Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 14: Discoveries, Introductions, Talk

~Kanie’s POV~
Although I know I like Jasper, I am forced to admit that what I did was wrong. Alice would have seen it, for one thing, and she would have told Seth for another, and I didn’t love him enough to not care about anything.
As I awoke in Jasper’s arms, I knew he understood my feelings perfectly well, and he felt the same; we were better off as brothers and sisters, period. And in many ways, we were already brothers and sisters.
“You don’t have to blame yourself,” Jasper said before I could do anything of the sort, “It’s just common thing because of all the witch stuff.”
Yeah, I understood that really well, “So what’s in store for us today? Apart from you convincing me to go back to Forks?”
Jasper sat up, “An official meeting with the coven you met last night,” I blinked, “What?”

OK, this was not what I had mind; not at all. “Come on,” Jasper grinned as her dragged me through the crowded streets of Times Square. “Jazz!” I start protest but was immediately silenced by the coven… or covenant… that saved our lives yesterday. Of course, we were even, so I wasn’t that grateful to them.
“Hi,” a sly smile appear on the one I remembered was called Ian. I shifted uncomfortably, but gracefully, and winded up behind Jasper’s back, I shivered at his voice. This guy was one badass emo kid.
The one that I thought looked like Edward chuckled, his deep, handsome voice twisting the insides of me and sending a thrill down my spine, “I’m Chace, nice to meet you,” he extended a hand towards me, which I took cautiously.
A smile broke on the Emmett-like one’s face, “Alex here,” he raised a hand, “I won’t suggest a hand-shake until I know you’re strong enough to take it.” he grinned wickedly. I raised my eyebrows at him. I mean, sure he looked like the Emmett of the group but I highly doubt if he was as strong as even Edward.
The one like Jacob offered a hand out next, “Steven,” he said, then it was the Embry-like one’s turn, he gave me a sweet smile and shook my hand in a friendly manner, “Dylan,” he smiled again. For some reason, he stood out of the group… maybe because I knew he would be the only one that won’t be teasing or mocking me in the end.
Yes, they looked that bad.
Finally Ian came up to me, “I’m Ivan, you can call me Ian,” he stuck his hand, and the moment our skin made contact, heat passed through me like an electric shock, followed by cold waves of icy resistance. My hand heated up, then it was on fire, then it became ice, then it all vanished... But Ian didn’t let go, no matter what, his eyes narrowed and I felt his power try to fight of mine… his power was almost obvious to me now; he used the enemies power to fight them with the same and equal force… probably more powerful too. Still, it was almost natural—or maybe it was because I hated losing—that I fought back. I felt our powers push one another with the outmost strength we could summon up. At the last minute, our powers ending at the center point, throwing both of us backward.
I slammed on the wall of the back of a shop, while Ian smashed a glass somewhere in front of me.
“I’m sorry,” I heard him pick himself up and run to me, “I just had to check.” He offered me his hand, which I took without hesitation. Jasper looked worried but he made no move to come to me.
“You’re powerful, what are you?” I asked.
Ian smiled and pulled me to my feet, “I’m just force. I’m… you can say, everything around you and in you. I take your powers and make them mine, only twice as powerful. I make you see things, I make the air around you swirl and suspend you in midair, and all those kind of things.” Yeah, I remembered last night.
He stepped back, then turned to Jasper, “You trust me, don’t you?” Jazz nodded.
“There is a place where only witches and warlocks can go, can I take her there?” Ian said every word slowly with emphasis on each and every one of them.
Jasper nodded, then Ian turned to me and cupped my face to look directly into my eyes.

Before I could do anything, we were standing on the edge of a cliff, with Ian releasing a wave of force and light.
Transportation is something we can do,my instincts said, but those waves are purely his power.
The light Ian emitted streamed across the whole area as my nose picked up the scent of fresh roses and sweet, dark chocolate. Sweet, yet dangerous. “What is that power?” I asked.
“Visualization, scent, and feeling,” Ian said with a smile, “It isn’t real, it’s just what you see, smell, and feel. But the truth is; none of it is real.”
“So why are you showing me this… in a way that reminds me of romance?” I smiled.
Ian bit his lower lip and grinned shyly, “Would it hurt to say that I think I like you… a lot? And not because you’re a powerful witch.”
I blushed. I could tell when someone was telling a lie, and Ian was definitely not lying, but why in the world would he fall for such an ordinary, fat girl like me? I have no idea, but I was used to it. Yes, many guys have been like Ian, just none as sweet and as cool, “No it won’t hurt… but,” Ian seemed to hold his breath, “you’ve got to explain what do you mean by powerful.”
Ian let out a sigh of relief and offered me his hand, “It’s not just me, it’s Chace too, but c’mon, I have something to show you.” I hesitated, and then let his icy hand cover mine, which was still burning hot from the fire.
Letting our eyeball turn black, we jumped from the cliff, letting the moment before the impact feel as if we were featherweight, but still falling in a straight line—a trick the coven taught me earlier. Hands still together, we landed gracefully on our feet.
The magic was powerful, useful, and… fun. Was it that easy to start appreciating it?
That’s when I realized he had brought me to graveyard.
“This is the place where all the most powerful witches and warlocks are buried,” he told me. I blinked, fascinated by the beautiful sculptures in front of me.
Ian led me to a gargoyle, “Even after they die, magic still remains, but only for those of their magic descendants.” He eyes turned black again as he summoned up his magic, the next minute the gargoyle was floating in midair just as the rapist’s duplicate was last night, and when I mean just as, I mean exactly as. In other words, the gargoyle was hanging upside-down.
I couldn’t help it, I laughed, and Ian turned to grin at me, “My real name is Ivan Krasovskyj, I’m the descendant of the most powerful warlock of the Victorian era,” as the gargoyle suspended midair, a hole in the ground where the statue was became visible. He gestured for me to get in.
The next thing I knew, I was standing in the most beautiful, luxury, Victorian style hallway I have ever seen—though I haven’t actually seen much apart from movies.
He guided me to a wall covered with portraits of noble men and women from various eras, “For every generation, there will be one warlock and one witch that will change history. Those two are said to be the most powerful.”
“Are they supposed to be a couple or something?” I leered at him, letting a smile play on the edges of my mouth
He grinned and raised my hand to his lips, “No, it’s not compulsory, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen,” he winked.
“So you are the powerful warlock or something?” I asked
He nodded, “And I’m not saying this because I’m a pighead,” I laughed, “but it’s because I’m a descendent of him,” he tapped a frame where a cruel-looking, handsome man was portrayed, “We don’t always print our powers to another person’s baby when they die; in depends on the situation. My father printed his power on me, so I was born with all the luxuries and all the knowledge. So did the parents of the rest of the coven. The six of us were destined to be the ones to change the world because every century six people will write the biggest piece of history available.” Ian turned to me, “When we lost one of ourselves, we panicked… until we met you.”
I frowned. “The six people of the main coven is chosen at birth, but if something were to happen with one of them, there will be replacements,” he turned back to the portraits, “the warlock we killed last night was just a replacement.”
A gasped escaped my lips before I could stop it. Ian chose to ignore that, “This,” he pointed to a picture of beautiful woman that could probably still be alive, “is Elizabeth Heigle.” My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat, “The most powerful witch of the last generation. The child she passed on her magic to was never recorded because she died the next day because she didn’t have her powers to save her. What we do know was that the child was born on the day she died,” he turned to me, eyes reading into mine, “which was exactly 15 years, 11 months, and 3 weeks ago.”
My birthday was seven days away…
“You see? We know from how powerful you are that you belong with our coven, but we also have a reason to believe that you are not only one of us, but the one destined to be the most powerful witch on Earth.”

“I’m hungry,” I told Jasper the minute I got back to the room, “and I don’t want the stupid room service.”
Jasper looked at me sympathetically, “Had a long day?”
I raised an eyebrow, “You know?”
“I made Chace spill it out.”
I gave a warm smile, then he stood up to go.
Taking a deep breath, I stripped off my shirt, but right at the moment I got it off, there was a knock on the door.
I frowned and opened it to see who was out there.
I didn’t know what happened next, but all I saw was her deep green eyes before a cold hand covered my mouth and I heard the door slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK how was it???

COMMENT!!!!