Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

003

His face fell the moment he opened the door and saw me stood on his doorstep. He sighed, and stood back to let me in. I walked past, a smile plastered onto my face as I headed into his kitchen. Where coincidentally, Gerard happened to be making a cup of coffee, he looked up briefly as I walked in, his eyes locking with mine for a moment before he turned back to the mug that sat on the counter in front of him. I turned towards the door just as Mikey followed me into the room.

“Alright, what do you want?” he asked.

“Well, I was going to ask if you needed any help with that history essay. I figured if you’re going to re-write it for me later I might as well have some sort of input on it-.”

“What?” Gerard asked, turning away from his cup of coffee to face me. I shrugged. He looked at Mikey. “You’re doing his work for him?”

“What? No! And he knows that!” Mikey argued, looking at me.

“Oh come on Mikes. You know I suck at History; I suck at all subjects, but History more than others. Please?”

“No.” Gerard said bluntly, I turned to him. “He’s not doing your work for you.” He added, I took a step towards him.

“Says who?” I asked, raising my eyebrows, a smirk playing about my lips. He lent forward.

“Me.” He replied simply, and then swiftly turned back to the counter, picked up his mug and took a sip. “Look, it just so happens, I’m a straight A student, and if you need help then… I guess I could tutor you.” He added, my face lit up, this was exactly the opportunity I had been waiting for. “But,” he began, cutting me of before I could even begin to speak, “I’m not doing the essay for you. I’ll give you a hand with it, but I will not write it for you. Are we clear?” He asked, I smiled and nodded in response. “Good. Tomorrow after school.” He stated I simply nodded again; Mikey sighed, and then headed out of the room and up the stairs. I smiled, and then headed for the front door. “Oh, Frank!” Gerard’s voice called, I turned back into the kitchen.

“What?” I asked.

“This is not a date, nor will it ever become a date. I’m helping you study that’s all-.”

“So… like a study date?” I interrupted with a smirk. He sighed.

“No. You are doing your homework. And I am helping. End of story. There is no ‘dating’ involved. Understood?”

I nodded once and then turned back out of the door. I suppose I might as well play along with it… for now.