Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 21

Angie sat on the bar stool at the end of the bar and slipped off her glasses to massage her temple as she felt a headache trying to push it’s way towards her forehead. She’d been trying to concentrate of working out her staff rotas, trying to take her mind off what she had to ask Brian when he turned up. She was hoping that he wouldn’t take it the wrong way but she couldn’t be sure.

“You okay baby?” Brian’s quiet voice made her jump. “Sorry babe didn’t mean to sneak up on you.”

“Hey, its okay, I’ve just got a headache coming.” she replied with a smile as he leaned across and pressed his lips against her cheek.

“Stressful day?” he asked and she nodded as he manoeuvred himself so that he was stood between her legs, his forehead resting against hers.

“Need relaxing?” he whispered seductively with a playful glint in his brown eyes and a smirk creeping across his thin lips. She nodded again and quickly found his lips pressed against her lips, parting them to allow his tongue to slip into her mouth and entangle with hers. Her hands slipped around his waist as his rested on her hips.

She moaned softly as his lips began to slowly trace her jaw line, her eyes fluttering shut briefly. “Babe I need to talk to you about something.” she whispered.

“Talk away.” he murmured against her neck. She moaned again, her thoughts lost as she inhaled his intoxicating scent.

“For fucks sake, they just get worse don’t they?” Matt’s voice boomed bringing Angie quickly back to reality, gently pushing Brian away from her causing a groan slip pass his lips.

“At least you don’t have to put up with it at home too.” Stuart replied to Matt’s question.

“Shut up Stuart! We’re not that bad!” Angie replied feeling herself blush.

“And anyway, we spend most nights at mine so you don’t have to listen to us.” Brian said with a smile.

“Like that makes a difference.” Stuart replied with a chuckle. “I’ve got to sleep with the window shut to try and block out the noise.”

Angie quickly hid her reddened face into Brian’s chest feeling it vibrate as he chuckled. “Don’t be embarrassed baby, I like it.” He whispered kissing the top of her head.

“Matt can you take care of things up here? I need to discuss stuff with Brian in the office.” She said turning to face Matt.

“Discuss things.” Matt replied, air quoting the words. “You know you can say you’re going to fuck him on the office desk. We all know you’ve done it before.”

Again Angie found her face heating up as she blushed, a smile appearing on her lips as she remembered the events from the previous Saturday night.

“Actually, just this once, I do have something I need to discuss with him.” she replied with a confident smile before taking hold of Brian’s hand and leading him quickly towards the office.

No sooner than she could let them into the office, Brian spun her around and pushed her up against the door, slamming it shut as his lips once again found hers. His hands tugged at the hem of her shirt as his lips slowly began to make their way to her neck once again.

“Babe, stop, this is important.” She whispered as he nipped gently at the soft skin of her neck.

A small disgruntled growl escaped his thin lips as he pulled away. “What’s wrong?”

“I’ve got to talk to you about work.” She sighed. Brian’s eyebrows knitted together with confusion.

“Work?” Angie nodded as she moved away from the door and perched on the edge of the large desk.

“Babe, I was hoping that there would be some way that I could have a change in security?” she asked nervously biting her lower lip.

“Why? Have one of the guys done something? Cam isn’t trying it on with anyone is he?” he asked.

“No, it’s nothing like that. Cam and Matt are fine.” She replied. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but um, well it’s actually you-“

“Me? Babe what have I done?” he asked with utter confusion.

“Nothing babe I promise. It’s just that, well, you kind of, well, distract me.” she replied with a faint smile.

“Distract you?” Brian repeated.

“Yeah, um, I’ve noticed that since we’ve…started being more…physical in our relationship, well, I’m not getting as much work done as I should be. I’ve had to spend the day catching up with a shit load of stuff.” She replied quietly.

“Really? Shit, I’m sorry babe.” He replied taking a step closer to her.

“It’s not that I don’t like the distraction obviously, it’s just that I don’t want to lose my job, and I
thought that maybe it would be for the best if you worked at a different bar.” She replied.

“I guess it would be a good idea. Do you have any preferences about which of the guys you want?” he asked.

“Well, I was thinking, maybe Zacky? That way you’ll only be a block away if I need you.” she replied with a smile.

“I like that idea.” He said with a small smirk as he stood in front of her. “I’ll head over to talk to him once I’ve finished here.”

“And what exactly have you got to finish here?” Angie asked with smile.

“Well, I was thinking that I could distract you one last time.” He replied before pressing his lips firmly against hers, his tongue slipping between her parted lips, sliding over hers. His hands played with the hem of her shirt as he slowly and gently pushed her backwards so that he could lower her onto the large desk.

~~~

“See this is why I keep a make up bag in the office.” Angie said twenty minutes later as she redid her hair in the mirror before reapplying a thin layer of lip gloss.

“Hmmm, yeah. You know you’re going to have to allow me to come and distract you at least once a week.” Brian replied as he stood behind her adjusting his perfect mess of black hair.

“I think we can manage that. I guess I’ll just have to make sure I get everything done before hand.” She replied turning around and pecking his lips. She reached up, her thumb gently rubbing the plum lip gloss off his lips as they looked into each others eyes.

“I love you.” she whispered.

“I love you too baby.” He replied kissing her forehead. “But I guess we better get back to work.”

She nodded and he took hold of her hand, leading her back towards the bar where Stuart was talking to Matt.

“Well that was a long discussion.” Matt said with a smirk as they came to stand next to him.

“Well there were some things that needed clarifying.” Angie said with a smirk.

“Is the desk still intact?” Stuart asked.

“Thankfully it’s solid oak, so it withstands quite a bit.” Brian said kissing her cheek. “Right baby I better go. I’ll send Zacky straight over.”

“Cool, are you picking me up later?” she asked.

“Of course. I’ll see you later baby; Love you.” he said before leaving a lingering kiss on her lips.

“Love you too.” she replied softly, not taking her eyes off him as he walked out of the bar.

“You know, if it wasn’t so sickening it’d actually be kinda cute.” Stuart said pulling a face.

“What?” Angie said pulling her attention away from where she’d been watching Brian.

“Ignore him babe. I think you two are great together.” Matt said with a dimpled smile.

“You do?” she asked, an uncontrollable smile appearing on her lips.

“Yeah of course. And I’ve not seen Brian this happy before, even when he was dating Aimee.” He said.

“Really?” she asked her smile widening.

“Really. He loves you.” Matt replied pulling her into a side hug.

“So what’s wrong with him anyway?” she asked nodding her head in the direction of where Stuart had been distracted by a message on his phone.

“Nothing now, he’s text me back.” He said with a beaming smile.

“What? Who?” she exclaimed.

“Marcus.” Matt replied fluttering his eyelashes at Stuart.

“Who’s Marcus?” Angie shrieked.

“He’s just this guy I’ve been kind of seeing for the past couple of weeks.” Stuart replied with a smug smile.

“What? Why haven’t you told me about him?” she demanded.

“Because we haven’t really seen each other properly.” Stuart replied. “You spend all your time either here, with Brian, at Brian’s or here with Brian locked in the office or the cellar.”

“Shit, I’m sorry, we really haven’t hung out, just the two of us in ages have we?” she replied with a pout.

“I know, but I get it, you’re just in that part of the relationship with Brian where you want to be with each other all the time and fuck him every chance you get. And I don’t blame you, I would too.” he replied with a smile.

“I still love you though.” She replied with a smile.

“Yeah I know, but you’ve got to be honest, I’ve been shunted off the top of the list now.” he replied.

“No!” Angie protested shaking her head.

“Oh yeah? Okay, Brian and I are trapped in a burning building and you can only choose one of us. Who do you rescue?” he asked with raised eyebrows.

“Oh No! You can’t do that to me, that’s just not fair! I love you both! I, I um, I choose Matt.” She said hugging Matt tightly.

“Yeah you do.” Matt said smugly slipping his huge arms around her small waist.

“Stu I’m sorry, but I’ll make some time for us to hang out together this week I promise.” She said remaining in Matt’s arms.

“It’s okay sweetie. How about tomorrow evening, we’re both off right?” he asked and she nodded.

“It’s a date. Just you and me, a bag of cookies and a bottle of Jack.” She replied.

“And no cell phones.” He said and again she nodded.

“Sup dudes?” Zacky asked appearing next to them.

“Hey Zacky.” Angie replied with a warm smile.

“Okay, what’s going on?” Matt asked.

“Oh um, Brian and Zacky are swapping venues. Zack’s going to be working here from now on.” Angie replied.

“What? Seriously?” Matt asked.

“Yep. Brian and I both agreed that it would be for the best. I was getting for too distracted with him being here.” She explained with a blush.

“Really? You mean you’ve kicked him out?” Matt replied with a deep chuckle.

“No! Not at all! Now shouldn’t you be checking IDs?” she said defensively as she pulled herself out of his embrace.

“Hey, you’re the one who’s been holding me here.” He defended with a smile. “Just because you’ve kicked Brian out, don’t you be thinking I’ll replace him.”

“Ew, as if Sanders! I have some standards you know.” she called after him as he and Zack made their way towards the door.

“Say’s the girl fucking Haner!” he retorted with a wink. She stuck up her middle finger at him with a smile as she walked around the bar to serve a customer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler! Sorry guys!
The thing is, with this story, although I know roughly where I'm heading with it I'm kinda making it up as I go along :) (Especially between this chapter and the end)
Anyway, comments as always will be greatly appreciated :)

Angie