Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 23

A relentless pounding in her head woke Angie causing her to push her face further into the pillow with a groan.

“You okay babe?” Brian’s soft voice met her ears. She turned her head slightly, opening one eye to look at him.

“When will I ever learn that wine gives me the fucking motherfucker of all hangovers?” she muttered, each word seemingly echoing within her head.

“Do you want some Advil or something?” he asked quietly.

“Yes please.” She replied meekly.

“I’ll be back in a second.” He whispered, briefly kissing her forehead before getting out of bed. He returned moments later with a bottle of water and two small white tablets.

“Thank you.” she replied huskily as she sat up, quickly putting the tablets into her mouth and washing them down with a sip of water.

She placed the bottle on the nightstand before lying back down next to Brian who drew her closer to him, wrapping his tattooed arms around her gently. She placed her head against his bare chest and closed her eyes, listening to the rhythmic sound of his heart.

“So this Marcus dude is married huh?” he asked quietly.

“Hmm? Oh yeah, apparently he’s only admitted to himself a few months back that he’s attracted to men and he hasn’t had the guts to tell his wife yet.” She replied.

“Do you think he ever will?” he asked sceptically.

“Stuart seems to think so, and I hope for his sake he does. Stuart can get attached to guys very quickly. That’s why he sleeps with them after only a few dates! And I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already in love with the guy.” She explained as he began to draw circles on the bare skin of her arm.

“Really? Wow.” He said.

“Yeah, when Stuart falls he falls quickly and hard.” She replied.

“Then I hope Marcus is telling him the truth.” He replied.

“Yep, cos I’d hate to have to beat his ass into next year.” She replied with a hint of anger. Brian kissed her forehead as they slipped into a comfortable silence.

“You know, I was thinking last night.” Brian began quietly.

“Do you need some Advil?” she asked with a grin, lifting her head to look up at him.

“You think you’re so funny don’t you?” he asked after a short pause, and began to tickle her.

“Don’t think it. Know it.” She replied through laughter.

“Anyway, what I was going to say. I was thinking about my inability to sleep and how to solve that problem.” He said becoming serious again.

“And what would that be?” she asked.

“Well, I was thinking maybe you could like move in with Me.” he replied nervously blushing.

“Really?” she asked with a broad smile filtering onto her lips.

“Yeah. I mean you sleep here most nights anyway…” he stated.

“That’s true.” She replied simply.

“So you’ll move in?” he asked hopefully.

“Yeah I will.” She replied smiling. “I guess Stuart was right.”

“Why? What did he say?” Brian asked with a look of confusion.

“We were talking last night and he said that he thought it wouldn’t be too long before our
relationship progressed.” She explained.

“Well, he did make a passing comment last week about you may as well be living here, and I agreed.” He said with a smile. “So when are you going to move in?”

“Whenever you can help me move my stuff from next door.” she replied. “We can start this morning if you like.”

“Oh hell no!” he replied, rolling over so that she was led on her back. “You’re not going anywhere. You promised me a morning in bed.”

“You can start making room for your stuff if you like.” Brian said as he got dressed as Angie watched from his bed.

“Or I may just lay here and wait for you to come home.” she replied with a playful glint in her eyes.

“Don’t do that to me.” he replied gazing at her with hungry eyes. “How am I supposed to concentrate on this meeting thinking you’re led there waiting for me?”

“Can’t you get one of the other guys to go to the meeting?” she asked suggestively.

“I wish, but I’ve really got to go to this one.” He replied with a pout.

“Okay then, maybe I’ll get up and sort a few things out here, maybe even start moving some stuff, and then we can have a take out later and celebrate moving in together.” she replied, sitting up on her knees at the edge of the bed.

“That sounds like a pretty good plan to me.” he replied as he wrapped his arms around her sheet covered waist and kissed her lips. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” she murmured against his lips before he pulled away, kissed her forehead and left.

She watched him leave before getting out of bed and heading for a shower. She then got dressed before beginning to make room for her stuff in the bedroom. After doing all she could she went back over to her house and began to sort out some essentials to move permanently over to Brian’s.

As she gathered up her make up there was knock at the door, so she quickly dropped her eyeliner into her bag and headed out to answer it, totally unprepared for who she found standing on the door step.

“Hello Angel.” David said with a sickening smile.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” she asked backing nervously away from the door as he stepped into the house.

“I thought I’d come and see how you are.” He replied.

“I’m fine. So you can leave now.” she replied nervously.

“Oh come on now Angel, you were always so happy to see me.” he replied calmly.

“Please stop calling me that. I hate it when people call me Angel!” she spat.

“But that’s what you’ll always be to me. My Angel.” He said. “But I really came here to say good bye.”

Angie stared at him, not sure if she’d heard him correctly. “Good bye?”

“Yeah, if you really want me gone, I’ll go.” He replied.

“What’s the catch?” she asked suspiciously.

“Oh you know me too well.” He said with a chuckle. “If I’m gonna do something for you, you’ve gotta do something for me. Something to remember you by.”

“You want me to…” she stuttered.

“If you want me out of your life, to stay away from you and your boyfriend, we’re going to have to have sex one last time.” He clarified.

“No. I can’t. I’m with Brian. I love him and I’m not going to do this to him.” she replied sternly.

“You managed okay the other week when you wanted me to drop the charges.” He replied.

“That was different. I only did that to make sure Brian didn’t go to prison.” She argued.

“Too bad. Guess I’ll be hanging around then. You know I noticed that there’s a house for rent down the street.” he replied turning to walk back out the door.

“Okay, wait. I’ll do it. Just not here.” She said following him out of the house.

“I knew you’d see sense. There’s this nice little hotel we can go to.” he said as she got into his car.

Tears of regret streamed down her face as she quickly got dressed. all she wanted to do was to get out of the hotel room and away from David.

“Just promise me one thing. Promise that this will be the last time I see you.” she pleaded.

“Never.” He replied. She nodded and turned to leave.

“I’ll miss you Angel.” He called out as she walked through the door.
she walked quickly down the corridor, tears filling her eyes as she headed towards the elevator, colliding with a tall body as she rounded the corner.

“Shit sorry.” She muttered.

“Angie? What the fuck are you doing here?”

Her heart skipped a beat at the sound of Stuarts voice. She looked up to see him stood next to another man, who she assumed was Marcus. “Honey what’s wrong?”

“I’ve…I’ve done something stupid.” She said trying to hold back more tears.

“Sweetie what is it? What…no fucking way! Angie please tell me you weren’t here with him?” he growled. She looked around to see David walking down the corridor behind her.

“I had to Stu. I needed to get him out of my life for good.” She replied.

“By fucking him?” he retorted loudly.

“Stuart please. Let me explain.” She sobbed. He was silent for a moment before turning to Marcus.

“I’m sorry babe, but I’ve got to sort stuff out with Angie. I’ll call you later.” He said with an apologetic smile.

“Of course. Go on.” He replied with a smile.

“Come on you, you’ve got a hell of a lot of explaining to do.” He replied angrily turning to leave.

“Stu I –“

“Save it until we get home Ang.” He retorted not turning to look at her.

He drove home in silence, walking straight into the kitchen and grabbing a glass out of the cupboard before pouring a glass of Jack Daniels.

“Care to explain exactly what’s been going on?” he asked pouring himself a second glass.

“He came to the house and told me that he was leaving town, but that if I wanted it to be for good I had to do some thing for him.” she began quietly.

“So you fucked him?” he retorted.

“I need him out of my life Stu. I had to do it.” She said with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“I can’t believe you’d be so stupid.” He replied. “Do you really think this is going to be the end? You’ve already given in to him once. What makes you think he won’t come back for more?”

Angie’s head dropped, her cheeks turning bright red as more tears expelled from her eyes.

“Oh my God! That wasn’t this first time was it?” he asked. Scared of lifting her head to meet his gaze she shook her head.

“Fuck Angie! How many more times were there?” he yelled.

“Only the once and that was only to get Brian released.” She yelled back.

“What was?” Brian asked, both Stuart and Angie turning to stare at him open mouthed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....comments?

Oh and I've posted a new story you should all go and check out...Another Chance To Live

Angie