Sequel: Nothing's Ever Over

Before It's Over

This Is My Confession To

Sometime after my chat with Adam, and skipping breakfast to set up merch, I was lounging in the tent as Aiden sold shirts. Kyle had avoided me so far, and I had a feeling he would do so until all day. I found myself disappointed. I was too eager to meet with Kyle and give him my answer, and I was too anxious for the day to end.

"Avery, if you check your watch one more time, I'm gonna have to crack some skulls, preferably yours."

"Thank you for that brotherly affection, Aiden." I said, turning to glare at my brother.

Aiden just shrugged his shoulders and looked down at whatever manager stuff he was working on at the moment. I let out a bored sigh and began to play with fingers. My attempt at distracting myself wasn't quite successful, so I was grateful when a girl approached the tent. I stood and walked the two steps to the table and took a better look at the girl in front of me and the boy behind her.

"Norah!" I shouted, jumping over the table to greet my closest friend.

"Hey, Ave!" she returned as she pulled me into one of her famous Norah hugs.

I guess the time I had spent away from Norah made her only look like she got older. Her round, dark chocolate eyes were lined with purple liner and her hair was pulled back into a messy, yet sophisticated bun. She wore a white button down, a plain black vest, and dark purple washed jean shorts. Norah smiled at me with a sisterly twinkle in her eyes.

"I've missed ya, little sis. How's your bro been treating you?" She asked, shoving a purple thumb nail in Aiden's direction.

"Like he always does, like I'm his slave," I answered dramatically. "Where have you been? I thought Shane picked you up from the airport last night," I said, glancing at Shane for the first time since he arrived with Norah.

"I did," he clarified. "You would have seen her earlier if you weren't having sleepovers with Kyle."

Shane smiled to himself and jumped over the table and taking a seat in my unoccupied lawn chair. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Norah. She was now staring at me with an you-need-to-fill-me-in-now-Ave expression. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she rested all of her weight on one foot, popping her hip.

"Kyle as in Kyle Burns? So, does that mean you took my advice then?" Norah asked excitedly.

Norah had obviously jumped on the 'Avery needs a boyfriend' bandwagon with the band. She said something about the van, grabbed my wrist, and began pulling me through the crowd of people that wandered the venue. We arrived at the humble abode on wheels and Norah climbed into the driver's seat. I climbed into the passenger's and faced Norah who was smiling enthusiastically.

"So are you gonna tell me what happened, or are we just gonna sit in the van for the rest of the day?"

"I guess," I said, pushing the door open again to let some air into the van. "Well, in a shortened version, Kyle made me hang out with him at Paramore's party to see if I really didn't want to be friends. I have to give him and answer tonight after doors close. He's gonna come help me take down the tent."

Norah let out a girlish squeal that was a bit to uncharacteristic for my comprehension. I gave her a strange look and her face reverted to its normal, grown-up expression.

"So what are you gonna say?" Norah asked. "Is it a yes, or a no? God help me, Avery Kera Goodman, if you say no-"

"I'm telling him yes!" I shouted at Norah before she finished her threat. "But I'm telling him just friends. He needs to realize it can't go any farther than that."

Norah groaned, rolled her eyes, and leaned back on her palms. She gave me one of her Norah looks. This particular one was always followed by some of Norah's sisterly advice

"You mean you won't let it go any further than that."

I opened my mouth to protest, but Norah continued on.

"Avery, hun, you are too terrified for your own good. I really wish you'd give this kid a chance instead of shutting him out so much. For working this hard, Kyle at least deserves a chance."

"Isn't that what I giving him?" I asked.

"Yes, but not much of one."

;;

After Norah and I finished our chat in the van, we made our way to lunch catering. The line was the usual 50 yards long, but none of the FTSK boys were in sight. Once again I found myself disappointed. I'm sure Norah and I could use some company from Jonathan. He knew how to lift people up, and after our talk, Norah and I were feeling a bit solemn.

We got in line behind who I thought was Hayley Williams, due to the vibrant red, choppy hair and petite body shape. I turned my back to Hayley to face Norah, though. We didn't talk which was odd for us, but only fanned ourselves with our hands. Then, from the corner of my eye, I spotted a familiar ginger head of hair.

Caleb smiled as he approached us and I smiled in return. Inside I was hoping he could give me some news on what Kyle was doing. However, as Caleb got closer, I noticed that he wasn't walking towards me. He was walking towards Hayley. He hadn't even noticed I was standing there.

"Brae!" Caleb called as he jogged the rest of the way to Hayley.

Why was Caleb calling Hayley 'Brae' and why was he so excited to see her? My questions were answered as soon as 'Hayley' turned to face Caleb. The girl standing beside me in line was not Hayley Williams at all.

Her eyes were round and gray green color. They crinkled at the corners as she smiled at Caleb. Her nose was pierced on the left side with a small diamond. Her complexion was pale except for the beauty mark that sat on the top right corner of her forehead. Caleb embraced the girl quickly when he reached her, then pulled away to peck her on the lips. The two red heads smiled at each other before starting a conversation.

"What took you so long?" Brae asked.

"Had to talk to Kyle about something. Why are you so impatient?" Caleb asked in a taunting manner as his face inched towards the girl's.

"Because I spend so much time with you," said Brae pulling herself away from Caleb.

I took that moment as the opportune time to clear my throat rather loudly. Not only did I gain Caleb and his girlfriend's attention, but a few other people in line as well. They all turned in my direction with questioning glances, even Norah, who I had yet to explain my confusion to.

"Hey Caleb," I greeted.

"Oh! Hi, Avery. I didn't see ya there." Caleb's face held an apologetic smile

"Who's this?" I asked, smiling at the girl next to him.

"This is Braen, my girlfriend,”

Braen smiled and waved at me awkwardly. Someone behind me cleared their throat. I turned to see Norah looking at me with an expectant expression on her face.

“Oh,” I said, feeling bad about forgetting Norah. “Caleb, Braen, this is Norah.”

Caleb smiled as Norah stepped around me to shake his hand. Then, Norah stepped over to embrace Braen in a famous Norah hug. Braen’s eyes got a little wide at first, surprised, but she soon returned the hug. It was hard not to. Norah gives the best hugs. I would know, and Shane would know better.

Norah had always had a strange sense for people. There were people who Norah naturally gravitated to, like she did with Shane, and then me. Then she would sort of take that person under her wing. When Norah did this it was quite hard to resist, because she had this older sister aura around her that made you love her. And Norah hugs were the first step to the whole process.

After introductions were over, the four of us had plenty of time to chat, which we took advantage of. Braen was a character, to say the least. She was loud and excited, a bit like Ross would be if he was a little bit mature. She was animated with her speech, using her hands to express herself. Braen’s fiery hair definitely matched her personality. And just like her shade of red, Braen overpowered Caleb’s mellowed, smiley personality.

It took a while for the subject to turn to Kyle, which was one topic I was anxious to discuss. I wouldn’t dare ask about him first though. Desperate was not a good look on me. So I was grateful when Caleb smiled and asked about my quick escape from the bus this morning. I told him about how Kyle was keeping me up and Caleb smiled even wider. Norah was smiling too, but Braen had a confused look on her face.

“Am I missing something?” she asked.

“Kyle’s courting Avery,” Caleb answered before I could.

“He is not courting me!” I shouted in protest, but Caleb only smiled again. “There was some debate about our friendship and I’m telling him whether or not we actually have one tonight.”

“That’s,” Braen started. She paused for a moment to give me a you-are-one-crazy-chick look before continuing. “That’s kinda strange, actually. What’s the problem with you guys being friends?”

“That’s exactly our point!” Norah shouted, back handing my shoulder and drawing attention to our circle.

“Anyway,” I said, moving away from the rather controversial subject of my actions. “I was wondering if maybe Kyle wanted to meet up earlier.”

“I can’t tell if you’re anxious because you’re saying yes or because you’re saying no. But I guess Kyle would like to hear either answer sooner than later. Our set's around two. So, is three-ish okay for you?” Caleb asked.

I nodded, despite the fact that our set was at 3:10 and I would have to rush to make it.

“Alright. I’ll tell Kyle to meet you at our bus.”

“Thanks Caleb. You’re the best.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay soooooo....
This came out longer than I wanted it to.
I was supposed to fit Avery's answer in there, but it never happened.
However, it will for sure be in the next one.
Holy crap guys this is Chapter TWENTY.
God, I never thought I'd make it this far with a story.
You guys are really the only reason why.
The great feedback is always keeping me going.
You're awesome. Comment?

Ask Kyle and Avery questions!