Sequel: Holding My Heart
Status: COMPLETE!!!!!

Deadly Kiss

14 A Date With William Beckett?

***************************
Ann's POV

“Didn’t I just tell you not to bother with him?”

I turned to Pete and glared. He stuck out his tongue and I returned the motion. He smiled and looked back in front of him. I returned my gaze back to William. The Dandies stopped a good ten feet in front of us. Still no Brendon!

William brought his hand up and he took of his white glove. Surprisingly he took the other off as well. He put them in his pocket and he stepped forward. I gulped and I heard Joe gulp as well. No one was talking or even moving. William tipped his hat, “Evening. I would like to talk to Ann alone.”

I huffed, “There is no way in hell am I hanging out with you and your Dandies alone.”

William chuckled, “I meant as in alone. You know? Me and you?”

I smiled, “And what will we talk about? The Sprint Cup point standings? (NASCAR Woot!).”

I heard Pete laugh and William flashed me a devilish smile. That alone told me to do what he wanted. He wasn’t in the mood for games. Too bad right? He sucked on a canine, “Just me and you. About what chess piece to move next.”

I really didn’t want to piss him off tonight, “Alone, just you and me. No one else for two blocks and then you’ll have your deal.”

“You can’t be serious!”

Pete came forward and moved closer. I rolled my eyes, “Pete, come any closer and I’ll ask William to turn me.”

Pete looked flabbergasted, “Dude, major vampire that likes to kill. You’re a defenseless human in pajamas! Tweety pajamas I might add!”

You got a problem with my pajamas asshole?! I almost said that out loud but thought better of it. William held out this hand in my direction, “I’m also a man of my word.”

That brought me back to reality. I heard Kaylene growl, “You’re no man, you’re a monster.”

William shook is head in amusement, “Only part time thank you very much!”

I looked at William’s hand. I reached out to take hold of it and next thing I know Pete is in front of me, “I’m not going to let you hurt her.”

I peaked over Pete’s shoulder and William tilted his head to the side, “So noble.”

I shoved Pete out of the way, “Relax Pete, I can handle myself. If he wants to finish my family line off all together. Then fine.”

William looked confused, “I never touched your…” His eyes went wide and he looked over to Pete, “You lied to her?”

I turned to Pete and he gulped, “It’s none of your concern.”

“I think it is if you’re blaming me!”

Kaylene made a pissy face, which I’m sure she was imitating William. Jodi rolled her eyes and sighed. I shook my head and turned back to William. He smiled, “Maybe I should tell her. But that would ruin everything.”

I raised an eyebrow. Now he had plans and I wanted in on them. I rolled my eyes at him, “Are we going to talk or what?”

William took of his jacket and threw it around my shoulders, “Yes we are.”

I cringed under the jacket. I expected I to smell like William but it didn’t. It smelled of Brendon. I watched as the Dandies took off down the street away from the hunters. The hunters followed except for Pete.

“Pete go!”

He glared at William, “One mark or scratch and I’ll kill you!”

William rolled his eyes and nodded and Pete disappeared. I was alone with William Beckett.
***************