Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

026.

"Alex, I'm pretty sure you were supposed to let me give you directions." I said laughing after a few minutes of letting him drive in the wrong direction.

"Oh, I know. You just seemed a little bothered by something so I figured I'd drive around aimlessly until you remembered and gave me directions." He said laughing.

I laughed, "You're something else Gaskarth." I looked around, trying to figure out where he'd driven us. "Alright, you're going to want to turn around; the restaurant's in the complete opposite direction."

"Alright." He said, turning around to check traffic and switched lanes.

"Then just stay straight." He nodded and followed my directions. "What're we listening to?" I asked confused by the song that was blaring from the speakers.

"Uh, this is All To Myself, it's by Mariana's Trench." He replied.

"Ah, I like it." I said smiling, turning it up a bit.

"Well that's just another thing you have going for you." He replied looking at me and smiling.

"What'd you mean?" I asked blushing under his stare.

"You have excellent music taste." He replied laughing, turning back to the road.

I laughed, "Thank you." We ended up in another silence, both of us just listening to the music coming from the small stereo. As I sat next to the man who'd made the music I'd fallen in love with so long ago, the man who was one of the few celebrities I actually liked other than for their talent, I couldn't control myself from stealing glances at him. It was hard to stop, I kept looking at him, making sure he really was there; that I wasn't making it all up, that he wasn't just a figment of my imagination.

"Just keep going straight?" Alex asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"You're going to want to turn at the stoplight." I told him. I decided that sitting in an awkward silence was no fun. "So Mr. Rockstar, tell me something interesting." He laughed and then launched into a story when he and the boys were younger and the mischief they'd get into. The last ten minutes of the car ride was full of tales of young All Time Low and laughter.

Inside the small restaurant, the smell of delicious pasta filled the air. At the podium Alex asked for a table for two, the waiter informed us we'd sitting on the patio that over looked lake Michigan. Excitement, due to our luck in getting such great seats, filled me as we walked to the back of the restaurant.

When he led us out, I was astonished by how pretty the patio was; surrounded by hedges that has white Christmas like lights strung through them lit up the perimeter. The black iron tables had gorgeous designs woven under the glass table top, over our heads were more stings of lights, and around the deck were pots of wonderful smelling flowers. The view of Lake Michigan and the sunsetting behind us was enough to take my breath away.

Seated, Alex and I looked at our menus in silence. Unlike when we were in the apartment, the silence wasn't awkward.

As I was silently deciding on what to eat I could feel Alex starring at me. "Yes?" I asked looking up at him.

"Nothing, just waiting for you to decide." He said smirking.

"Alright, well I'm ready." I said folding the menu and placing it on top of his.

"Well good, My name's Annaleigh, I'm your waitress tonight." She said to Alex, only bothering to glance at me once.

"Alright well I'm going to have spaghetti." He replied handing her the menus; she giggled at him and batted her eyelashes, I cringed.

When she didn't look at me, I decided to just order. "And I'd like the tortellini with red sauce, please."

"Oh, right." She said actually looking at me.

"Thank you." I said back politely.

We sat and talked about his tour and what I'd been up to over the course of our meal.

After Alex had paid for the meal, which I protested for good ten minutes, we headed down to the path along the lake.

"This is original." I joked, as we walked along." He laughed with me and we continued walking. "Well, I guess I should stop procrastinating…" I said after we had fallen into a silence.

"Alright." Alex replied, not looking at me.

"I don't really know where to start…" I admitted, fidgeting in my seat.

"Just tell me how you feel about me, about what I said." Alex said as

"Well, I guess…I guess I think it's incredibly sweet everything you've done, you coming here…" I started, refusing to look at him.

"I feel as if there is a but coming along soon." He said, stopping in the middle of the path to look down at me.

I looked up at him, coming face to face with his sad brown eyes. "But, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship at the moment…especially with someone I barely know."

"So if you don't want a relationship…what do you want?" Alex asked, completely clueless.

"Friends maybe?" I asked sheepishly

He nodded, "Alright I can do that."