Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 10: The Fight

~Kanie’s point of view~
Your whole eyeball will change into the color of coal black when you call upon magic. Whatever happens, you much never use it in front of people or they will know by looking into your eyes.
I laid my head back on the bark of the tree and closed my eyes, letting the rain wash my face. I seriously couldn’t understand what I did to have this curse placed upon me, I just wanted a normal, peaceful life, free to chose who I love and who I don’t.
Yes, the image of Jacob Black was still there as if it was chained to my mind.
I had a better idea.
The only reason I was out here was that Jacob had come pick Renesme, who was now a thirteen-year-old, up, and I didn’t want to see him. Bella wanted to confront her friend about his behavior, but I didn’t want that. I opened the door and stepped into the Cullen’s place.
Edward spotted me. This is my war, I shall handle it myself, I thought to him, and he nodded.
Jacob’s head shot up that minute and met my gaze, “What is she doing here?” he growled to Bella.
Alice came to my side, “She’s my friend.”
“She’s not to be trusted,” Jacob said
“Yes she is,” Jasper cut in and placed a hand on my shoulder. Edward looked at Jacob, “She has no intention of harming you, Jacob.”
“You don’t know that, she could be controlling her thoughts.”
“I like her!” Renesme interjected. I smiled at all of them; it was nice to have some friends in a place like this.
Jacob stared at all of us in disbelief, “Seth left us because of her,” I gasped, “It’s only a miracle that Leah hasn’t left yet,” he continued, “she is tearing our pack apart, can’t you see that?”
But I didn’t even know that Seth left!
“Seth left because you were so intent on killing her, dog,” Jasper snarled, he pushed me to Emmett softly, then positioned himself into a crouch in front of us.
Carlisle stepped in front of Jacob, “That’s enough. Let’s settle this without a fight.”
Jasper didn’t back up. I couldn’t blame him though, Jacob was muttering insufferable things under his breath.
And I didn’t blame him for jumping at Jacob next to.
The Cullens stood there, yelling at the two to stop, and trying to pull them apart, but they wouldn’t stop.
The best part about the whole thing, I didn’t have any thought of helping Jacob. That is, until my wolf-friend ran inside the house and jumped into fight, trying to stop both sides.
But a whine escaped from him only a mere second later.
The two men parted with the wolf at one side, I took my chance, “ENOUGH!” I yelled as fire sprouted from my extended fists.
I didn’t know where it came from, but an inner force in me rose and soon, it had escaped through my sides, throwing both Jacob and Jasper to the side.
No need a mirror to know that my ears were coal black, I felt it.
Alice rushed to Jasper and Bella went to Jacob, Renesme came to my side, holding a long sheet of clothe, which she draped upon the lower body of the panting wolf in front of me as Carlisle took out his emergency kit.
I didn’t need to ask, the next minute my wolf-friend had changed into Seth… and though I knew I had no right to, I felt betrayed by the fact that Seth had never bothered to show himself.
Or maybe I did have the right to think that, but it hardly mattered, what mattered was the fact Jacob know—as blood dripped from his head due to the impact—and was probably thinking about, what kind of filthy monster I was.
“Witch,” he muttered.

There were sounds of an argument going on inside the house, specifically that of Jasper’s and Alice’s.
Bella finally came out, “Are you okay?”
I nodded, “Yeah. It’s them I’m worried about”
“Alice had a vision…”
I looked at Bella. “She saw you and Jasper… getting sort of close.”
I wasn’t expecting that
“Just hugging, nothing more,” Bella said quickly.
“Then why is she so mad? It probably like a brother-sister thing,” I said.
“It’s not that… it’s the fact that you and Jasper will probably run away from Forks together.”
To say that those words hurt, would have been the understatement of the year, they pierced me word by word. The truth was; I had been considering of running away. It was obvious enough that my place wasn’t here, and the only thing holding me back was Seth.
But how did Jasper Hale even come into it, I didn’t know.
“Jasper and Alice have an eternity together, you need someone by your side and I trust Jasper,” Bella said.
“It’s not Jasper you should trust, it’s me.”
“I don’t think so.”
“I need to talk with Seth.”

That’s why I found myself in Edward’s room, where Seth was resting… or rather staring at me.
“I heard the crap that’s going on down there,” Seth said, his voice serious.
I sighed, “I just need to know Seth… if I’m worth it…”
He turned his head away, “I thought you were… but what you did to Jacob…”
“I couldn’t control it, and the fact that he was inhuman enough to want to kill me so badly did trigger my emotions.”
“Still, he’s hurt, and I can’t let anyone else get hurt that way,” he looked at me, anger clearly visible in his eyes.

~Seth’s P.O.V~
The guilt in her tone sliced me open, I hadn’t meant to make her feel responsible, but she had to understand what she had just done today.
If the words get out, she would be in danger, the Cullens would be hated—or at least Jasper will.
She should have just left to us, not insert her anger into the fight.
I finally gazed into her beautiful brown eyes, "Don't you understand? You’ve given us a reason. We have to kill you to protect us... not just us, but the vampires, the true werewolves, and the other shapshifters out there!" I paused, then added in the softest voice possible, in order to hide the pain from my tone, "Now that you know the truth about Jacob, there is no reason why you wouldn't expose us-" she looked at me incredulously, and I swore there was hurt embedded her eyes. "Yes there is," she said fiercely, and just fiercely as her tone, she kissed me...
My hand reached to her hair which she had tied up in a lose pony tail that was wet with rain water, but I didn’t care, when her mouth finally opened to me, I had her on the bed.
But then Edward’s words rang in my ears, “Even at the end, if she doesn’t have the strength, she won’t be able to pull away from Jacob just as Sara couldn’t pull away from his father for Jasper.”
And that moment, I pulled away, both knowing and not knowing that I would regret it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!!

C'mon I have like... four subscribers, but comments from only two people (both who I loovee). And I know you love me because now I have two crazy fans (Love you both - Suki and Stephanie) and five lovers, and god knows how many other admires (that's suming up everywhere I posted it)

You readers rock! Just those on mibba please comment ~_~