Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Insomnia

FRANKS POV.

There is nothing worse than being exhausted but unable to sleep. My body was screaming for rest but my mind was racing with horrible thoughts and images.

Mikey, I hadn't seen him, was he alright or did they not let me see him because he was d...

Gerard, He wasn't moving when I did see him, what if he was d...

Bob, the last time I saw him he was drenched in blood and barely breathing and Ray said he was just hanging on to life.

Ray wasn't asleep either, I could hear him tossing and turning in his bed, trying to get comfortable just as I was, trying to block the negative thoughts from my mind but it was impossible. All we could do was wait and find out.

There was a clock on one wall, when I came into the room it said 12:14, near enough midday . It was now 3:36pm and we still had no news on any of the other guys.

Around 20 minutes later the door knocked. Ray sprang from his bed and went to answer it, Brian. I didn't want to talk to him, perhaps I will just pretend to be sleeping and then he and Ray wont bother me.

"Hey Bri," said Ray quietly, thinking I was sleeping. He hugged Brian.

"Hey do you feel alright?" he asked, his voice filled with forced calm.

"Yeah. Do you have any news on any of the others?" Ray sounded desperate and I don't blame him.

"Gee is having head scans and Mikey is being X-rayed for spinal damage but they are both alert and conscious."

"What about B..."

"Don't ask me about him!" Brian cut across, the calm edge fading from his voice.

"The staff wont tell me anything, all they will say is that he lost a lot of blood and is in surgery to try and fix his arm up so that he can drum again some day, that's all I know so please don't ask me, I can't even think about what would happen if he doesn't..."

It was Ray's turn to cut across now.

"Brian don't be ridiculous! He is going to be fine!" I smirked to myself, now who's the optimist Ray?

"Well I'm going to go and wait for more news on Gee and Mikey, see you in a bit and get better soon," he said, clapping Ray on the back and leaving the room. I closed my eyes again, hoping Ray wouldn't realize that I wasn't actually sleeping.

"Frankie?" he whispered. "Are you awake dude?" I didn't respond, I don't want to talk to anybody now, just be alone with my thoughts. I heard him sit back down on his bed a minute later, sighing heavily then another sound. Crying. He was laying there sobbing. Now I feel bad, I should have told him I was awake.

"Ray are you alright?" I asked him, getting out of bed and hurrying over to his bedside. He sat up slowly and wiped his eyes and face on his blanket.

"Frankie I'm scared for them, I really want them to be alright and they all have so much to live for, I should be dying not them! Mikey is married now and he is one day gonna have a great family! Bob says things are going really well with him and that Lizzie chick so maybe they might get engaged some day and Gee has managed to stay clean and sober for 3 years now! Even after his engagement collapsed! he still stuck with it!" Ray had stopped crying and now seemed more angry then upset.
"And look at me! I've got nobody! nothing to live for and yet I am the one who is basically unhurt and they are all seriously hurt or even dying!!!"

I smacked him round the face.

"Ray please stop talking like that because I have never heard so much shit in my life. They are all going to be fine and don't bring up Gerard's engagement, that was painful enough to live once, for all of us, we agreed to never bring that up again so please don't."

"Your right Frankie your right. I was just being stupid," He put a hand up to his cheek where I had slapped him, a red mark was appearing.

"I'm sorry I hit you," I said leaning over from my position stood at his bedside and hugging him tightly.

"S' alright," he mumbled into my shoulder. I pulled back and clambered into the bed next to him.

"My bed is cold," I grinned, pulling on some blanket.

He laughed. "So that gives you an excuse to steal mine?"

"Yeah I think so, sleep well," I smirked and cuddled right in close to him.

He was really tense at first but after a few minutes he relaxed, his breathing deepened and slowed and he was fast asleep. The door knocked softly then swung open. It was Mikey.

I squealed and leaped out of the bed. Ray grunted and woke up.

"Mikey!" I shouted jumping on him and hugging him as tightly as I could.

"Hey Frankie! Ray! are you guys alright? that was some nasty crash!"

We spent a while talking about Ray and I's injuries before we came onto Mikey's.

"Yeah, they kept x-raying me over and over again to check that I hadn't broken my back but I'm alright. I was so scared, they were telling me not to move and they kept asking me if I could feel my toes and fingers and..... other places..." He rolled his eyes and Ray and I laughed.

"Yeah thank god the doctor's looking after me were dudes so it wasn't that overly embarrassing but then they made me change with them in the room so they could check that I could move properly and I swear one of them kept checking me out... and I was like yeah look at my ring and get the message!"

I felt a huge relief, Mikey was his good old self, not one bit different. He jumped onto one of the spare beds and kicked his feet up.

"Heard anything of the Bob man or my brother yet?" he said, looking around the room as if they would appear out of somewhere.

Ray teared up again and my voice caught in my throat.

"Gee is having his head checked out and Bob is in surgery," said Ray, his voice slightly higher then usual.

"Bob is WHAT!" he cried.

"Mikey calm down we just have to wait and see what happens OK?" I curled up back on Ray's bed and he lay down next to me. I rested my head on his chest, feeling it rise and fall to the slow rhythm of his breathing.

The door opened again about 10 minutes later and in walked a very worried looking Gee. He hugged Mikey tightly as Mikey cried into his shoulder.

"I thought I'd lost you," sobbed Mikey as Gee stroked his hair softly.

"Shhhhh It's alright I'm here, Frank's here, Ray's here, Bob is here, were all here for you Mikey don't worry were safe now."

Mikey cried harder "Bob isn't here, we don't know where he is!"

A weak voice came from the doorway, Gee had left the door open.

"No Mikey, Bob is here, don't worry about him."