Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Taking Pictures of Me As I Fall Down The Stairs

We all walked out the door sporting mock anger.

"Dude, we should sit on this bench and just stare at them!" Zoe whispered excitedly, pointing at the bench that was right outside Justice For Girls. We nodded and sat down, glaring at the lady in the revealing top. She didn't know at first, but if having one person watching you gives you tingles, then six people glaring should give you shivers. She turned around and seen us.

"Dude, when she looks away, we should leave, and then come back at random times and sit on the bench," I whispered, still glaring. Everyone made grunting noises, apparently in favor because they ran away as soon as the lady turned her back.

"Where do you wanna go now?" Veronica asked, still whispering. That made us laugh for some reason.

"What time is it?" I asked. Kori looked at her phone.

"3:18." Kori confirmed.

"Well we could call Adam and Bryce and invite them," Zoe suggested.

"I'll call them. I'll even pick them up and take them," Donny offered.

"Sweet!" Zoe exclaimed. Donny grabbed his cell phone and said he was calling Adam.

"Hey dude...not much...hey, there's this party tonight....no, no....it's a sleepover." He winked at us. "It's Veronica's...cool, cool. I'll pick you up in a while, just be ready....Later." He shut off the phone.

"Adam is game." Donny smirked. Zoe and Kori shrieked.

"Now call Bryce!" Kori said, jumping up and down.

"Jag, you wanna take this one?" Donny looked over at Jag.

"Sure." Jag pulled out his cell phone and dialed Bryce's number.

"Hey, Bryce!...I'm good, man. There's gonna be this kickass sleepover tonight, and I want you to come...Veronica....yeah, I know. Donny'll pick you up, so be ready soon...later." Jag gave us the thumbs up. We cheered.

"Well, do you guys wanna go pack some stuff?" Donny asked as he looked at me and Jag.

"Sure, we'll see you guys in a little while," I said, waving to them. Veronica was already on the phone calling her mom to come pick them up. I grabbed Jag's hand as we began walking out of the mall.

"This is gonna be so much fun!" I enthused, squeezing Jag's hand. He smiled at me, and we exited the mall.

The entire ride home consisted of me singing along to Adelphia. I had an obsession with that CD. The ride seemed shorter this time, maybe it was because I was so hyper. I was having a natural high right now.

__________

I packed my makeup, a change of clothes, pajamas, a comb, and my iPod. Jag had a bag, too, but I don't know what he packed. I pulled on my Converse and was ready to go.

"Are you ready yet?" I whined, looking at Jag. He was still in the process of tying his Converse.

"Once I tie my shoes, hold on," he said, quickly tying his shoes. I grabbed my bag and started swaying back and forth, sighing occasionally. Jag jumped up, picking up his bag at the same time, and ran down the stairs. I chased him down, slipping on the second stair I ran down and fell on my butt, sliding down the stairs faster than I had been running.

"Ahh!" I screamed, still sliding. Jag stopped and looked at me, but that was a mistake because I ran into him, knocking me on top of me. We slid right to the bottom of the stairs, laughing the entire way down. Jag was still laying on top of me.

"I don't have the will...to get up!" he gasped between bouts of laughter. We heard the door open and seen Donny walk in.

"Hey, are you re-. Oh my God!" he exclaimed, looking at us laying in a pile.

"We fell down the stairs." I giggled.

Donny shook his head. "We should get going, don't wanna leave everyone waiting, y'know?"

We helped each other up, still giggling. We had to hold each other up to actually be able to make it to Donny's car.

But, finally, we made it, still giggling about falling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to If Not For My Glasses by Dear And The Headlights.
We got 50 readers!
Wow, thank you guys so much!
xoxo.