Sequel: How It Should Be

How We Operate

16:00

Matthew kicked Violet's shin. She looked at him only to see he was staring at her hand entwined with Evgeni's. She sighed and Matthew grunted and they proceeded to have a conversation using only subtle dilation's of their pupils....and Kris and Evgeni were confused.

"Um.." Kris had no idea what to say, letting his words trail off and die on his tongue.

"Oh! Sorry. Matthew's fault!," Violet settled back into the taxi's seat cushion. "So tell us a fun, random hockey story,"

Evgeni and Kris looked at each other. "Well, you seem to like Flower a lot so I'll tell you about him," Kris said. "Once, after practice he decided he wanted to scare Colby back when he was on the team so he went into Colby's equipment bag and waiting for him to unzip and and then out pops the goalie! Colby jumped a little bit, he was frightened," Violet laughed heartily.

"Ah! I think I love him even more now! I do stuff like that all the time!"

"You do?" Evgeni tilted his head looking at Vi.

"She stands behind our living room door so when I come home every day she jumps out and screams and scare the crap out of me," Matt said. Evgeni, whose eyes never left Violet's laughed.

"Wow," Kris shook his head. "You and Flower really would get along."

"See, all goalie's have the same sense of humor. I've gotten along extremely well with all of my boy friends,"

"And every has been goalie?" Evgeni asked, eye brows furrowing.

"Yup. All three of them."

"Three?" Kris asked.

"Mhmm. There was Mark in high school, for three years. Toby freshman year of college - he was a senior though so that was a one year fling. And then Henry who became the new goalie at school for junior and senior year."

"If were so well, why uh-uh, break up, is word?" Evgeni asked.

"Well Mark and I were just unhealthy. That was before I met Matt here so I didn't have anyone to tell me that it was so codependent and we just had so many issues. Then Toby was a senior so he graduated and we broke up amicably. And then Henry got a job in New York and I wanted to stay here so we mutually decided it was best. I haven't had a relationship since." Violet shrugged. "I can't miss any of your games! I'm a season ticket subscriber!"

The cab arrived at a dance club where the players were ushered in, Evgeni still clutching Violet's hand. Matt whispered, or more like screamed, into Violet's ear once they were inside the club, making their way to the private section.

"A) Don't drink! B) Keep playing the goalie card! Don't you dare have sex tonight!"

"Aye, aye, captain!" The group arrived at the VIP section and was greeted by a good portion of the team. Evgeni still had Violet's hand held hostage in his. Matt gave Violet a warning look and went to go talk to his idol, Mr. Kunitz. Evgeni towed Violet over to a warm corner and offered to get her something to drink.

"Umm," Violet hesitated, eyes flashing toward Matt. It's how we operate. He knows what's good for me and I knows what's good for him.... "Shirley Temple, please," Evgeni arrived back in a few minutes with her drink and one for himself as well.

"Oh," Violet tilted her head, "You're not drinking?"

"No. You not, too. I wanted try this. Looked good." Evgeni took a sip of the light pinkish reddish mixture. "Taste good, too," Violet giggled and Geno took her hand in his once again. The two young people amicably chatted as they watched Geno's teammates dance and drink and be merry. At some point Violet's lids became heavy and her yawning was becoming more and more frequent.

"You want back to hotel?" Evgeni asked.

"Oh yes, that's be great."

"I take you,"

"Let me just go tell Matt," Violet wandered through the hockey players and random club people until her eyes fell on Matt. He and Max Talbot were talking up a bunch ladies. Best not ruin his chances. Violet turned back and saw Evgeni waiting for her by the door. "Okay, let's go, Geno,"

Evgeni smiled. "I like you call me that,"

The cab ride home was silent. Evgeni held her hand in his right and the left wrapped around her shoulder, stroking her bicep. His breath fell sweetly on her cheek and every so often he would press his lips to the top of her head. Violet was introspective the entire ride.

You should really listen to Matt.

But sometimes Matt is wrong

How often is that though?
Really. Matt knows what's best.

But I let him have his chances with some random chick! At least Evgeni isn't some random chick!

True, but this is only the second time you've ever spent time with him. You talked to Mark for a month when he was a new student at school before you got with him!

That was different! That was high school!

Think what you want...

I can get with whoever I want. And maybe I won't sleep with him. But kissing...that's a different stroy...

Matt didn't say anything about kissing...

See, my point exactly.
.

"Violet? We here," Evgeni whispered into her ear. She nodded and let the bigger man gently pull her out of the cab. Their hands stayed clasped together, like they had been all night. "Want come back to my room?" Evgeni asked quietly.

And without a moments hesitation Violet breathed one word. "Yes,"
♠ ♠ ♠
AHH 13 subscribers! yay. makes me happy. And again, AHHH I'm going to see Fall Out Boy again this year! Wooot!

Comment? More comments mean faster updates...I mean, I have the next ten chapters ready so it's really in your favor to comment.