Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Bleeding On The Ballroom Floor

"Security!" I moaned. My reaction received giggles from both Zoe and Kori. Veronica was shaking her head, staring at the tangle of bodies that were laying on the floor of the mall.

"I thought I lost y...what the hell?" Donny exclaimed as he walked up on us.

"They're being stupid," Veronica announced, looking over at Donny. I could sense a connection in the making.

"How old are you?" Donny asked.

"14."

"You don't look 14."

"Huh."

I laughed at Veronica. She didn't even notice that Donny was trying to hit on her, and she was blowing him off. Veronica turned and gave me an evil look. Zoe and Kori started laughing harder at her expression. Veronica walked over and smacked all of us on the head.

"Uh...I don't think laying on the floor is the best thing to be doing..."Jag suggested. Zoe tried getting up, but fell because she was still laughing so hard. Kori was still laying on top of me, laughing at Zoe. Veronica sighed and came to help us all up, after doing so, smacking us again. Which sent us into another fit of laughter.

"You guys sure do laugh a lot..." Donny pointed out. We laughed harder, crying now.

"Oh man, that was awesome," I said, wiping the tears away before it made my makeup run. We calmed down slightly, enough to stop people from staring at us.

"There was a massive echo from all that laughing," Donny laughed. We smiled, holding back more laughter.

"Let's go to Hot Topic," Veronica said, pulling us all with us. I could smell pretzels, so I knew Hot Topic was close. I know that's weird, but there was a pretzel thing next to it, so the smell makes me hurry up a little.

"Remember that one time you spilled like, 10 dollars worth of change out here and the guys in there laughed at us?" Veronica reminsced, pointing at the bench where I spilled the money and at Hot Topic where the workers laughed at us.

"Oh man, that was so awesome!" I laughed. Those were the days...

We charged into Hot Topic (well, not really 'charged') and started looking around.

"Ohmigawd! Roxie, look!" Zoe yelled, holding up a LiveLavaLive t-shirt.

"Ohmigawd! No WAY!" I squealed, running over to get a better look. But it was the truth.

"I think I'm gonna get it."

"You should." I smiled at her, and she took it to look at some other things. I went over to Jag and slid my arm around his waist.

"This is fun," he smiled at me, "I've never heard you laugh so hard."

"You should see us at sleepovers!" I exclaimed, trying to look exasperated. Jag laughed and kissed my nose. I slipped away to go look at some shoes. Veronica was over there arguing with Kori about something, probably something stupid. I smiled. It was so much fun to be out with them again. We hadn't done this in over a year.

"Roxie, would Kori be able to walk in these?" Victoria asked, holding up a scary-looking pair of stiletto heels.

"If she wanted to break her leg," I giggled.

"I told you!" Victoria whispered to Kori. I wandered aimlessly around the store. Donny and Jag were arguing over which belt looked cooler and Zoe was talking to Seth, one of the guys who worked at Hot Topic. Yes, we knew their names. And their MySpace's. I felt like I was high.

"Hey, what's up?" Jag asked, hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Enjoying this. Did you see Donny hitting on Veronica earlier? She totally didn't get the hint!" I smiled.

"That was pretty funny. Are they always like this?" Jag questioned, looking concerned. I kissed his nose.

"Yeah, it's normal for them to be so weird. They're only serious when something bad happens." I said.

"NO!" Zoe shrieked from the back of the store. We all rushed by her side. She started reading Panic at the Disco's newest blog, which stated that they were breaking up. I started crying, and soon, all the girls were following me. Even the guys looked heartbroken. There were a few people also in the store who looked sad.

"THAT SUCKS!" I yelled. Zoe grabbed the nearest Panic at the Disco t-shirt and hugged it to her chest. We all followed her lead, pulling random Panic shirts off the shelf and hugging them.

"W-we sho-ould all b-b-buy a t-t-shirt in mem-mory," Kori sobbed. We all nodded, taking our shirts up to the counter to buy them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Time To Dance by Panic at the Disco
This chapter is dedicated, in loving memory, to the late Panic at the Disco. Good luck on all your new journeys.
Wowzers! 10 comments!! :D
Thanks so much to all you who've read, commented, or subscribed.
I love you all so much! :D
xoxo.