Legendary

Best friends 'til the end, right? Wrong.

When the sudden split hits Fall Out Boy, Patrick Stump finds himself being the only person not ready to move on. Even with his long term girlfriend doing her best to coax him out of it and the support of his family, he's still sinking more and more into realization and more and more into depression.

The only thing he needs is a wake up call; which he's about to get, all too soon.

---

The words churned in my head. Over and over, I analyzed what Pete had just told me. Was he serious? This just has to be one of his shitty jokes; he couldn’t do this to me. No, he couldn’t, he wouldn’t.

“You…what?”

He cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. “We just think it’d be best. I mean, Joe and Marie are just trying to get their wedding planned, Ashlee and I have a family now, and Andy would really like to be more with the Fuck City guys, you know, fulltime. It’s nothing we’re sure about, but you never really expected Fall Out Boy to last forever, did you?”

“Forever? No. Longer than this? Yes, of course!” I threw my hand up in protest; even if he was going to win this one anyway. But, no Fall Out Boy? No going on tour? No being with my best friends all day, doing what I loved? It killed me, I couldn’t even think properly.

“It’s not like we’ll never see each other, Patrick. You know you’ll always be my best friend.”

“That’s not the same! Nothing will be the same.”

“I told you, nothing’s for sure. But, for now, Andy, Joe, and I have agreed. I think it’s time for a hiatus…” He paused, chewing his bottom lip. “In the least.”