Sequel: How It Should Be

How We Operate

18:00

"Hear that, Geno? She's wearing you!" Tanger clapped Malkin on the back and the Russian began to look inquisitively at her. Matthew, Dane, and Violet shared a look, half smiling.

"What? What was that look?" Crosby asked, noticing the look between the three.

"Well, I mean, Geno's an excellent player and all, but it's his jersey." Violet said pointing at Matt.

"If there's anyone on this team that she would flip out for it's Marc-Andre over there," Matthew said nodding at the goalie. "She has a thing for goalies,"

"I think they're sexy," Violet said, smirking. Marc-Andre raised his eye brows at her and she giggled. "My first boyfriend ever was a goalie. And ever since I've dated goalies." She shrugged.

"Sorry, girlie, my man here is taken," Tanger said wrapping an arm around Fleury.

"By who? You?" Violet asked, getting a laugh from the team. "It's alright. I'm enjoying the single life right now. I'm allowed to keep my room the way I like it-"

"Like a farm animal lives there," Matt cut in. "We should go, Vi," Matthew said, tugging on his best friends arm.

"Yes, yes. We have can't keep everyone waiting, blah," Violet sneered. "Nice finally meeting all of you! I think I just died and went to heaven." Violet spun on her toe and walked out of the locker room, Matthew grinned evilly at the team before running after her and throwing her over one of his shoulders.

Her shrieking could be heard down the hallway and the team laughed.

"Well aren't they an interesting couple," Fluery laughed.

"You should have seen them during a game. She tackled him and then every five seconds he would "stretch" and smack her in the face," Tanger smiled. "Quite entertaining to watch,"

"That's Frik and Frak for you. Screwiest best friends I've ever met. They're here every game you know." Dane said on his way out.

"Wait! Every game?" Crosby asked, tilting his head.

"Every game," Dane nodded and walked away.

**************************************************************************

The party was pumping. Violet and Matthew had since discarded their jerseys at home and made their way to their friend Julia's house to get drink and be merry. Fuck work. Or, at least call in sick with a very bad case of food poisoning.

"You know what's a fun song?" Violet asked Matt as she stumbled into him. He reached out and grabbed her, spilling a bit of his beer on her shoes. She shook her foot out but shrugged it off.

"What?"

"Be My Yoko Ono, cause it's not really Yoko's fault that she broke up the Beatles..."

"If only your sober-self heard you right now you'd be arguing with yourself. Yeah. Yoko did break up the band..."

Violet looked down at the cup in her hand. "Cup's empty. I want a Mike's. You coming?"

Matthew and Violet walked over to the designated bar area where Violet grabbed a Mike's Hard and began pouring grenadine into it. "I liked the Penguins. They seem fun,"

"Yeah, they did. Malkin gave you googly eyes,"

"Haha, maybe learning Russian in college will come in handy now," Violet giggled. "That'd be fun! Shouting random things in Russian and have him get all confused that I know it."

"Don't hook up with a Penguin, Vi, they're too big."

"Yeah, Geno's like what? 6 foot something?"

"No I mean like...famous. They'll drop you after you sleep with them," Matthew chugged the rest of the beer before opening a bottle of water to pour into his big red cup and begin getting sober...or at least hydrating as to not vomit later.

"I wouldn't sleep with him!" Violet shrieked nearly spilling her Mike's.

"Yes you would. We all know you're easy, Vi. It's okay though, that's why I'm here." Matthew said. Violet sighed and hugged him. Matt tucked his chin into the crook of her neck. "That's why you have me,"

"It's how we operate," Violet sighed again. "You're the best, Matt,"

Matt sighed and watched his best friend scamper off into the crowd before she stopped short and turned back.

"Wanna' see if we can get tickets to the Flyers-Pens game Thursday? My dad probably could get them for us,"

"DO IT," Matt shouted. Violet laughed, hugged her roommate again and ran back into the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDD7l5lHo34
watch this...it's be my yoko ono and the guys in the band just start making fun of her in the middle....

I like Yoko though. Haha, don't get me wrong.