Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

003.

“Dude, you sound like a fucking fag! ‘Gazing up at the stars.’”. Jack said mocking me ending in a fit of laughter.

“Hey! Speak for yourself. Now do you want to hear the rest of it or can I go back to laying in my bunk?” I said impatiently.

“Chill dude,” Jack said getting up to put his bowl in the sink. “Continue.”

“Jaaaaack!” Zack yelled onto the bus. “Is Alex up yet?”

“Yeah, but he’s telling me a story.” Jack called back.

“I want to hear!” Zack said hurrying to get a spot on the couch.

“Fine, but no interruptions” I said pointedly.

“Aye, aye captain.” He said saluting me.

****

“Thinking about me?” I asked as I waked over to her.

“Not really.”

“What does that mean?” I asked sitting next to her.

“Well, I was thinking about the fact that I should be having the time of my life; I’m apparently getting back stage passes, I’m with you, I’ll be seeing the concert I’ve been waiting to see for months, but I’m just not Alex! I’m just numb.” She said, her voice reeking with pain and sorrow.

“Come on babe, I’ll make it a night you’ll never forget.” She sighed giving me a polite smile. I grabbed her hand and she laced our fingers together. “Oh don’t forget about this.” I said letting go of her hand to give her the pass. She clipped it onto her belt loop and grabbed my hand again.

“Alex!” Patrick yelled excitedly. “Dude, who’s the chick?”

“Pat, Spencer. Spencer, Patrick” I said holding her hand a bit tighter to me.

“Spencer baby, you’re gorgeous.” He commented extending his arms for a hug. “Dude, are you going to fuck her?” He asked pointedly while she was still in his arms.

“Pat. Not cool. Lay off the beer. Go get some water or coffee or something, you have a show soon.” I said angrily before noticing the crushed look that returned to her face. “Besides I thought I heard Al say he needed to talk to you and the guys.” With that he walked away from us.

“This was a bad idea.” Spencer whispered as I pulled her into my arms.

“No, it wasn’t. He’s just drunk, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” She mustered up a smile. “Is there something else wrong?” I asked worried.

“He’s drinking beer. He drank beer; he made me drink it with him when we didn’t have any other alcohol. He always thought it was funny,” She said burying her head into my shoulder. I didn't understand what she was talking about but figured I'd eventually find out

“It’s going to be ok. Tonight will be amazing, I already promised that to you. You’re with me.” She scoffed, I laughed. “Come on, do you like Cobra?”

“Yeah!” she said enthusiastically as we walked towards the stage.

“Well, it’s not in the pit, but it’s closer than any of them will get.” Her eyes got huge.

“Alex, where exactly are you taking me.” She said stopping in her tracks.

“Well I was thinking we could stand in front of the rail for a little bit and take some pictures and then we could go head up to the stage so you could watch the rest.” She looked at me confused, “The photographers don’t appreciate when people get in the way of their shots. Sound ok?”

“Sounds perfect.” She said sounding genuinely happy. I grabbed her hand and we sat down on the steps leading down to the front of the stage. “How’re you feeling Alex?”

“Wait what?” I asked being caught off guard.

“Well, you got sick during the set so I was just wondering if you were ok, or if I’d have to keep my distance.” She giggled making me recall one of the worse memories of the night. “So how are you feeling?”

As she made her comment I flashed back to earlier that night; We were singing Dear Maria, I couldn't even finish the song. I had to run off stage and puke all over. God leave it to me to fuck up on this fucking night. With her here.

“Much better, thank you.” I said snapping back to the conversation and glancing at her, once again being taken aback by her true beauty. She defiantly wasn’t one of the usual girls I go for. I had to chase her, which never happened, I’d rather just sit and talk with her, which never ever happened.

“Ok, good, I don’t want to get puked on.” She said laughing.

“Well in that case…” I said turning my body to completely face you.

“Alex! No, that’s not funny!” she yelled, playfully pushing me back.

“Fine, fine.” I said throwing my hands up in defeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Pretty please.