Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 15: Covenant, decisions, and Old Guy

~Kanie’s POV~
“Shh…” the vampire said, “I’m not going to hurt you.”
Right, as if I couldn’t burst into flames any second. No, I wasn’t panicking much, I was just furious at the fact that I was taken by surprise.
She released her grip, “I know what you are, I know what Jasper is, and I know what the covenant is. I only came to warn you that Jasper might lead you to cross paths with the Volturi.”
I frowned, “And what will the Volturi do to us?”
“They are ignorant maggots, they don’t know about witches and warlocks, so I assume that if they did find out about you—bigheads as they are—they would assume you and your covenant are either the only ones in existent or at least the only ones that are a threat. In other words, they will kill all of you,” she said.
I snorted, “As if they can.”
She rolled her eyes, “Like I said; bigheads as they are,” then she raised an eyebrow at me, “you know how powerful they are, do you?”
Rolling my eyes as she did, I told her that Ian could have them all hanging upside-down while Chace throw rocks at them using his mind powers, Alex can throw a few punches into the rebels, and Dylan and Steven can slice them up, then I could set them on fire. Graphical, I know, but we could do it.
The vampire smiled, “I’m Katy-May by the way,” she stuck out her hand and I took it in mine, “Kanie”
Then I remembered her eyes, “So why are your eyes green?”
She bit her lower lip, “I’m probably the only vampire in existence with green eyes.” When I looked bemused, she added, “I don’t know how I became myself but… I had always been different… I drink blood, yes, and preferably, human blood but I can go on for an eternity on animal blood. My powers… they are both spirit related and just… life related,” she got up and went over to the table where a vase with a dying flower stood. At her touch, the flower sprang to life as if both healthy and newly blossomed.
I gasped, “So you can bring things back to life?”
“Well, I heal, but I can do so except that it might kill me instead… and I can do so much more like pull the sprits out of people—not kill them, but just make their spirit and body unattached—and I could do numerous things…”
Wow. “So you’re really powerful.”
“Well, I take that as a compliment” I nodded and she continued, “Oh, yeah, the Volturi would definitely kill for me,” Katy-May said bitterly, “That’s why I keep a low profile.”
Somehow, I just understood her.
“So how did you meet Jasper and know so much about the Volturi?” she wanted to know.
Maybe it was in her sincere expression, maybe it was because I needed to find someone to spill it all out to, but either reason, I told her everything…
And you know what? “Why are you treating me so well?” I asked. Katy-May smiled then asked me to lift up my shirt, then gasped when she held out her wrist which a tattoo bonding with the one I had gotten last year for fun, “but it’s my unique design!” I exclaimed
Image
“I know, so is mine and when I saw you, I saw your spirit and let’s say this confirms… we have a bond,” she grinned.
I might have a best-friend now.
Then Jasper came back, eyes widening then narrowing. Oh well, time to introduce the two.

“So let me get this straight, you want me to be part of your coven… or covenant?” I asked, obviously babbling as I took my glasses off and replaced them with contacts just to buy myself more time.
Chace grinned and lifted hair covering the back of my neck, he touch giving me goose bumps in a good way, “It won’t hurt, I promise.” I bit my lip and smiled at the deepness and sincerity of his voice. Then he branded the tattoo on my skin.
Well, it didn’t hurt, but it was uncomfortable.
Then the rest of the covenant place a finger on the tattoo and whispered words I couldn’t hear, but I felt the magic pass into me then out, almost as if it was purifying my insides. However, that wasn’t the only thing I received, I felt knowledge of the five vampires then something more…
The force was strong, so strong… to strong. He didn’t know how he would be able to control any longer. All anger, all hatred swirled inside of him threatening to blow not only the place, but also himself up.
“Ivan, control,” came his father’s warning voice in his head, but his father was dead… murdered! And he will even risk his life to avenge his father’s death.
His eyes turned black, he was ready to blow the place up, and he will kill anyone in his way, “Ivan, no!” came Vannes’s plead, “You’ll regret it.”
“Run,” was all he had said. Chace might not have been beside him due to the fact that he had just been the cause of half of the enemy’s covenant, but Ian knew he was still the strongest. One blow, will blow the whole place up.
Vannes did as told, her friend was unstoppable. But a moment of hesitation and looking back change her life… or at least it killed her.

Ian let out a yell and pulled away, then before anyone could stop him, he had vanished.
I shut my eyes and pictured the edge of the cliff, I knew he would be there… but where in there?
Then there I was standing at the edge, Ian nowhere to be found. Right, don’t panic, I jumped down and ran through the graveyard, searching desperately for my friend.
I finally found him as I approached as gravestone that was carved into an image of a beautiful girl.
He started to protest, “I told you guys never to follow…” he trailed off to see that it was me who had followed him and not his friends. “You saw it,” it was statement.
I nodded, “I understand.”
“No, you don’t! Chace killed the right people but still broke down for months because of that, and I killed the rest of the covenant and my best friend, how could you possibly understand when you’ve just become part of this world for less than an hour?” He took a deep breath and turned back to the gravestone in front of him.
“You’re right,” I finally said. “I don’t understand about killing a whole covenant,” I took a deep breath, but I do understand how it’s like to kill you best-boyfriend when you were eight years old, think you were accused falsely for being a witch by your best-friend then see her walk out of your life, move places to avoid all the gossip, and then just realize that you were the cause of your best-boyfriend’s death and you are a witch.” Tears were starting to form in my eyes as I remembered the fire… the dancing flames in which my Sean was concealed behind, “and all your life you had wanted nothing in this world but I sense of justice.”
Ian’s hand closed over mine, “I’m sorry. I guess you are pretty screwed up. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions.” I looked into his eyes to see him looking back… Then I guess I saw it happening as he wiped away a tear with his thumb.

“Hey! You get the girl, man? That’s not fair!” the sound of Chace’s voice broke us apart. We looked up to find Jasper, Katy-May, Chace, and the rest of the coven looking at us with amused and teasing looks on their face. The best of it was that Jasper looked protective of me, yet happy at the same time that I had found someone new.
Sometime I felt it was so quick… that I definitely feel like a whore.
“No, you’re not,” Jasper retorted. I smiled.
“OK, so if everything’s done, all of you can come back with us,” Katy-May said.
“Go back to where?” Ian asked.
“Forks.”
I stood up, “No way!”
“Look, you’re not complete here, girl. Do you want to make Alice life a hell?”
“I’m not going back without you,” Jasper added.
I pouted, “But I have Ian.”
“Yeah, but, hello? Leah and Ms. Clearwater would probably miss you to death, you can’t just abandon them, but you can find a new place to live in with the coven too.”
I narrowed my eyes at Katy-May, “Why do you want to go back to Forks?”
She grinned wicked, “Because I want to make Jacob and Seth’s lives a living hell. Then I have to be there to help Jasper. You’re coming because we’re bonded to the hip. Covenant is going cause they need to move anyways,” she turned to wink at Alex, who grinned wickedly back.
OK, she was right about that. I sighed, and held Ian’s hand. We were going, but as long as I wasn’t alone in this, I would be alright.
And Ian hugged me.

~Seth’s POV~
I came back to the Cullens. Right, only to see Alice Cullen dancing around the house.
“What’s with all the joy?” Then my hopes perked up. Were Kanie and Jasper coming back?
But the moment Alice saw me, she stopped dancing and ran out of the house. My heart sank. Only Jasper’s coming back?
“Worse,” Edward said, he paused, “and I don’t want to tell you, you’ll find out soon enough.”
Did he kill her? I literally screamed in my mind.
“Ow. No.” Edward grimaced.
Right, then when I looked out of the window, it was my turn to grimace.
A tall, lean blonde baby-face boy who looked just like an Edward Cullen-wannabe was approaching the house.
Bella gasped, “Is that Mike Newton? Oh my God, Edward! Why didn’t Alice see this!”
Edward looked as puzzled as Bella.
I raised an eyebrow. Mike Newton? So what was this dude here for?
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it??

9 susbscribers here! Awesome!

Comment for a fast update!!

Love,
Em