‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Almost Twins

As we waited for Kevin to come out of his shock as for Joe to regain consciousness, I sat down with the remainder of the Jonas family to talk. With the news of Betsy’s and Amanda’s pregnancies having been revealed, everyone wanted to know why it was hidden from them. “Amanda, Betsy, why didn’t you ever mention the fact that you were both pregnant?” Denise inquired.

They nodded. “We know we should have told you. Of course, we wanted to reveal the pregnancies in the same way that they proposed to us. We thought it would be pretty funny,” Betsy explained. “Evidently, the boys flipped out when they heard about our news; neither of the boys suspected that both Amanda and I would both get pregnant at the exact same time.”

“It was kind of funny though,” I said.

“Yeah, it was,” Nick agreed.

“Not really,” Kevin said.

Amanda spun around upon first hearing that voice. “Oh, hey, Kevin. Are you okay? With what happened last year with you and Joe proposing to us, Betsy and I figured that it would be okay for us to reveal our pregnancies on the one year anniversary of when you guys first proposed to us. Maybe we shouldn’t have though because you went into shock and Joe fell unconscious when he found out. You’ve been in shock for the past hour.”

“Queeny too?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, somehow, both Betsy and I got pregnant at the exact same time,” Amanda explained. I think it had something to do with the fact that both weddings were held on the same day, at the same time. Plus, the fact that we’re two sisters that married two brothers probably attributed to everything that’s been going on, the pregnancies included. So, I’m afraid that you and Joe will jut have to deal with the fact that we’re both pregnant.”

“I suppose so,” Kevin said.

“Do you think that Joe is going to be okay?” Betsy asked. “He fainted when I told him about the fact that I was pregnant. In fact, Joe’s been out even longer than you. I told him about what was going on just before Amanda told you, and, following that ordeal, Joe fainted. And, if he’s been out longer than you, I’m not really sure that doing this was a good idea.”

“You think?” Joe asked.

Rather than Amanda as it was last time when Kevin came out of his shock, Betsy was the one to turn around only to find that Joe was standing there behind her. She sighed and hugged her husband tightly upon seeing that he was okay. “Finally! Jeez, Joe, it took you long enough! Joe, you fainted. You’ve been out for the past few hours. I told you that I was pregnant, and you fainted in the boat. I never thought that I would see the day where you would faint at hearing this news. A pregnancy made you faint? Who would have thought that would happen?”

“Yeah, I noticed,” Joe said.

“And, are you okay?” Denise asked.

Joe looked shocked. “You mean that, just because Lizard revealed the news that she’s pregnant, you’re all worried about what’s going to happen. What about me fainting?” Joe asked. He rolled his eyes. “There is definitely something very wrong going on here.”

Paul spoke up. “We’re worried because we care.”

“About what?” Joe asked. “Me messing up my son or daughter’s life, merely because you think I’m far too immature to start raising a family of my own. I can tell you right now that there is absolutely no chance of something like that ever happening. Lizard would never let it.”

“Well, there’s that, but there’s also the fact that you’re becoming an uncle as well as a father. Amanda’s pregnant as well,” Denise said. She smiled and hugged her sons. “My boys are growing up so fast. I’m going to be a grandmother because of my two eldest boys.”

Joe was confused. “Why are you hugging Kevin?”

Denise repeated what was said earlier. “Amanda’s pregnant too.”

“Panda too?” he asked.

I had to laugh when I heard that mentioned. Apparently, Joe needed his mother to explain to him the fact that Amanda was pregnant twice! He just didn’t hear that part of it. Joe just didn’t seem to get what his mother was saying when she mentioned that her son was going to an uncle. I laughed at that. “Wow, Joe. Who knew you could be that dense?”

Joe rolled his eyes. “Nice on, Karleigh.” He then turned to face his wife and sister-in-law. “How in the world did you both happen to get pregnant at the exact same time?”

Kevin nodded. “I was wondering the same thing.”

“It was the wedding,” the girls explained with absolute confidence. “The double wedding we held two months ago ultimately afforded us the opportunity for us to get pregnant at the exact same time. And, because of that, there’s a chance of our kids being twins.”

“Twins?” they asked.

“Well, almost twins,” Betsy corrected.

Once I heard the word twin being mentioned in this conversation, I stopped paying attention to what was being said. My thoughts soon drifted to Karleigh, my own twin. I was reminded of the fact that I never got the chance to spend any time with her. The only time, I assumed, that I would ever be able to communicate with my twin sister was through her ghost. I sighed heavily. If Amanda and Betsy turned out to have their due dates be one and the same, I knew that I was in trouble. Despite the fact that barely anyone knew about this being the case, I was a twin. And, my twin was dead. So, if that was any indication of what was going to happen, I knew that the Jonas-Weimar kids should not be born on the same day. It shouldn’t happen, and couldn’t happen, not if I could help it. But, the fact of the matter was that I knew that I had no control over any of that. It was the unborn Jonas children’s choice as to when they would be born. So, if Aunt Lisa put the due date on the same day, I knew that I was definitely going to be in for a long seven months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.