Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

The Taste Of Ink.

BOBS POV.

"Robert?" my father asked weakly from his hospital bed.

"I'm right here dad," I said, tears in my eyes as I walked over to his bedside and took his hand.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you," he said, his voice hardly above a whisper.

"Not now dad. You need your rest. I'm sorry too though," I sat down in a chair beside his bed and kept his hand in my own.

"No. I have to say this now. I know Ray is outside, you love him, be with him, man or woman at least you're happy. That's all I ever wanted, to see you so happy and if he gives you that then who am I to stop it. I owe Ray an apology too, I've been very unfair to him," he stopped talking and coughed weakly.

"Dad, please rest, you can tell me all of this once your better. I just want you to get better." My tears started to fall and I brushed them away with my free hand.

His eyes closed and he slowly exhaled.

"Could you get me some water?" he asked feebly.

"Sure dad, anything," I picked up the glass from his bedside table and filled it with water from the jug that was next to it.

He sat up a bit and I helped him drink a little of the water before helping him lay back down carefully. He closed his eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep. My mom came into the room with a watery, weak smile on her face.

"You made up then," she said softly, smiling at dads now sleeping form.

"We did."

"I'm glad. The doctors say things are looking better for him now, you should be alright to go of you want," she nodded towards the door.

"I'll stay a little while longer." She nodded and sat down on the other side of the bed. I realized that Ray was waiting in the corridor. I quickly told my mom I would be back in a second and then left the room to tell Ray what was going on.

"Is he gonna be alright?" he asked me worriedly, standing up the second I had got outside the room.

"He should be just fine. Everything between us is sorted now, he's happy for us," I said with a small smile. Ray stepped forward and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, breathing in his smell.

"You smell like sex," I giggled and he laughed a little.

"So do you but it's because neither of us got a chance to shower after last night."

"We can shower when we get home," he suggested and I broke our embrace.

"If you think for one second that I am going to..."

"Well I do think that you are going to."

"Well maybe I will," I said with a slight smirk on my face. I really wasn't in the mood right now. I just need to know my dad will be OK, then I can have hot crazy shower sex.

"I'm gonna go back and say goodbye to my dad a sec," he nodded and took my hand, accompanying me into the room which my parents were in.

Dad was awake again and he gave the two of us a faint smile as we walked into the room hand in hand.

"Ray I'm sorry. I should have been welcoming you to our family and not pushing you away, I behaved very badly towards you and for that I apologize."

"It's OK Mr. Bryar... really I..."

"Call me Dad, please," he smiled and my heart glowed. I'm so happy my parents finally accept Ray and I's relationship.

"I hope you feel better soon, dad," said Ray, smiling in return. He didn't know what to say, what my father had just said was a pretty big thing.

"Do you two have a date for the wedding yet?" asked my mom.

"Actually... I've been meaning to talk to you about that..." I said turning to Ray and taking his other hand so I was now holding both his hands in my hands.

"Can we move the wedding forward?" we said in unison and then burst out laughing. My mom was laughing, my dad was smiling, probably because he was high off painkillers but hey, he was happy for me.

"I think we should talk about this later, right now we have some other news don't we?" I said, kissing Rays lips quickly and then turning to my parents.

"You're kinda going to be grandparents..." I said, hoping I didn't give my dad another heart attack.

"Bob?!?! Really?!?!" gasped my mom.

I looked at Ray and nodded. He looked guilty, almost ashamed. Shit he still feels bad about what he did.

"But... how? Are you pregnant?" asked my dad and we all laughed again.

"No, Ray is," I giggled, poking him in the stomach.

"Ow stop it," he giggled, pushing my hand away.

"Seriously boys, how did you manage that?" asked my mom.

I quickly explained the situation with Lauren and that I would become a legal parent once the baby was born, making them technically grandparents.

"This is really great you two, no matter how it's happened it's still a blessing," beamed my mom.

We talked for a little while longer and then said our goodbyes and left. My mom even hugged Ray goodbye which he was quite surprised about but he was pleased to be accepted all the same. This day couldn't have changed much more if it had tried.

I'd gone from possibly losing my dad to making things right with both my parents and settling a family argument. I knew Ray and I would now have another two names on our wedding guests list.

*********************************

LAURENS POV.

When Jason realized I wasn't going to tell him who's child I was carrying he left me alone in the house.

In horrible pain I dragged myself onto my feet and limped towards the phone. Picking it up I called 911 and explained what had happened. They told me to sit tight and await the cops and an ambulance to get me to the hospital.

I called Frank. He would help me.

"Frankie, help," I pleaded down the phone once he picked up.

"Lauren?" he asked, concern filling his voice.

"It's me Frank. Jason b-beat me up again. P-please h-help," I sobbed, sinking back down onto my knees as everything started to go black.

"Stay still Lauren, I'll be there as soon as I can. Call the police right now," he ordered.

"I have, F-frankie I th-think I'm g-gonna p-pass out," I stammered, my head spinning.

"Stay with me, here, talk to Gee, we're on our way over, really, I'm just starting the car," I heard a car start and the phone was handed over to Gerard.

"Hi Lauren," he said worriedly.

"Hello," I croaked feebly.

"No, keep talking to me, don't go to sleep," he said. I focused on his voice and tried to ward off the blackness threatening to envelop me in its tight grip.

"I'm here," I said.

"Good. Stay right there, we're on our way sugar."

"I'm g-gonna p-ass out," I stuttered and everything span again.

"What's your favourite song sugar, tell me, I'll sing to you if you promise to stay awake," he said frantically.

"F-famous l-last words," I managed out, things going black around me and my head pounding violently.

He started to sing and I listened. I could hear Frank singing along in the background as he drove. After he finished that song he sang 'To The End', my favourite MCR song, then he started to sing 'The taste of ink' by The Used. He knows I'm a big fan of theirs and even though he didn't know all of the words perfectly, it kept me awake as I corrected his small errors.

"We're right outside honey, can you let us in?" he asked down the phone. I staggered over to the door and released the latch before collapsing right into Franks arms.

He carried me carefully over to the couch and laid me down gently. The emergency services were there about thirty seconds later. I could hear everybody urgently

The last thing I saw before I passed out was the inside of the back of the ambulance that was speeding me off to the hospital.

[A/N Here is the second part that I promised for getting 450 comments. I mentioned before about my hearing problems and I'm really pleased to say that it's greatly improving. I can now hear almost fully out of one side and the other side is improving a lot of what it was so I'm a very happy chappy today :D I would be an even happier chappy if I got ten comments for this chapter? :D]

{Big thanks once again to Tre's-Cheech-Straw for helping me with the scene a few chapters back and for ALWAYS commenting. And another shout out to Black_Queen for all the comments and for giving me a load of reasons to keep writing}