully with hers.

“You don’t know how happy you’ve just made Me.” he said after he’s pulled slowly away from her, his hand gently brushing damp hair away from her face.

“Oh I can imagine.” She replied, smiling playfully as she looked up into his eyes again.

“Now, didn’t I promise someone Pancakes earlier?” he asked. “I’m starving.”

“Actually, now that you mention it, I haven’t eaten anything all day neither.” She replied. “I think I have mix in the cupboard.”

“Actually, I was thinking we could got to IHOP and grab some proper pancakes. We could make it our twentieth date.” He suggested.

“That sounds perfect.” She replied leaning up to peck his lips.

“Come on then.” He said taking hold of her hand a turning towards the door.

“No, Brian wait. I can’t go out like this. I need to get changed.” She said gently tugging him back towards her room.

“What? No baby you look fine.” He protested.

“Bri I wouldn’t feel comfortable like this. I’ll be five minutes I promise.” She replied pecking his cheek briefly before disappearing into her room.

She quickly changed into the outfit she’d bought for their twentieth date and added a touch of make up to her face. She then quickly ran a brush through her damp hair and tied it into a ponytail.

“Wow, you look…”

“A little overdressed for IHOP? Yeah I know, but I bought this especially for out twentieth date and I’m not going to let it go to waste.” She said.

“Baby, you look fucking awesome. Not that you didn’t look good in sweats but, well, damn!” he replied his eyes running appreciatively over her body.

“Thanks. Now come on, I’m starving.” She replied taking hold of his hand and leading him out to his car.

~~~

“Oh, I don’t know whether to have the New York Cheesecake ones or the Choc Chip ones?” Angie whined as she looked over the menu.

“Well I want the Chocolate chip ones anyway, so why don’t you get the New York ones and we can share?” Brian suggested. She looked up at him, contemplating his suggestion for a moment.

“Half each of each others?” she questioned.

“Of course you could get both if you really wanted to.” he said quickly, sensing that she didn’t want to share. “It’s my treat after all.”

“You won’t think I’m a fat bitch?” she questioned.

“Of course not baby. Now shall I order two lots of the choc chip and one New York Cheesecake?” he asked.

“And a Sprite please.” She added with a smile.

“Coming right up.” he said with a wink before making his way over to the counter to place their order.

“”Oh my God Brian, you have to try these, they’re Heavenly.” She exclaimed as she took her first mouthful of the pancakes, putting some more onto her fork and holding it out for Brian.

“What? You’re actually going to share?” he teased.

“Hey, do you want the fucking pancakes or not?” she replied with a smile, pulling the fork back slightly.

“Sorry.” He replied softly, taking a gentle hold of her hand and pulling the fork towards his mouth.

“Good aren’t they?” she asked quietly as she watched him nod.

“Indeed they are.” He replied with a smile and a lick of his lips.

“What’s that look for Haner?” she asked not missing the way Brian’s eyes were roaming hungrily over her body.

“Hmm? Oh I was just thinking.” He replied returning his attention to his pancakes.

“That sounds dangerous.” She teased turning back to her own pancakes.

“Hey!” he teasingly warned.

“So what were you thinking?” she asked before another bite of her pancakes.

“Well, I was just wondering, with this being our twentieth date and everything…although with all that’s gone on if you need some more-“

Angie stopped his ramble pressing her lips fiercely onto his. “I don’t need any more time. I’ve waited long enough.” She whispered against his lips. “Now eat up, you’re going to need the extra energy.”

A small growl echoed in Brian’s throat as he pecked her lips as he turned back to his pancakes. “Not so fast, you’ll give yourself indigestion.” Angie laughed.

Once they were back at Angie’s place she took hold of Brian’s hand and led him slowly to her bedroom. Their lips found each other in a slow, passionate kiss as their hands roamed each other’s bodies, slowly beginning to remove items of clothing.

In just their underwear, Brian ushered her backwards onto the freshly made bed. His hands roamed her bare body as hers entwined in his hair. Slowly his lips edged their way down her body, his fingers wrapping around the thin red lace of her thong.

“Brian!” she called suddenly causing him to lift his head.

“Too fast?” he asked with concern.

“No, but um. I haven’t got any…protection.” She replied with a blush.

“Shit! Um, I think I’ve got some at my place…” he said pushing himself off the bed.

“Wait, Stuart might have some, I’ll go check.” She replied getting off the bed and disappearing across the hallway into Stuart’s room. she retrieved some condoms and turned to head back to her room, stopping abruptly at the sound of the front door opening.

“Oh Good God!” Stuart yelled.

“Hey Stu…um…” she replied with a faint smile, her cheeks burning with redness.

“What are you…?” he asked as Brian appeared in the bedroom doorway.

“I um, needed some, uh..” she mumbled holding up the condoms.

“Oh! Well um, in that case I’ll leave you two to it for a couple of hours.” He replied with a wink and a smirk before turning to leave.

As the front door closed behind him, Angie turned back to face Brian with a smile on her face. “Found some.” She said playfully.

“Come here you.” he replied with a smirk holding out his hand, pulling her gently towards him with a playful glint in his eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
So David did the decent thing for once...but is that really the last we'll see of him?

Thanks to everyone who's reading, subscribed to and commented on this story, you guys are awesome! :)
Promoting time now! I think you should all go and check out This Story No arguments! Just go and read and subscribe!

For anyone reading my other stories don't expect an update until at least Monday as I'm away in New York until then! :)

Angie