Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

025.

“Adam!” I called, walking down the hall, which held both of our bedrooms, into the living room.

“Spencer!” He called back to me loudly.

“I’m leaving soon.” I said when I was in front of him.

“Wow, you look gorgeous babe.” Adam said checking out the outfit.

“Thank you.” I said laughing nervously.

“Nervous Spencer? Since when?” He joked.

“I’m fine.” I said quickly. Not sure who I was trying to convince more, him or me.

“Yeah, sure.” He said laughing. “So, what’re you going to tell him?”

“Well, I was thinking of telling him I’m in no position for a relationship, maybe friends…I don’t know.”

“Wait, ok, you got all dressed up to tell him no?” He asked in disbelief

“I’m not dressed up.” I defended.

“You are too, and you know it.” Adam replied stubbornly. “Stop lying to me and yourself.”

“I’m not lying to anyone, thank you.”

“Oh really?” Adam countered.

“Yes, really.” I said crossing my arms.

The door bell rang and I stood up to get it. “Hello.” I asked, slightly annoyed with Adam, that someone interrupted our discussion and that I still had to wait for Alex to show up.

“Uh, hey Spencer.” Alex, of course, said looking down at me. Well I guess there’s no more waiting.

“Oh hey Alex.” I said running my hands through my hair lightly.

“Is this a bad time…?”

“No. We were just talking.” Adam added standing up.

“Oh, alright sounds good.” Alex replied a little uncertainly.

“We should get going.” I said, putting my hand on Alex’s arm after a moment of silence.

“Alright.” He agreed letting me lead him.

“Have fun Spence!” Adam called, chipper again.

When we got to the car, Alex opened the car door for me. I thought of at least ten smartass comments to make, but decided they’d come off to harsh from my anger at Adam.

While fumbling, violently, with the seatbelt Alex sat in his seat and buckled himself up. Watching me he asked. “Having troubles?”

“Just a little bit.” I said deciding to give up.

“Here, let me help.” He chuckled and let the belt go. Reach around me he grabbed the, now untangled, belt. As he was pulling it across me he stopped and lucked up at me, his brown eyes took me by surprise as they locked eyes with me. I held my breath with him so close. After he focused, he finished buckling me, started the car and pushed in some random CD; smiling the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
...cooommmments? :D