Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Forget About Everything And Run Away

I shoved Eva off of me and ran after Jag. I knew that Eva was chasing me, she wouldn't let me go without a fight. So I ran faster, chasing Jag. I'd always been fast when I wanted to be, and now was a time that I needed to be. I came closer to Jag and then grabbed his arm.

"Listen to me. Just listen! Please," I pleaded, looking at him, my eyes begging him to.

"Alright, I'm listening," Jag mumbled.

"Those things I said...you have to understand that it's not easy being, y'know. Pregnant. I just took it out on the wrong person," I said, glancing behind me. Eva had given up and was walking toward the swing set.

"I told you I loved you. And you blew it off without a second thought. You won't even tell me the same thing, and then I find you kissing another girl," He hissed.

"Oh, and you're so innocent? Mr. I-Fucked-Brandy-McDay-and-Now-She's-Pregnant!" I hissed back. He looked shocked.

"I...I never..."

"You never thought I'd figure it out? Trust me, Brandy tells us about every guy she's with, we've been hearing about it since fifth grade. She's gonna explain. In detail," I explained. Jag's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Look, I'm sorry, too," I said. My voice was filled with the hope of us getting back together.

"You've got that girl though..." he mumbled. I felt my world come crashing down again. So much for that. Should I lie about it? I didn't know. I was trapped. I knew Eva could hurt me if I dumped her, but I loved Jag. I started crying. Jag asked, "What's wrong?"

"Help me," I whispered, "Help me get away from her. She makes me kiss her and then slaps me if I don't. She wants me to tell me that I love her, and I don't."

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked.

"I don't know! She'll...she'll keep my things if I try to leave with you right now. She'll hurt me if I tell her I'm going with you when I get back to her..."

"Then run away tonight. Give me her address, I'll meet you there," Jag whispered, looking around. I nodded. He handed me a pen and held out his hand. I quickly scribbled Eva's address onto his palm, hoping to God the whole time that he could read my barely coherent writing. When I finished, I handed him his pen back. He took my head in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you tonight," he murmured, then walked away. I made sure to mask my happiness as I walked back to Eva. She was waiting on the swings for me.

"He dumped you again?" She asked. I nodded. "Let's just get you home. Go tell your friend Veronica that we're leaving," she shooed me with her hand. I did as I was told and went to find Veronica. She and Zoe were on a see-saw with Kori sitting in the middle.

"V-Veronica, Eva and I are going home. I'll call you tomorrow. T-tomorrow." I whispered. Everyone looked at me, frightened by my appearance, but nodded. They were oblivious to the fact that Eva hit me. They would know tomorrow, though. When I was safe.

I walked slowly back to Eva, and she took my hand in hers, holding it tightly so that I couldn't let it go.

"I've got a surprise for you when we get home."

At first I thought she found out about Jag and I, but as I turned to look at her, the only thing showing on her face was a dirty smirk. My stomach clenched, then started churning. I knew what she was going to do.

Now I just wanted to forget that Eva ever happened. I wanted Jag to come and get me now. I wanted to run away now. But I couldn't, not quite yet. And I didn't know if I could make it through tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Runaway by Avril Lavigne.
Today was EPIC.
My three year old step sister shot my brother in the head with a BB gun.
It was hilarious!
I love you all.
Especially those who comment.
xoxo.