Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 22

Stuart rolled his eyes as he entered the living room with a bowl of chips, two glasses and a bottle of wine. “Anyone would think he was going off to war or something.” he muttered loudly.

With an embarrassed smile gracing her lips Angie slowly pulled away from Brian, earning a groan from him.

“Babe, ignore him, you’re spending the entire night with him.” Brian whined with a pout.

“Babe, don’t be such a baby.” She whispered as she leaned up and kissed his pouting lip.

“But you’re kicking me out. It’s my night off too.” he whined causing her to giggle.

“I know, and its okay, it’s only for tonight. I still love you.” she replied in a mocking sympathetic tone. “And I tell you what, to make up for it, I’ll spend all of tomorrow morning with you.”

As a smile worked its way onto Brian’s thin lips she leaned up to whisper into his ear. “In bed.”

A low growl rattled in Brian’s throat as he pulled her close to him again and kissed her forcefully on the lips.

“Love you baby.” He whispered against her lips.

“Love you too.” she replied with a smile.

“Okay, now that you two have been surgically removed from each other for the night, would you like a glass of wine?” Stuart asked as the door closed behind Brian.

“Please. And make it a large one.” She replied as she walked over to the sofa. Stuart poured them each a glass, passing her one as they sat at either end of the sofa.

“Okay then, this Marcus guy! I want details now! Spill!” she ordered with a smile.

“Well, he’s a little taller than me, green eyes and light brown hair and he’s got a body to die for. Like Matt’s but with fewer tattoos.” He began with a growing smile.

“Sounds sexy. So how did you meet?” she replied reaching for some chips.

“At the gym. All those early morning finally paid off. He came over to me one morning and started talking to me about weights and stuff.” He replied.

“And then….?” She asked eagerly.

“Well, we spent a few days just talking, and then it progressed into flirting and then after about a week of that I asked if he wanted to get some lunch after our work out.” he replied with a large smile. “We spent over two hours just talking and stuff.”

“Awww” Angie cooed.

“I know! Anyway, after that, we exchanged numbers and we started going to the gym at the same time everyday and getting a coffee or something to eat afterwards.” He replied with a sly smirk.

“Just coffee?” she asked with a knowing smile.

“Well, you know me…” he replied.

“Yeah I do! So how many coffees did you have before you fucked him?” she asked with a giggle.

“Six.” He replied sheepishly.

“You slut.” She laughed.

“Fuck it! He’s fucking amazing and hung like an elephant!” he replied with a shrug.

Angie sprayed the wine she’d just drunk out over the sofa, some of it reaching Stuart, at the realisation of what he’d just said. “Really?”

“Oh hell yeah! He’s huge and he knows what he’s doing with it!” he replied proudly.

“Well that’s always a bonus!” Angie giggled taking a sip of wine.

“And that’s about it!” he said taking a handful of chips.

“Aw Hun, it’s really nice to see you happy. Maybe he’ll be your one.” She replied with a smile.

“Maybe.” Stuart replied not so convincingly.

“Why don’t you sound so sure?” she asked.

“I am.” He replied defensively.

“Stuart I know you! Something’s not quite right is it?” she questioned.

“Okay, but you’ve got to promise not to freak out or anything. I still really like him.” he replied.

“Okay, I promise. Now what is it?” she replied putting down her glass on wine.

“He’s married.” He said shyly.

“Married!” she yelled.

“Yes.” he replied simply.

“So is he gay or straight?” she asked.

“He’s gay. He’s just only realised it in the last six months.” he replied.

“So is he going to leave his wife?” she asked.

“Yeah, he is actually. He said he doesn’t want to live the lie anymore.” He replied.

“Let me guess, he’s just waiting for the right time.” She replied.

“Don’t start Ang.” Stuart warned.

“I’m sorry; I hope for your sake that he’s being honest. I don’t want you getting hurt.” She replied apologetically.

“I know, and I can understand why but I trust him when he says he will.” He replied. “I want to believe that I really have found the one.”

“If he truly makes you happy I hope he is too.” she replied with a smile.

“Thanks.” He replied. “So is Brian your one?”

“Yeah, I really think he is.” She replied with a large smile spreading across her face. “I know I’ve never felt like this about anyone else.”

“Aw Hun, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this happy with anyone before neither. And I know he feels the same about you. I mean it’s pretty obvious.” He replied.

“He does doesn’t he.” She replied grinning happily.

“Oh hell yes! He’s fallen for you hook line and sinker. And I’m telling you now it won’t be long before he’ll ask you to move in with him, or even marry him.” he replied.

“You really think?” she asked.

“Honey, he’s in love with you. It’s only a matter of time before he’ll ask for the relationship to progress in some way. Trust me.” he replied. “And let’s face it; you’re spending more time at his place than here these days.”

“True. But I promise you now, that I’m not going to neglect you anymore. From now on, we are going to hang out like this at least once a week okay.” she replied.

“Sounds good to me.” he replied.

“Okay, so I suggest we raise our glasses.” She replied taking hold of her wine glass and raising it out in front of her. “To best friends and not letting sexy, well hung guys getting between us again.”

“Damn straight. Best friends forever.” Stuart announced clinking his glass with Angie’s.

~~~~~

“Right, I think I should head to bed. I’ve got to be up early in the morning to meet Marcus.” Stuart announced three bottles of wine later.

“Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Anymore wine would be a bad idea; I’ve promised Brian I’ll spend the morning with him as well and hangover sex isn’t my favourite.” She replied finishing the last drop of her wine.

“Didn’t need to know that sweetie.” He replied as they both stood from the sofa.

“Sorry.” She replied quietly.

“That’s okay.” he replied pulling her into a hug. “Good night sweetie. I’ve had a really nice night.”

“Me too. Good night.” She replied. He kissed her forehead before they made their way to their bedrooms.

Angie crawled into her bed and turned her cell back on as she pulled the sheet over her body. She smiled as a single message came through.

“Good night beautiful. Love you. Xxx”

“Love you too babe. Good night. Xxx” she replied with a smile on her face.

She slipped her phone under her pillow and closed her eyes in an attempt to get to sleep.

After almost an hour of failing to get comfortable she grabbed her phone and made her way out to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water before heading quietly out onto the patio. As she took a seat she looked over at Brian’s house her eyes instantly falling on his bedroom window. However they didn’t linger there long as the light on in his kitchen caught her eye. Furrowing her eyebrows she stood and walked over to the bench, standing on it to get a better look. As she stretched her neck to see over the fence a small light caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. She looked and realised that it was the tip of a lit cigarette.

“Hey.” she said quietly making Brian jump.

“Fuck, you scared the shit out of me. How long have you been there?” he asked looking up at her.

“Sorry, I’ve only been here a couple of seconds. What are you doing out here?” she replied.

“Could ask you the same thing?” he replied with a chuckle.

“Can’t sleep.” she replied truthfully.

“Me neither.” He replied as he pulled his chair over to the fence and stood on it. He reached over and kissed her lips briefly. “This is going to sound pretty lame, but I think I need you in my bed.”

“Aw, that’s not lame, that’s pretty sweet really.” She replied quietly kissing him again.

“You don’t think it’s pathetic that I can’t spend a night without you?” he replied.

“Not at all. Anyway why didn’t you text me back if you were still awake?” she asked.

“I thought you may have gone straight to sleep.” he replied quietly.

“Well I didn’t. And you know what, I think it maybe the same reason as you.” she replied.

“Really? Nothing to do with the fact that you’re drunk right now then?” he replied with a chuckle.

“I’m not drunk! And yes, I think I’m so use to sleeping with you next to me now I’m finding it hard to sleep without you.” she replied.

“Do you want to come over then?” he asked with a smirk.

“I thought you were never going to ask. Go and open your front door.” she replied quickly kissing his lips before jumping down off the bench.

She made her way around to his front door, finding him waiting for her when she arrived.

“So did you and Stu have a good night?” he asked as he took hold of her hand, locking the front door before leading her to his bedroom.

“Yeah we did actually.” She replied with a smile.

“Did you find out anything about this Marcus guy?” he asked as they lay in bed, Brian snaking his arm around her slender waist and pulling her closer to his chest.

“Of course! They met at the gym, he sounds very attractive and is apparently good in bed!” she replied with a yawn.

“They’ve already slept together?” Brian asked.

“Yep! Stuart doesn’t hang around. And apparently Marcus is very blessed and knows what he’s doing.” She replied with a grin.

“Oh Really? So you found out quiet a bit about him then?” he replied with a chuckle. “Anything else?”

“Yeah, he’s married.” She replied nonchalantly.

“Married?” Brian yelled.

“Yeah, I’ll explain everything in the morning. I need sleep.” she replied running her hand up his bicep as she closed her eyes. “Good night babe.”

“Sweet dreams beautiful.” He replied kissing her forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason I kept on getting distracted when writing this update, but finally it's here!
Thanks as always to everyone who reads, comments and subscribes to this story! More though are always appreciated! :)

Angie