‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Wanting to Tell

Since telling my parents was the only thing I could do in order to fix my life, I needed to go to the Jonas home and have a talk with Betsy and Amanda about what I intended on doing. They needed to know about what my intentions were: to tell my parents about the fact that I wasn’t Karleigh, that she was dead. I couldn’t wait. Under no circumstances could I wait any longer for the opportunity to tell my parents about what was really going on. So, a few days later, that’s exactly what I went to go do. I went over to the Jonas house to talk to them.

I rapped softly on the door, waiting for Betsy and Amanda to come to the door. This needed to be taken care of. They needed to know what I wished to see happen. Four months was too long to wait; Karleigh had been dead for five months already. Waiting for the Jonas daughters to be born was no longer an option. I sighed. This plan on mine needed to work. In order for me to finally be able tell my parents about the fact that Karleigh died back at the end of October as well as who I really was, I needed to clear this with Betsy and Amanda. The Jonas sisters and Karleigh needed to be okay with what I intended on doing before I talked with my parents. It was the only way that it was going to work.

The door opened and I found that neither Betsy nor Amanda was the one to have opened the door. No, it was Nick. “Hey, Karls, what are you doing here?” he asked, giving me a kiss.

“Oh, I was just hoping to find your sisters. I need to talk to Betsy and Amanda about something that’s been going on. Are they here?” I inquired of my late sister’s boyfriend.

“Afraid not,” he said.

“Where are they?” I wondered.

“Actually, I’m not really sure where they are,” Nick said with a shrug. “They left without say where they were going. But, I have this eerie gut feeling inside telling me that it has something to do with the daughters they’ll be giving birth to at the end of July. Meanwhile, each of my brothers has their own plans for what’s going to happen after they give birth. Once each of their daughters is born, my brothers will be moving out. Come August, it will be just me and Frankie here; Joe, Kevin, and the girls will have moved out.”

“Oh,” I said.

After hanging out with Nick for awhile, I sullenly left the Jonas home. Not only was I unable to talk with Amanda and Betsy about what I wanted to see happen, but I also learned that they would be moving out once their kids were born. Somehow, a part of me knew that them moving out was not a good thing for me. Karleigh’s ghost floated over. “Kimber, now do you see why you can’t tell anyone, not even Mom and Dad about what’s been going on? I don’t thin Nick could take it. In fact, because of that, I don’t think that you’ll ever be able to tell anyone at all about what’s been going on here. You just can’t."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.