Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Honeymoon - part one

FRANK'S POV.

"Holy crap, could she be any moodier at all?" I whispered to Gee who burst into giggles. This is the first day of tour without Ray, Bob and Mikey, Lauren is here filling in for Bob, Matt Cortez is once again taking Mikey's place and the replacement for Ray still hasn't arrived.

"I don't think so, but give her a break, she is pregnant after all."

"But she yelled at me!"

"But you sat in her place on the couch, no wonder she yelled at you sugar!" he laughed and took another sip of his coffee, pushing his hair back out of his face.

"I liked Lauren better when she wasn't knocked up," I said with a pout.

"Me too Frank, me too," laughed Lauren, patting me on the shoulder and sitting down with Gee and I at the table.

"Sorry, I'm not interrupting anything am I?" she asked us politely.

"Nope. All we were doing is talking about you, saying how moody you were, isn't that right sugar?" said Gee, smirking at me. I nodded and Lauren burst out laughing, to my great surprise. I had expected more yelling.

"Well, 6 and a half more months and I can be my good-old self again."

"It's pretty amazing, you doing this for Ray," I said with a smile, taking a sip of Gee's coffee.

"I'm mostly doing this for Bob actually. I know how much he loves kids and he'd talked to me time and time again before all this happened about how, if he asked Ray to marry him, he'd have to accept he could never be a Dad. In the end he almost didn't ask Ray, he knew he loved him but he really wanted kids."

Gerard choked on his mouthful of coffee.

"He almost didn't ask Ray?"

"That's what I said," said Lauren, leaning back in her chair and running her hands over her stomach where a small bump was just beginning to show. It was small enough that you wouldn't really have noticed it unless you knew she was pregnant, but I knew and it made me smile.

"Wow. That has got to be a big deal for Bob then, I mean, we all know how much he loves Ray."

"Yeah but in the end he felt that he couldn't live without Ray and that the next step was marriage and maybe they could adopt. But oh no, Ray just had to get so drunk and get me knocked up!"

"So, you weren't drunk then?" I asked, laughing at how she had worded her response so it made it sound like it was all Ray's fault.

"I was but not as drunk as him. I'm never drinking again I can tell you."

"Do you... you know, remember it?" asked Gee with a wicked smile. I slapped his arm, but giggled anyway. Gossip is fun.

"Not really..."

"Yes you do, I know when you're lying!" laughed Gee and Lauren blushed a little.

"OK, OK! So I may remember it, but what would make me tell you two if he was any good?"

"I dunno, is he?" I asked, eager to have something to tease Ray about when he got back.

"Frank! I'm not telling you!"

"Fine," I poked my tongue out at her and she pulled a face at me. Gerard laughed at our immaturity and took my hand which was resting on the tabletop, gently stroking the back of it with his thumb. I smiled at him, I love little things like that, they make all the difference.

"So..." started Lauren, obviously eager to move the conversation on.

"Yeah, so... uh... how are you?" I asked randomly.

"Oh I'm just great. I feel sick and I keep wanting to eat marshmallows for some bizarre reason, because I don't even like marshmallows! And I throw up at weird times of the day, morning sickness my ass, more like morning, midday and night sickness!" she ranted. I regretted asking immediately.

I mentally sighed, this was going to be a long week. Thankfully we only had two shows this week but still, we have to put up with her on the bus!

RAYS POV.

"Your kidding, right?"

"Nooo," said Bob with a giggle. I had finally gotten out of him where we were going.

"Did I ever tell you I love you?" I asked with a smile.

"You might have mentioned it."

"Yeah well, I think I love you even more!"

"Aww well I love you too, anything for you." We kissed happily for a few minutes until the pilot's voice rang out over the intercom:

"Attention passengers, we will be coming in to land very shortly, please fasten your seatbelts."

"I hate this part," I whined. I hate flying, but landings are always the worst.

"It's OK, you got me to hold your hand," smiled Bob, kissing my cheek and taking my hand once we had both done up our seatbelts.

I could see the small island through the window now, it looked beautiful, like paradise. Despite being nervous and apprehensive about the landing, I couldn't help but feel excited.

Ten minutes later the plane touched down perfectly on the runway of the small airport. I breathed a sigh of relief and Bob laughed.

"It's not funny!"

"I'm sorry, I only find it funny because you've flown a million times before and yet you still worry!"

"Yeah well, you know I hate flying," I said, glancing out of the window again. You could see the heat haze above the tarmac, a very light breeze just rustling the palm leaves. I was so excited it was like a little kid of Christmas morning.

"Excited much?" laughed Bob, noticing the look on my face.

"I can't believe it! This place is meant to be like, paradise!"

"Yeah, I heard that too and you better start believing it, cause we're here!"

The small jet taxied over to a space near the small terminal building where attendants quickly fixed up a pair of steps to the back door and opened it, allowing people to leave the plane.

The second Bob and I stepped out into the blazing sunshine, I was met with a huge rush of heat. How can anywhere be so hot in late January?

"How is it so hot here? It was freezing back home."

"It's near the equator so it's hot all year round."

"Wow. You know big words like 'equator?'" I said with a smirk. Bob slapped my arm playfully.

"Shut it. I may be blond but I'm not that dumb."

"I was only kidding baby, you know I love you really."

"Yeah, I know it, I kinda guessed last night," he smirked and I smirked, squeezing his hand.

Getting our suitcases took hardly any time at all and thankfully, there were no fans around to bother us. The island was so small, there was no point in renting a car because you could from one end to the other in 2 hours. We got a taxi to where we were staying and I was starting to expect a hotel or something similar.

I was pretty surprised when the driver pulled into a small, quiet street very near to a small cove.

"Where's the hotel?" I asked stupidly, looking around.

"Hotel? And you think I'm the one having a blond moment?" laughed Bob.

"So we aren't staying in a hotel?"

"Pfft. No. I know we're both sick of hotels from touring."

"The where are we... Bob, you didn't!"

"I did."

He freaking rented us a private villa all to ourselves for a week. With a pool, and air conditioning and everything you could possibly even dream of. Plus the house was one of only a handful in the area so the beach would always be fairly empty.

I looked out from where the taxi had stopped, the amazingly bright blue ocean, almost the same colour as Bob's eyes. The beach below, with its perfect white sand and small waves lapping at the shore. Could this get any better?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is quite short, I've not been feeling so great and had a bit of writers block. Please comment, I promise the next chapter will be lots better! *cough*honeymoonsex*cough* x