Status: Re-writing this story. Check out Heartbreak Down for the re-write. Love to all!

Silence You Lost Me

Danger

“Adalyn, come dance with me!” Brian screeched from across the room. She sent me a worried look but proceeded to Brian’s extended hand. I giggled, sipping my daiquiri then continuing my conversation with Mila.

“He has not stopped looking at you.” Mila mumbled.

I gazed over at Matt and met eyes with him, only for him to avert his gaze. I huffed, shaking my head. Johnny placed a hand on my thigh.

“You making googly eyes at Matt?” he mumbled in my ear.

I slapped him away, “No. Other way around, JC!”

Mila clasped onto my thigh, “Time to go. Val’s got her eyes on you.”

“I did nothing wrong!” I seethed.

“She probably saw Matt’s look. Come on!” she dragged me to the door, waving goodbye to the few who were still awake. Before we slammed the door, Matt placed himself between it. He slipped out, pulling the door closed behind him. Mila’s hand dropped from mine and she glanced around the empty hallway. She held the door key. Matt’s hand held the doorknob while leaning toward me. My back pressed to the cold wall, being completely covered by Matt. His arm went up beside my head.

“Where do you think you’re going?” his breath smelled liked beer, but his cologne made me weak at the knees.

“Mila and I were gonna go to bed.” I nodded over at her.

Matt’s hand tightened over the metal knob. His lips reached mine and he grunted. My hand raised to his neck, but I snapped back into my right mind and slipped under his arm and by Mila.

“Hun, you’re with Val. I’m not getting in between that. Figure it out. I can’t do that to her, you, or myself.”

His eyes widened and he seemed to sober up, “Trin, I…I’m sorry. Really, I didn’t…you just look…and I’m…and Val…” he sighed loudly.

I nodded, “It stays between us. Just…I can’t.” my voice broke at the end and Mila opened our door, dragging me inside. She slammed the door, locked it, and huffed against my chest. Her fists clenched against my stomach and head shook back and forth against my breasts. I held her, knowing she was frightened. Matt was big and terrifying when he was angry.

We jumped when Matt likely punched the wall.

What did I get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, I hate to do this...but I've realized I've hit a brick wall with this story. I wrote it sophomore year of high school, and I've grown so much as an author. This story wasn't well-written in my opinion. I'm sorry.
Good news: I'm re-writing it. Here you go:
Heartbreak Down
I'd love for you to check it out. Give it a try. If you don't like it, that's fine too, but it's going to be basically the same plot line. There are going to be changes, but I'm hoping they're for the better.

I love you all, and thanks for the support. :D