Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 11: Goodbye Forks

~Kanie’s P.O.V~
“I’m coming with you,” came Jasper’s protested as I grabbed my clothes and dumped them into my duffel bag.
“No, you’re not, you’re staying here with Alice,” I said.
Jasper picked up a huge Polo luggage and dumped in on the bed, “In there are things I’m bringing for you, and my things. It’s decided; Alice had the vision and I’m going with you.”
I closed the zip of my bag, and then turned to him, “Well, visions aren’t always certain.”
“You need me.”
“You’ll hurt Alice feelings,” I said.
Jasper sighed, “She’ll understand, she’s just a little sad right now, but I’ve got all eternity to beg for her forgiveness when I come back with you.”
I resumed my packing, “That’s the point, I’m not coming back.” I was too preoccupied with trying not to cry that I didn’t notice that my packing had became violent (as in I was abruptly throwing things around, yeah)
“Something happened between you and Seth, right?” Jasper grinned.
“How did you know that?” I asked before I could stop myself.
Jasper just raised a brow, “I can feel what you’re feeling, remember?”
Argh, shit, I even forgot that.
“No need to blame yourself,” Jasper said, another smile playing on the sides of his lips.
I supposed that’s why he wanted to go with me, that jerk. All he wanted to do was torture me to death instead of letting someone much better like Emmett go with me!
For a minute, I imagined how much fun I would have if I had Emmett beside me, we’d be laughing and mocking each other because we had the same kind of sense of humor.
“I don’t think Rosalie would let Emmett go,” he said with mocking contemplation, “Maybe I can’t let Edward volunteer instead?” Arrgghhh! I know damn well what you expect my answer to be, Jasper Hale! A mind reader is worse, so I’m stuck with you! Great, just murder me!
“Why can’t you let one of the girls go with me if you must keep an eye on me?” I wanted to know.
Jasper raised both of his eyebrows, a devilish grin barely visible, “Alice won’t like it. Esme needs to take care of the family. Bella has Charlie and Nessy to look after. Would you like me to ask Rosalie?”
“Over my dead body!” It was a scream, or screech rather, that sounded like none other than Rosalie’s.
“Screech?” Edward was beside me in a flash, chuckling deep and low.
“I heard that!”
I rolled my eyes, I should have known, you guys were lying about wanting to take care of me,I thought. Edwards raised his eyebrows, Well, if you truly do care about my life, why do you keep making me suffer by laughing at my thoughts in front of Rosalie? It’s not like I can help but think she’s some pigheaded, bitchy, Queen Bee!
Edward laughed again, making Jasper feel frustrated, “I wish could see what’s so amusing,” he murmured.
“Bite me,” I said, “it’s already hell that you’re coming with me.”
Jasper sighed, then changed his approach, “I wanna come,” he wailed.
What the heck? Jasper Hale wails?
Edward grinned, “He can be persuasive when he wants to be,” then he winked.
What is that supposed to mean?
The Cullen did a notion that meant he was zipping his mouth.
Yeah, make sure you do that when I have another one of my “Go Rosalie!” cheers, okay?
Cullen chuckled. “See! I can’t trust you, traitor,” I announced.
Just then, Emmett came banging in, carrying Renesme in his arms, “OK! Rosalie’s gone out for a drive, now spill! I need to know every thought you had related to her!”
“It wasn’t about her, I was just teasing your brother,” I said.
“God, I hate being left out. What did you do? Run over imaginations about Bella and Rosalie having a catfight?”
“Emmett,” Edward growled.
“C’mon, it’s a good thought! Even better is when Bella wins and Rosalie get so mad, she takes revenge out of Bell’s ‘stupid, shinny, Volvo owner’. That is, she throws your car in to outer space as first planned.” Emmett winked.
I could have sworn that drained out all the color, if any, from Edward’s face.
I looked at Jasper, and he looked back at me, then we cracked up.
The five of us spent the rest of the afternoon making jokes and laughing. That’s when I realized that the reason they supported Jasper coming with me was because they thought of me as a family… I was really, really touched… and that’s what I wanted, anyways, a family in Forks, because somehow, this has become a lot like a home.
A home that can accept the fact that I’m a monster.

~Seth’s P.O.V~ (Author's note: Sooo conflicted with himself *sigh* Oh, wait, I AM the creator of his character in this story! *hides from fans trying to murder me for making Seth a "butthead"*)
I watch from outside as Kanie laughed while Jasper spun her around and danced with her. He truly loved her, I suppose, given the history he had with the witch before her.
Even Emmett was laughing and lifting heavy objects to entertain both her and Renesme.
But what angered me most was that Edward at making her feel like home, he had no right to do that! Jacob was right all along, Kanie doesn’t belong to Forks, she was a witch.
I can’t believe I actually left the pack for her.
What am I thinking?
The truth, of course! I hadn’t imprinted on her! I couldn’t have! Not on some witch destined to love someone else!
“You know, Seth, you don’t have to argue with yourself. It’s quite understandable if you love her,” I can’t believe those words were coming out from Paul.
“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s the reason that I chose to have a freedom in thought that I became the rebellion of the pack, kid,” he said.
I growled, “Don’t call me kid!”
“Hey hey, chill, man!” Quil Ateara said, “Paul was just trying to help.”
“Leave me alone,” I said, my tone final.
Everyone did, but Brady—one of the young werewolves—stayed along with Embry
“Dude,” Brady said, “why do you keep denying that you love her?”
“She attacked Jacob,” Brady and Embry were the ones I trusted most, whatever was my problem, they’d be the ones to help.
“Yeah, well, Jake was being an ass,” Embry cut in.
I turned to look at him. “Look,” he continued, “I’m Jake’s best friend, OK? No one’s perfect and he can be an ass when bloodsuckers or other species are involved. I mean, you were here when Bella was turned, you know how he could be like.”
“She’s a witch, Embry.”
“Renesme is a half vampire,” Brady filled in.
Embry nodded, “Think about it. You’ve left the pack, Seth, it isn’t Jake’s job to tell you what to do anymore. And if you feel so insecure, come back to us, Sam’s already agreed that Jake being nothing but a butthead.”
There was silence which broke when Kanie came, laughing, out of the Cullen’s house, hand in hand with Jasper, followed by the rest of the Cullens. I felt a wave a jealousy wash through me, but then I reminded myself that I had no right to feel so. It was me who let her go after all.
Kanie’s smile vanished when she saw us by the treed, “Embry, Brady,” she nodded. They’ve met? “We came over to apologize yesterday,” Embry explained, clearly knowing what I thought. Obviously doesn't matter that Jasper was the one who attacked Jake first. But then again, Jake provoked it.
I dropped the topic immediately, waiting for Kanie to at least say a goodbye to me… but she didn’t, she just bit her lip and gripped Jasper’s hand tighter before she got into the black Mercedes with him.
What was I thinking earlier?Embry was clearly right, she was the girl I loved!
And I lost her as I watch Jasper drive away with her, I was left with the insecurity that she and Jasper might actually hook up when gone.
What’s worse, I was left with the angst that she might never be back… She isn’t taking away my anxiety, she’s doing the opposite…
♠ ♠ ♠
A la! "What if things get heated between Jasper and Kanie?" Seth asks, worried.
"Well, you better prepare yourself for that. I'm going to give you hell for being such a butthead!" I exclaim
Seth whine, "You're such an evil writer!"
I laugh, "Of course I am!"

Alright, I'm feeling crazy now whhhheeeeeeee.