Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Crashing.

FRANK'S POV. ***2 days later***

"So do we tell him yet?" I asked Lauren sadly as we watched Ray and Bob laugh happily together.

"Somebody is going to have to tell him at some point. We can't not tell him, but they're so happy! I just can't do it!"

"This is serious. His life could be at risk," said Gerard solemnly.

"But look how happy they are," I said, looking back over at Ray and Bob with tear-filled eyes.

We were setting up at the venue for tonights show and Ray and Bob were working on getting the drum set ready, talking and laughing, kissing occasionally. They were a picture of happiness, a picture at risk of being torn apart by this cruel disease.

"Sugar we have to tell them, after the show," said Gee as he moved his mic stand a little to the left of the stage.

"I'll go help them with the drum set then," said Lauren quickly, walking away to help them set up everything Bob would need.

"Oi! Cut that out!" came Brian's voice as Ray and Bob started to kiss again.

"Brian! Hey how are you?" said Bob, jumping down from the drum riser and walking over to see him.

"I'm alright. How are things with you?"

"Just great, I have a little bit of a headache today but other than that I'm just fine."

"Good to hear. How are you Ray?" he asked as Ray walked over to join the conversation.

"I'm better than ever," he said with a smile. I can't watch this.

I turned away and went back to tuning my guitar, trying not to listen to their conversation.

"Bob are you sure you're alright?" came Brian's voice, that made me pay attention.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a headache," he said.

"Awww my poor baby," said Ray, wrapping an arm around Bob's waist and kissing him on the cheek.

"So how was the honeymoon?" asked Brian.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" said Ray with a smirk.

"I'm gonna go sit down," said Bob, removing Ray's arm from his waist and going to sit on the floor at the foot of his drum riser.

"Are you sure you're OK?" I asked Bob, cautiously approaching him.

"Yes Frank I'm fine," he said, holding his head in his hands. Ray kept glancing over at him, concern all over his face.

"Bob..." I made a decision.

"Bob I need to talk to you and Ray. Right now."

"Um.. OK then. What's it about?"

"You," I said, grabbing his arm and wrenching him to his feet, then walking over and grabbing Ray before pulling them both down the corridor and into a dressing room, locking the door behind us.

"Frank what's all this about?"

"I swear. We we're going to tell you, tonight after the show, now sit down, I'll tell you everything," I said quickly and they sat down on the couch looking at me expectantly. I reached over and placed Ray's hand on Bob's. He's gonna need that right now.

Ray took Bob's hand in his own and they looked at me.

"Bob... I..."

I couldn't do it. No matter how hard I tried the words wouldn't come. How am I supposed to break this to them?

Bob flinched and moved his free hand to his head, wincing in pain.

"Are you sure you're OK?" asked Ray, now looking really concerned.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look it."

"That's because... he isn't," I said quietly.

"Frank? What are on about?" asked Bob. I looked straight into his eyes. They were grey and he was clearly bothered by something. He knows. He can sense it.

"You can tell what's going on Bob," I said and he looked confused.

"Ray look into Bob's eyes." He did as he was told and looked upset.

"Why didn't you tell me something was wrong?" he asked quietly.

"There's nothing wrong! I'm fine," said Bob stubbornly. I sighed and then took a deep breath, readying myself for what I needed to say.

"Bob... there's no easy way to say this, but... they think you may need to go back to the hospital for some more tests," I said, quickly averting my eyes to the floor.

"Frank what are you saying?" said Bob, I could hear it in his voice. Pure fear. Terror. He was scared more than anything.

"You might have cancer again," I whispered. I looked up at them. They were just staring at each other, in complete shock and disbelief of what I had just told them.

"Frank it can't be... I just... it just... no. That can't be right," said Bob, shaking his head.

"It may be... you really need to go back to the hospital Bob, they need to make sure everything is-" he dropped Ray's hand and stared into space, his eyes out of focus and his body completely still.

"Bob?"

"Bob? What the fuck?"

"Bob! Come on don't scare me like that!" said Ray, grabbing him by the shoulder and shaking him roughly.

"My head!" he whined and Ray pulled him into his arms.

"Frank, tell the others, he is not going on stage tonight."

"But I'm f-"

"You are not fine. You are going to the god damn hospital."

"No! I can't! I don't have it again! Not again! I can't, I won't!"

"It's not a choice Bob. And sometimes bad things happen to good people. You need to take care of yourself and get better because if you have a headache it's clearly not a good sign," I said. My voice sounded somewhat hollow, empty.

I couldn't tell Gerard but I loved Bob. It was more than just the dreams now, I loved him, I could feel myself falling for him and there was nothing I could do.

"It's just a headache, I'm completely fi-" he tried to get up and stumbled, falling onto his knees. Before I could even blink Ray was at his side, holding his hand, holding him in his arms.

"Frank we need to get him to a hospital," said Ray, his voice choked by tears.

"I never thought this would happen," I whispered in disbelief, shaking my head.

"Well it could be happening OK? So we need to get a car and get him to the hospital, right now," said Ray. I looked at Bob, leaning heavily on Ray, his eyes half closed and his breathing labored. How could he suddenly get in such a bad way?

"Wait. How could he have gone from being fine earlier, to being like this now?"

"I don't know! Do something!"

"I wasn't f-fine earlier, I n-need, I n-need..."

"It's OK Bob, keep talking to me," said Ray soothingly.

Bob started to go completely limp in Ray's arms, muttering incoherently to himself.

"Frank! He's crashing out, what the fuck do I do?"

I sprinted from the room to get help, I only hoped on my return I would not be too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I'm having a good day so you get an update =) Comments please?